Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 53. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

WTF are you talking about... we are mostly witnessing the side effects of a bitcoin price boost and nothing else.
Pretend all you like but how stupid do you think people are?

Really? The price of Spread in bitcoin more than doubles and it's because bitcoin is going up? Indeed, "how stupid do you think people are?"

I don't know any of the backstory here but I'll say this: coins101 exited this thread with complete class. He did no slagging of Spreadcoin. I hope you show the same class towards Helium, but I'm not optimistic based on your opening comments about that project.
We should not deny people's right to believe that the price and network hash increase is due BTC price, do we  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

WTF are you talking about... we are mostly witnessing the side effects of a bitcoin price boost and nothing else.

Really? The price of Spread in bitcoin more than doubles and it's because bitcoin is going up? Indeed, "how stupid do you think people are?"

I don't know any of the backstory here but I'll say this: coins101 exited this thread with complete class. He did no slagging of Spreadcoin. I hope you show the same class towards Helium, but I'm not optimistic based on your opening comments about that project.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
 Another node, could you PM me and let me know who was encouraging you to dump your SPR for CRW?  I don't have a problem with that but I'd like to know who it was. That's not something we have discussed as a team. Indeed, about 1/3rd of crw supporters hold SPR too I think.

Also, CRW did have plans for PoBN but abandoned them last autumn because we know another project is doing it and we couldn't find a way to do it perfectly.

I don't know if Helium will be a success but I support it because Coins101 has a track record of delivering what he says, when he says he'll do it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
DASH is nearly $400m and has benefited considerably from stuff that looks like it came from ideas that could have happened here first. but no instead spreadcoin is a rounding error on DASH prices. Let us see if HELIUM can catch DASH, and even if it only gets to 10% at least it is going to give it a try.

Come on man, think for yourself.
Don't just parrot what other people put in your head.

Remember that PM you sent to me about 6 months ago:

The same people that told you to invest in crowncoin back then, are telling you now that HELIUM will be the next big thing.

You have your own brain and are entitled to your own opinion.
But you have to...

USE IT!

... or else others will ...

USE YOU!
Not all the same people, just some. And these people didn't just switch to helium, they support both, afaik.

C'mon now georgem, are you trying to say these people are using AnotherNode?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
DASH is nearly $400m and has benefited considerably from stuff that looks like it came from ideas that could have happened here first. but no instead spreadcoin is a rounding error on DASH prices. Let us see if HELIUM can catch DASH, and even if it only gets to 10% at least it is going to give it a try.

Come on man, think for yourself.
Don't just parrot what other people put in your head.

Remember that PM you sent to me about 6 months ago:

The same people that told you to invest in crowncoin back then, are telling you now that HELIUM will be the next big thing.

You have your own brain and are entitled to your own opinion.
But you have to...

USE IT!

... or else others will ...

USE YOU!
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve
I really don't think you should be trying to claim any credit for the ATH.

Dream on.

Good luck with your

my favorite hobby (spreadcoin).

Says it all. But well done on getting random people on the internet to pay for what you call your hobby.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I really don't think you should be trying to claim any credit for the ATH.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
The interesting thing will be what happens when the HLM swap happens.  Will SPR keep up with the price of Helium?

Yes, it will be interesting to see.
It's not just a fork in the usual sense, it's also a philosophical fork.

Decentralization vs Centralization.
Permissionless System vs having to ask for permission

Spreadcoin and HLM will not just be different, they will be opposite to each other.
We are both talking about servicenodes, yet we mean so completely different things.

I actually hope that HLM is successful, you have my blessings..., it's just that I want it to be clearly separated from Spreadcoin.

I don't know what an "economic fork" is. I don't know what a Swap is. These are all just buzzwords.
People have already voiced very contrasting opinions about all this.
I am speaking for myself when I say that it doesn't sound like anything that I would want to take part in.

But nonetheless I am kinda glad that HLM comes into existence.
I really want to know what a lawyer has to say about trying to apply a patent on something that is already based on open source and free software,
and whether a public database (like a blockchain) can even be "copyrighted" in the usual sense.

I am not sure how far you guys are willing to go with this, but I have ordered a very large supply of popcorn.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Nice price activity. SPR is going places.

Time for another hardware purchase I guess.  Grin

I put 10k SPR on 6100 Satoshis.

I finally want to invest in a Pascal Architecture GPU, an Nvidia GTX 10XX (not sure which model yet),
and also upgrade PSU etc...

I really don't think you should be trying to claim any credit for the ATH. the market is showing support for a direction we should have gone down a long time ago. We've seen the price depressed for so long it's truly been depressing. but we are now seeing a good price move AND it's not because of you.

But I'm glad you've been able to benefit from the price rise. Imagine how much we would have all benefited if you had helped the project do well, and I don't just mean financially benefited. we've had lots of new miners, new faces, increased optimism. I'm sure that would have also translated into lots more patreons.

The interesting thing will be what happens when the HLM swap happens.  Will SPR keep up with the price of Helium?
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve
Nice price activity. SPR is going places.

Time for another hardware purchase I guess.  Grin

I put 10k SPR on 6100 Satoshis.

I finally want to invest in a Pascal Architecture GPU, an Nvidia GTX 10XX (not sure which model yet),
and also upgrade PSU etc...

I really don't think you should be trying to claim any credit for the ATH. the market is showing support for a direction we should have gone down a long time ago. We've seen the price depressed for so long it's truly been depressing. but we are now seeing a good price move AND it's not because of you.

But I'm glad you've been able to benefit from the price rise. Imagine how much we would have all benefited if you had helped the project do well, and I don't just mean financially benefited. we've had lots of new miners, new faces, increased optimism. I'm sure that would have also translated into lots more patreons.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I apologise for being incorrect.

Ok, apology accepted, but... I am not even sure what the "accusation" is?

Well, there wasn't really an accusation.

I just observed, incorrectly, that some coins were missing from your balance where you claimed they were all in that address.

I did say at the time that you could have sold them, which is of course completely fine.  They're your coins.  As it happened, I was incorrect, and did not spot the 7 step link between my donation and your current wallet.

legendary
spreadcoin.info

Ok, apology accepted, but... I am not even sure what the "accusation" is?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
EDIT:  Although none of my other donations to Georgem are in that list of transactions.  I'll go back to my old SPR wallets and see if I can shed light on this.

Why not just paste all addresses you ever used to make a donation to me?

Transaction-IDs please.

*most* of the coins that I donated Georgem made it to the Shutup wallet.  

*most* meaning *all* right?
You have to consider fungibility too.
Sometimes when I moved SPR to bittrex to pay some bills I didn't care to specifically choose inputs that were NOT from those 100k.
Sometimes I just let the tool choose the inputs automatically.

You would need to create a balance sheet where all inputs and outputs are correlated, and in the end it will show the balance that is currently in the ShutUp-Address.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Even though georgem says nobody cares about an apology, I like to apologise when I am wrong.

*most* of the coins that I donated Georgem made it to the Shutup wallet.  I didn't see this originally because it was done in 7 transactions from an address that I did not know about (or at least had not seen since 2015).

EDIT:  Although none of my other donations to Georgem are in that list of transactions.  I'll go back to my old SPR wallets and see if I can shed light on this.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Probably why you split your SPR holdings into smaller quantities and addresses.

To be fair, I did the same when I had a large wallet for privacy reasons.

Are you kidding me, I clearly remember you recommending to me that I do that splitting, lol...

And I was all like: "oh, is that what I am supposed to do now... ok, if you say so...."

In the end my plan was to split those 100k SPR into 4 paperwallets, it had nothing to do with "privacy reasons".

Seriously, I need someone to take a look at where those 100k originated from.
Shouldn't transparency work both ways?

I remember that conversation clearly too.

Is it only 4 wallets? Thought it was more than that.  Sorry, its taking me quite a while to work through this.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Are you kidding me, I clearly remember you recommending to me that I do that splitting, lol...

And I was all like: "oh, is that what I am supposed to do now... ok, if you say so...."

In the end my plan was to split those 100k SPR into 4 paperwallets, it had nothing to do with "privacy reasons".

Seriously, I need someone to take a look at where those 100k originated from.
Shouldn't transparency work both ways?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
If I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

the truth is in the blockchain

legendary
spreadcoin.info

It's not your decision, the truth is in the blockchain, we don't need to care if you admit something or not, sigh.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
You see, I have no problem with transparency, that's why I recently put all my SPR into one single address in the first place,
so that people can get a clean overview over the SPR holdings of their dev.

Are you going to stand by that?

Yes.

I think you are confused, or you don't really know how a blockchain works.

I have split my SPR into different addresses at some point in time for various reasons, but in the end all SPR end up in ShutUpHxbuLdy22g9NE4afviUr2Cnqd68H

Just check the data.  Cheesy

For the sake of clarity, at least 100,000 of the coins that I donated to Georgem never made it to this address.

You claim that your 100k SPR never made it to ShutUpHxbuLdy22g9NE4afviUr2Cnqd68H
which is a plain lie.

Well.

People can check for themselves, that's the great thing about blockchain-based trustless systems.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
You see, I have no problem with transparency, that's why I recently put all my SPR into one single address in the first place,
so that people can get a clean overview over the SPR holdings of their dev.

Are you going to stand by that?

Pages:
Jump to: