Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 76. (Read 166041 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
BTW: I updated client on the pool

Yours isn't trying to get the Nuggets chain anymore either right? Mine are all good here
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
BTW: I updated client on the pool
legendary
We need more pools. Especially a big name to pull some of this hashrate around
legendary
And I'm seeing invalid blockchain messages all the time with height ~2600 that are discarded (different genesis I guess hence likely nuggets).

Yup, nugget clients trying to connect to spots clients, spots clients trying to connect to nugget clients.    Oh my, so many orphaned blocks because of this.

Download the new client in the op. We updated checkpoints and fixed syncing issues
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
And I'm seeing invalid blockchain messages all the time with height ~2600 that are discarded (different genesis I guess hence likely nuggets).

Yup, nugget clients trying to connect to spots clients, spots clients trying to connect to nugget clients.    Oh my, so many orphaned blocks because of this.

legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
Super block coming soon. I'm pretty sure that pool will get it. Hurry and hop on

Not if the pool is hit with a DDOS it wont LOL....

~BCX~

You should help out and load up some solo miners to try to get the big block. Help spread the hashrate out, too. Use your powers for good

You guys need better DDOS protection, that was just a minor slap.

~BCX~

I hope the pool op saw your post. It made the website flicker but mining never switched to my fail over.

I wasn't trying to knock it down, just knock on the door.

~BCX~

Guys,

I am doing pools for some experience and fun - currently all my pools together don't get enough donation to pay out servers :/ If you want to DDOS them you can do it easily (as 95% of other pools) but it just doesn't make sense Smiley
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
After half a day running the client on Linux, compiled from github source I still see this:

root@ftc-1:~# ./spotsd getinfo|grep blocks
    "blocks" : 0,

Care to explain why it's not working. All ~20 or so coins I've compiled work fine, including some new one I compiled today. And I'm seeing invalid blockchain messages all the time with height ~2600 that are discarded (different genesis I guess hence likely nuggets).
legendary
I may have missed it, but what size are the super blocks?  Are they random?  If so, what range can they fall in?

Also, how does this coin differ from ElephantCoin?  I believe it has very fast confirmation times and also has these random super blocks.  

Code:
int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);

if(rand > 50000 && rand < 50011)
nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;

Basically, each block, a random number is generated, between 0 and 100,000, if that number is greater than 50,000 and less than 50,011, a super block of 10,045 will generated. so, that's 10 chances, out of 100,000, so there's a .1% chance of hitting a super block...I'm not sure how it's figured to be 12 Super blocks every 24 hours at 2 hour at random intervals, I don't see anything to allow for this, in the code, but, I am new at this, so I could be missing something.

Can I have this addressed please? I really just want to know how it works.

Superblocks are 205x a normal block or 10045 coins
There is a chance to hit one every 2 hours at .01% or roughly 12 times per day, but it is straight probability so it's certainly possible no one hits one right off or a couple hit in a row
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages
legendary
I may have missed it, but what size are the super blocks?  Are they random?  If so, what range can they fall in?

Also, how does this coin differ from ElephantCoin?  I believe it has very fast confirmation times and also has these random super blocks.  

Code:

nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;

Basically, each block, a random number is generated, between 0 and 100,000, if that number is greater than 50,000 and less than 50,011, a super block of 10,045 will generated. so, that's 10 chances, out of 100,000, so there's a .1% chance of hitting a super block...I'm not sure how it's figured to be 12 Super blocks every 24 hours at 2 hour at random intervals, I don't see anything to allow for this, in the code, but, I am new at this, so I could be missing something.

Yea. I'm waiting on a couple things before I update the op with the super block info. I'll pm you when I do so you can see it
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml

Code:

nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;

legendary
Could the pool ops of the already up pools please PM me their Spots address to collect the bounty?
legendary
100 Spots if anyone can get a p2p pool up
legendary
Diff dropped to .6 again. Hop on quick
legendary
I'm not even sure what edit of which post to respond to.

But it runs a bit like it's designer.  A little jumpy and easy to drive up the difficulty.

Please tell me what part of that statement refers to you?

Also, yeah you're starting to act a little jumpy too. Relax. It's bitcointalk sometimes people just ramble.

I had no intention for my bit of observation to drive you into a frenzy of self defense.

I didn't say anything about me. Just pointing out we have pools, which you said were needed
Activity: 196
I'm not even sure what edit of which post to respond to.

But it runs a bit like it's designer.  A little jumpy and easy to drive up the difficulty.

Please tell me what part of that statement refers to you?

Also, yeah you're starting to act a little jumpy too. Relax. It's bitcointalk sometimes people just ramble.

I had no intention for my bit of observation to drive you into a frenzy of self defense.
legendary
legendary
I wasn't the one saying it was for small miners, or for large miners. It goes up and down dramatically, that's the point of a fast difficulty retarget: to mimic the current LIVE network hashrate not be weeks behind and stuck on a shitty difficulty

Yeah I'm aware of the , uhhhh, inventor of this.

I don't mine much but I've not seen a blockchain adjust as fast (and as far) as this one.

I noticed the coin, started a machine, compiled the wallet and before I could even start a 150kh/s miner BCX had the block chain locked up way past what most people like to solo mine.

It might be a good solid coin.  It just lost the original point I think, of being attractive or beneficial to small miners. It needs pools IMO for any stability. And even then it's pretty gamable until there are a few hundred Mh/s consistently mining.

Perhaps a good "community coin", it should be resilient to attack. And the fast adjust means less incentive for the attackers to sustain. But if it was a coinchoose/cryptsy coin the rollercoaster would be ridiculous.

If it can maintain target transaction times he may have stumbled onto a coin that is more attractive to users and less attractive to miners altogether - a push back towards what I perceive to be "the original idea". If a lot of people are willing to mine the chain to support their use of it instead of for direct mining profit it could achieve some stability.

I don't know, just some ramblings not really meant as criticism, and certainly not for you.  It's nice to get a chance to see the thing run.

But it runs a bit like it's designer.  A little jumpy and easy to drive up the difficulty.

We have had 2 pools up since the first hours of the launch...

We launched with a client for Windows, Mac, and Linux

Faucet is up
2 Pools
Block Explorer

All within the first 10 hours of launch. The launch can't get much more fair than that...hardly jumpy, if you ask me
I wasn't the one saying it was for small miners, or for large miners. It goes up and down dramatically, that's the point of a fast difficulty retarget: to mimic the current LIVE network hashrate not be weeks behind and stuck on a shitty difficulty

Yeah I'm aware of the , uhhhh, inventor of this.

I don't mine much but I've not seen a blockchain adjust as fast (and as far) as this one.

I noticed the coin, started a machine, compiled the wallet and before I could even start a 150kh/s miner BCX had the block chain locked up way past what most people like to solo mine.

It might be a good solid coin.  It just lost the original point I think, of being attractive or beneficial to small miners. It needs pools IMO for any stability. And even then it's pretty gamable until there are a few hundred Mh/s consistently mining.

Perhaps a good "community coin", it should be resilient to attack. And the fast adjust means less incentive for the attackers to sustain. But if it was a coinchoose/cryptsy coin the rollercoaster would be ridiculous.

If it can maintain target transaction times he may have stumbled onto a coin that is more attractive to users and less attractive to miners altogether - a push back towards what I perceive to be "the original idea". If a lot of people are willing to mine the chain to support their use of it instead of for direct mining profit it could achieve some stability.

I don't know, just some ramblings not really meant as criticism, and certainly not for you.  It's nice to get a chance to see the thing run.

legendary
Block 216
difficulty  1.62557361
my god

So, you missed the push up to 2.88 in <40 blocks?

This thing revs up like a racecar - definitely no gift for "small miners" from what I've seen.

I did download the new client and got my spots, too.

Block 216
difficulty  1.62557361
my god

So, you missed the push up to 2.88 in <40 blocks?

This thing revs up like a racecar - definitely no gift for "small miners" from what I've seen.

I did download the new client and got my spots, too.
Pages:
Jump to: