Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 63. (Read 166041 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
legendary
Silver Price for August 3rd, 2013: 6608 Spots per troy ounce (includes shipping and insurance to all 50 states and Canada)

Keep in mind we will always use a formula based off the Bid price not the Ask price as well as data from coinchoose.com and coinmarketcap.com to get a fair estimated average
legendary
Silver Price for August 3rd, 2013: 6608 Spots per troy ounce (includes shipping and insurance to all 50 states and Canada)
legendary
legendary
Just having a little fun with various feeds.

While the link is up you can click to see a breakdown of Spots/BTC/USD/Silver (Troy Oz.):

temporary link

All data for these calculations is loaded real time - the metal price only updates once daily at the provider's end (free/sample access).

That's cool as hell. Thanks dude nice job. I'll add the link to the OP. Let me know if you change the url
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Just having a little fun with various feeds.

While the link is up you can click to see a breakdown of Spots/BTC/USD/Silver (Troy Oz.):

temporary link

All data for these calculations is loaded real time - the metal price only updates once daily at the provider's end (free/sample access).

legendary
I'm mining spots @ Vircurex. Not selling ATM, looking forward to exchange for Silver or better SPT/BTC ratio.

What worries me is the high number of Oprhaned coins I'm getting, 187.69979578.

Any ideas why is this?

You have orphaned coins on the pool? Or do you mean unconfirmed? Network seems to be on block 5510 for a long time due to high difficulty
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I'm mining spots @ Vircurex. Not selling ATM, looking forward to exchange for Silver or better SPT/BTC ratio.

What worries me is the high number of Oprhaned coins I'm getting, 187.69979578.

Any ideas why is this?
legendary
They are way cheap still. I can't see them staying there for long or coming back down to this price later on

The problem is the spread. I did put in a bid yesterday like I said I would, and someone bought it and the bid price went back to the same. There's a real psychological barrier when the bid price and the ask price are so far apart. Actually selling at the bid price or buying at the ask price seems like a big deal because whichever price you're transacting at, it looks like you're a chump and could have gotten a better price. When spreads get smaller, prices fluctuate more smoothly and naturally. I'm no expert in markets but I don't think I'm off base there.

You're 100% right. People are bidding too low and the sellers know that and are holding strong. It will get closer once people need to buy them if they want to buy silver from us
Activity: 140
They are way cheap still. I can't see them staying there for long or coming back down to this price later on

The problem is the spread. I did put in a bid yesterday like I said I would, and someone bought it and the bid price went back to the same. There's a real psychological barrier when the bid price and the ask price are so far apart. Actually selling at the bid price or buying at the ask price seems like a big deal because whichever price you're transacting at, it looks like you're a chump and could have gotten a better price. When spreads get smaller, prices fluctuate more smoothly and naturally. I'm no expert in markets but I don't think I'm off base there.
legendary
Our price will be based on bid price not asking price. That's why I say if you want the price lower in spots then youll have to raise your bids on coins-e

When I said, "I could sell…" I meant at the price and quantities of existing bids.

Look, I'm not trying to fight here. Your numbers didn't match with what you were saying, that's all.

I'm gonna go bid on some Spots. That was the point, right?

No worries, not fighting, just talking. The price I was talking is also including shipping and all other costs to get the bars to the customer

Yea, we need some higher bids. I think 7500 is too many Spots for one ounce of silver when there's only 266,854 Spots total mined so far

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue

The price is so low because people still don't understand how few Spots there are. I would suggest holding onto them. Once people realize there are still less than 280,000 total mined so far, things will change. Especially when they realize the pennies they are bidding on Spots is going to make the silver -> spots ratio way too high. We adjust the silver based on the spots, not the other way around.

Doesn't matter to us if you guys sell them for .00004 or .01, we will make our profits off percentages rather than premine

Definitely holding on to them for awhile... I've been trying to diversify my portfolio a bit more, so I've been holding more than dumping (unless I just don't like the coin.) Actually, I may move some funds around to invest a few more spots.  Smiley

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Our price will be based on bid price not asking price. That's why I say if you want the price lower in spots then youll have to raise your bids on coins-e

When I said, "I could sell…" I meant at the price and quantities of existing bids.

Look, I'm not trying to fight here. Your numbers didn't match with what you were saying, that's all.

No worries, not fighting, just talking. The price I was talking is also including shipping and all other costs to get the bars to the customer

Yea, we need some higher bids. I think 7500 is too many Spots for one ounce of silver when there's only 266,854 Spots total mined so far

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue

The price is so low because people still don't understand how few Spots there are. I would suggest holding onto them. Once people realize there are still less than 280,000 total mined so far, things will change. Especially when they realize the pennies they are bidding on Spots is going to make the silver -> spots ratio way too high. We adjust the silver based on the spots, not the other way around.

Doesn't matter to us if you guys sell them for .00004 or .01, we will make our profits off percentages rather than premine

Definitely holding on to them for awhile... I've been trying to diversify my portfolio a bit more, so I've been holding more than dumping (unless I just don't like the coin.) Actually, I may move some funds around to invest a few more spots.  Smiley
legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue
legendary
Are you guys having sync issues still?

We have another client that I could release with new ports, but unless everyone switches to it, it's not going to work at all, so trying to hold off on that unless we absolutely have to

As long as where it says: "Downloaded x of y blocks"

If x = current Spots block, you're synced, regardless of the display bug saying you aren't, or trying to download another chain
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Why there are some nodes on the network with high # of blocks and how do I ban them?

86.214.217.82:58278
198.199.121.22:59409
122.233.231.119:58101
207.61.182.205:16509
54.212.51.236:42198
89.29.69.214:11890

they all show startingheight of 8037  

Those are nugget clients.   Spots code started as a copy of the nuggets code (which started as a copy of another clonecoin, etc etc)   But the spots developers forgot to change the network and discovery settings.   So you see lot of mixing of clients on what used to be just the nuggets network.

I don't know how to ban them manually.  Is that possible?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
Why there are some nodes on the network with high # of blocks and how do I ban them?

86.214.217.82:58278
198.199.121.22:59409
122.233.231.119:58101
207.61.182.205:16509
54.212.51.236:42198
89.29.69.214:11890

they all show startingheight of 8037  
legendary
legendary

Activity: 140

Pages:
Jump to: