Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 55. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 559
Congrats on the all time high market cap, Spreadcoin!
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Shitcoin Bliss
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Truly sorry @georgem - funds are tight this month I haven't placed my new Rpi3 order yet.

No need to apologize, I am looking forward to your feedback, and thanks for your support. Smiley

@Georgem - My new Rpi3 with 64gb chip is coming tomorrow.  I plan on getting the node up and running this weekend.  Is there a tutorial for installation?  I am primarily a Windows user with basic knowledge in Linux - specifically Debian Jessie - (Rpi O/S)....  Thanks - pokeytex
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

wasn't lucky. i hit the expected # of blocks for my hashrate. Last year net hashrate was much lower (as i mentioned in post) and hence difficulty was too.
difficulty determines how many blocks you can expect to hit in a given time period for a given hashrate.
and last year difficulty was less than half what it is now. It all maths out.

are you sure you got your decimal place right?   i get 2 to 3 blocks with 1.4 mh!!  (woo hoo!! ding!! just hit one while writing this post,  karma!!)
  10 mh should get you  around 14 blocks a day (at 1000mh net hashrate)

yeah, about 4000khash/s on 2 gpu namely 970 and 1060 & 1400khash/s on 750 = 9.4mh/s~10mh/s
Or perhaps my network isn't fast enough to submit the solutions  Huh Roll Eyes

This is the calculation for difficulty 15:
232x15/9400000/60
=114min for finding 1 block

There is something wrong with your setup if You are not matching the calculation. On average offcourse.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

wasn't lucky. i hit the expected # of blocks for my hashrate. Last year net hashrate was much lower (as i mentioned in post) and hence difficulty was too.
difficulty determines how many blocks you can expect to hit in a given time period for a given hashrate.

are you sure you got your decimal place right?   i get 2 to 3 blocks with 1.4 mh!!  (woo hoo!! ding!! just hit one while writing this post,  karma!!)

yeah, about 4000khash/s on 2 gpu namely 970 and 1060 & 1400khash/s on 750 = 9.4mh/s~10mh/s
Or perhaps my network isn't fast enough to submit the solutions  Huh Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
ditto that !  (see my previous post)
Quote from: sirazimuth
I mined spread for all of 2016 pretty much 24/7 with 2 lowly 750 ti's.

I have an even lower 750  Grin

My average was around 4 or 5 blocks per day per card.

You must've lucky... I only got 3 blocks per day with 3 cards @ 10mh/s

I have an even lower 750  Grin

You must've lucky... I only got 3 blocks per day with 3 cards @ 10mh/s
legendary
born once atheist
you better mine to a pool, the solo mining seems instable

Solo mining works just great. (fify)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Solo mining works just great.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 550
Merit: 500
what miner are you using?
Its the original provided miner at the first page of this thread.
1 gpu mining on local machine and 2 gpu mining on remote machine.

Edit:-
Strange, now the 2 gpu on the remote machine showing constant hashrate but for the local machine's gpu its not stable.
https://image.ibb.co/ndQr5a/Untitled.png
legendary
Activity: 1694
Decentralize Everything
SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds

lol, wikileaks dropping the bomb!!!
What a time to be alive!

Can't quite see the hype behind this.

So far, it is stuff we already knew plus a number of totally unproven claims by Kim Dot Com.

I'm a bit disappointed with him to be honest, he should have just stuck to stuff that he could prove with the contents of the Wikileaks documents.  He has left things open for people to question the credibility of his claims.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Why are the hashrate jumping ups and down?
I have nvidia cards maxell and pascal
Monitoring it through msi afterburner all showing usage 100% for a short time then 0% for a short time intervals...
shouldn't it be like 100% all of the time?

what miner are you using?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds

lol, wikileaks dropping the bomb!!!
What a time to be alive!

Why are the hashrate jumping ups and down?
I have nvidia cards maxell and pascal
Monitoring it through msi afterburner all showing usage 100% for a short time then 0% for a short time intervals...
shouldn't it be like 100% all of the time?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Truly sorry @georgem - funds are tight this month I haven't placed my new Rpi3 order yet.

No need to apologize, I am looking forward to your feedback, and thanks for your support. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1504
By the way, just on a sidenote,  there is a tested Raspberry Pi 3 version of the Spreadcoin Daemon ready for your download:

http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoinARMv864.tar.xz

It's a 64bit ARMv8 build, so it won't work on older Raspberry Pi's, but it works very well on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Anyone already tested the raspberry Pi 3 build?

Come on guys, work with me!   Smiley

Feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

legendary
born once atheist
So just a little fun fact now that the price has recovered and thus i'm back pointing to spread again.
(hey gotta go where the profits take me doncha know and equihash was paying better on nh) due to some AWESOME
wallet development from georgem. (and coins project, but that's another thread now) My thanks to you both.
As I recall in that time span the net hashrate fluctuated around 300mh to 600mh.. currently 1.37gh so basicly difficulty has doubled.
the price ranged from 5k to 10k sat in that same time span... currently it's around 5k (up from 1.5k)  so basicly the price has halved.
(actually in fiat value  its pretty much the same due to btc mooning)
and 1 less coin per block reward from when I started a year ago.
My best day in that year was  13 blocks in a 24 hour period on one card.
So looking back on that year and considering the current price of btc I guess it did ok
....well for penny jar mining anyway(as I like to refer my 2 "rigs" as).

I have to say that solo mining spread is way more fun than Nicehash. just love it when the ole bell rings outta nowhere
and that block is ALL YOURS!!!
....4.42 coins times .00005btc times $1250=   27 cents!! woo hoo!! Cheesy

LOL...gotta love the crypto addiction in my old age (its way better than the one I kicked 10 years ago Wink Grin)........... GO SPREADCOIN!!!  
Let's see, this is about 0.8% of total hashrate, so in a day (1440 blocks) you should hit 11 blocks.
Roughly one every 2 hours.

Mining for half an hour and no block found, suspect that i did anything wrong but no error message....
I guess I'll have it sit around for a day to get some spr then
Thanks mate Cheesy
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
No block found on 11mh/s is this normal  Huh

Let's see, this is about 0.8% of total hashrate, so in a day (1440 blocks) you should hit 11 blocks.
Roughly one every 2 hours.
Pages:
Jump to: