Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 320. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
So 4 dev or project members have already volunteered to run a static full spreadcoin node,
and their servers are already up an running.

Anyone else?

What about you...

...Gladimor?
...Stonehedge?
...e1ghtspace?
...defunctec?
...ScamAlert?
...a-russo?

Would be great to get atleast 8 people on board.

EDIT: I will release a new wallet soon.
Sorry, I can't because my Mum and Dad would get angry at me for having my computer on all the time.

* Set up an account with vultr (or one from here http://lowendbox.com/) with the specs based on the above post I made with system recommendations,

* do a video guide for a setting up a node and setting up a servicenode (when we get to that) for posting on your youtube channel (also links to and from spreadcoin.info)

* send me the bill for 6 months of hosting.

Deal?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
So 4 dev or project members have already volunteered to run a static full spreadcoin node,
and their servers are already up an running.

Anyone else?

What about you...

...Gladimor?
...Stonehedge?
...e1ghtspace?
...defunctec?
...ScamAlert?
...a-russo?

Would be great to get atleast 8 people on board.

EDIT: I will release a new wallet soon.
Sorry, I can't because my Mum and Dad would get angry at me for having my computer on all the time.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I'm assuming this is as simple as starting a masternode.  I've still got time.  Mrs Hedge is helping Hedge-bro-in-law with his thesis.

Somebody enlighten me.  My brain is a canvas waiting to be spread with knowledge.

^EDIT: Only took about fifteen mins to fail to get a testnet masternode running.  I had some chores to do.
legendary
Alternatively I'd be very happy to temporarily open SSH up to you and lend you the pem file Wink

But that way I don't learn...

Minus the time spent setting up a masternode (sorry about that, I didn't read the title properly, Juv vs. Real Madrid is on is my excuse this time), that was about an hour:

Alright.  I'm going to give this a go.  I have an unexpected free hour to get this going.

Props!
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Alternatively I'd be very happy to temporarily open SSH up to you and lend you the pem file Wink

But that way I don't learn...
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Vertoe's guide has got me to compiling stage no problem but no mention of firewall rules...

Also, this is a guide for masternode setup.  What needs to be in the conf file for a full node?

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
rpcpassword=VERYLONGCOMPLICATEDPASSWORD
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

Thanks George.  Should be ready to run soon.

I'm actually having a few problems.  Well I might be.  I don't know.

When I tried to start spreadcoind it told me that the .conf file was missing from testnet3 directory which isn't a path I specified.  

I wonder if vertoe's instructions were a little bit too oriented to testnet masternodes?

Spreadcoind is running but I'm not seeing blockchain downloading.  I also saw this message when I started it: [1] 1203

I've probably ballsed it up.

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.  I  did this:  git checkout mn-test

Yeah, I am sorry, coins101 gave you wrong advice here.

This has nothing to do with the masternodes testing we did a few months ago.

Wink

::Shakes fist angrily at Coins101!:: Wink

I have an instance running and waiting to be a SPR node.  I have limited Linux experience but I learned how to create and update DRK masternodes no problem so this shouldn't be beyond me.

I can follow instructions.  Spell them out to me like I'm an Infrastructure Programme Manager who thinks he knows everything and you've got yourself another node. Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
oops. sorry  Roll Eyes

Well, looks like he knows how to set-up a masternode.

No problem, I will need to clean up spreadcointalk too soon... it's a mess
legendary
oops. sorry  Roll Eyes

Well, looks like he knows how to set-up a masternode.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Vertoe's guide has got me to compiling stage no problem but no mention of firewall rules...

Also, this is a guide for masternode setup.  What needs to be in the conf file for a full node?

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

When I tried to start spreadcoind it told me that the .conf file was missing from testnet3 directory which isn't a path I specified.  

I wonder if vertoe's instructions were a little bit too oriented to testnet masternodes?

Spreadcoind is running but I'm not seeing blockchain downloading.  I also saw this message when I started it: [1] 1203

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.  I  did this:  git checkout mn-test

Yeah, I am sorry, coins101 gave you wrong advice here.

Running a full spreadcoin node has nothing to do with the masternodes testing we did a few months ago.

Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

EDIT:  I'm an idiot.  I  did this:  git checkout mn-test

legendary
spreadcoin.info

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

Oh, I forgot the txindex=1 again.

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678
txindex=1

Can't hurt, won't hurt.

You need to restart the daemon for it to take effect.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Spread everywhere quick we just waiting for...😊
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Also, this is a guide for masternode setup.  What needs to be in the conf file for a full node?

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

Thanks George.  Should be ready to run soon.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

D

This:

Code:
rpcuser=SOMETHING
maxconnections=1000
timeout=20000
port=41678

I appreciate your help.

legendary
Decentralize Everything

Also, this is a guide for masternode setup.  What needs to be in the conf file for a full node?

D

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
i can join, but i need to be sure, that i'll earn a profit from it.
renting a server costs money, y'know
legendary

e1ghtSpace, looks like another video bounty is about to be created  Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything
legendary
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Is it just TCP 41678 that I need open inbound?
Jump to: