Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 315. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Masternodes (Dash) and service nodes (SPR) are fully decentralised anyway, whatever services they are providing.

ummm. No they're not. And given human nature, there's no way anyone should want to put any form of "control" in the hands of a few. That goes completely against what the crypto currency thing was originally about. Not to mention the potential legal issues that could come to those running those sorts of nodes if governments decide they're performing some sort of money laundering or get classified as MTSs. It could end up being completely disastrous to create that sort of system and really shouldn't be considered at all when there are alternatives that avoid those risks.

I think Georgem and Coins101 are best placed to respond to your opinion on decentralisation however it is important to point out that SPR is not currently planning on providing financial services with its service node network.

Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Masternodes (Dash) and service nodes (SPR) are fully decentralised anyway, whatever services they are providing.

ummm. No they're not. And given human nature, there's no way anyone should want to put any form of "control" in the hands of a few. That goes completely against what the crypto currency thing was originally about. Not to mention the potential legal issues that could come to those running those sorts of nodes if governments decide they're performing some sort of money laundering or get classified as MTSs. It could end up being completely disastrous to create that sort of system and really shouldn't be considered at all when there are alternatives that avoid those risks.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
darksend would need the masternodes, which is not activated, neither is darksend

I'm pretty sure darksend is in there somewhere, or could be.

ServiceNodes could run darksend.

nobody is arguing over not implementing it at some time :-)

first i think we need to get service nodes up and running, and get spreadcoin up on core, then we can begin adding whatever we all need and see as beneficial... its not like we are restricting by basing it on one or the other, it just helps making the progress clean, besides, its better to focus on one task at a time, that makes things cleaner

The main theme behind Spreadcoin: "Decentralize Everything"...

So any service we include should try to stay close to this principle, and strive to decentralize something that is now centralized (or needs help to get more decentralized ---> why we want to help bitcoin)

I would hope that with the "decentralize everything" philosophy, that you guys will seriously consider NOT using any sort of masternode system but instead implementing something else like the cryptonote ring signatures or perhaps have a look at what shadowcash is doing.

We are not planning on using masternodes (we call them service nodes) to perform anon transaction functionality so what the anon coins are doing at the moment is largely irrelevant to us.  

This project is about providing other services via a two tier network, other than private transactions.

darksend would need the masternodes, which is not activated, neither is darksend

first i think we need to get service nodes up and running, and get spreadcoin up on core, then we can begin adding whatever we all need and see as beneficial... its not like we are restricting by basing it on one or the other, it just helps making the progress clean, besides, its better to focus on one task at a time, that makes things cleaner

So any service we include should try to stay close to this principle, and strive to decentralize something that is now centralized (or needs help to get more decentralized ---> why we want to help bitcoin)

I would hope that with the "decentralize everything" philosophy, that you guys will seriously consider NOT using any sort of masternode system but instead implementing something else like the cryptonote ring signatures or perhaps have a look at what shadowcash is doing.

legendary
Decentralize Everything
{
    "balance" : 984913.017500,
}

The trolling is strong with this one. I Love it  Grin

So far, the known balances from 3 wallets is more than the current coin supply.

Good morning Spreadcoin  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
{
}

The trolling is strong with this one. I Love it  Grin

So far, the known balances from 3 wallets is more than the current coin supply.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Hey Lebubar!  Welcome!

This is my getinfo so it looks like you're on an older version.  I really don't know what the changelog was...I suppose their is no harm in updating though.

"version" : 91504,
    "protocolversion" : 70019,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : One Hundred Bazillion Spreadcoins
    "blocks" : 385026,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 34,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 14.85179595,
    "networkhashps" : 1159289318,
    "moneysupply" : 2575326.48712499,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1430933717,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

We haven't got round to creating a new github yet so the code should be easy to find and binaries are on the web site in Georges signature.

Make sure you pop in on us now and again.  We're working on possibilities for using the concept of masternodes (we're caling them service nodes) to do things other than handle private transactions (although the option remains for us to do that if we want in the future).

At the moment, the hot topic of debate is whether we would be able to create an incentive system for people to run a full Bitcoin Node to help support Bitcoin through its node count problem.

Dan

legendary
Activity: 1288
CHAOSiTEC, georgem, coins101, stonehedge...

All known face. It seams that this coin is in good hands now.

I bough some times ago to made SPR MasterNode. What are the news about this? It'll be implemented "like" DASH with the difference for the dynamic number of SPR needed to create it? Did we have a roadmap aout this? Will they be paid for the service?

Cheers.

(Edit: did you contact vertoe to help for the dev (or he's occupied with CashCoin)? Like this the team will be full  of ex-DASH Roll Eyes )

Edit2:

Am I on the good version? :
{
    "version" : 91503,
    "protocolversion" : 70019,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 385196,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 34,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 14.85179595,
    "networkhashps" : 1159289318,
    "moneysupply" : 2575326.48712499,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1430933717,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}
legendary
^^^agreed.

When the time is right, we might need Darksend back in there. But that can wait for another day.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

This principle does not necessarily include Anonymization techniques that go farther than what bitcoin has to offer.

But who knows what we will come up with.

I am not against it per se.

But nonetheless we should remove everything darksend/darkcoin or instantx related that is still in our code, at the latest when we move to bitcoin core codebase.
legendary
And, by doing it this way, we can make masternodes as "just another service" on the service nodes, instead of hacking masternodes into something that can also run other services, way more clean ;-)

and yes, i like clean solutions :-) (if you havnt noticed :-p )

+101

With our growing team and community, I would be surprised if we didn't hit the top 10 within the next 12 months.
legendary
Activity: 1358
And, by doing it this way, we can make masternodes as "just another service" on the service nodes, instead of hacking masternodes into something that can also run other services, way more clean ;-)

and yes, i like clean solutions :-) (if you havnt noticed :-p )
legendary
^^^ I agree with that, 100%

Quote from: Mr.Spread during masternode testing
Current masternodes doesn't require many bandwidth. If we will introduce darksend or other features requirements may increase.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10280438
legendary

legendary
Things getting a bit spicy on Trex

maybe because of the community's commitment to do what needs to be done :-)

we all need to do our part, and that will ultimately show in the value of the coin.

Been awhile since I've been around so not sure about what's all happened. But why would you not use darkcoin DASH? That's what the original coin was based on.

Dash was a fork of Litecoin back then and is now ported to Bitcoin core for a number of beneficial reasons.

Ah ok. Then doing the same here would make sense. Thanks.
legendary

edit

no, its not in there yet, but can be added.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10076304
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Things getting a bit spicy on Trex
legendary
Been awhile since I've been around so not sure about what's all happened. But why would you not use darkcoinDASH? That's what the original coin was based on.

alot of darkcoinDASHs functions are disabled in spreadcoin, so we do not use that many things from darkcoinDASH, so unless you want all the darkcoinDASH stuff, there is really no need to base it off of darkcoinDASH... but as i said, im putting it up to the community to decide.

Also, basing it on DASH would mean that we would have to do a hardfork (depending on features), basing it on bitcoin means we would avoid that

edit: strike darkcoin, add DASH

Am I right in saying that Spread does have Darksend, or it can be turned on?

That is something that might come in very, very handy.

legendary
Been awhile since I've been around so not sure about what's all happened. But why would you not use darkcoinDASH? That's what the original coin was based on.

alot of darkcoinDASHs functions are disabled in spreadcoin, so we do not use that many things from darkcoinDASH, so unless you want all the darkcoinDASH stuff, there is really no need to base it off of darkcoinDASH... but as i said, im putting it up to the community to decide.

Also, basing it on DASH would mean that we would have to do a hardfork (depending on features), basing it on bitcoin means we would avoid that

edit: strike darkcoin, add DASH

Am I right in saying that Spread does have Darksend, or it can be turned on?

That is something that might come in very, very handy.
Jump to: