Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 56. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
No block found on 11mh/s is this normal  Huh
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
5k breached. No resistance up to 7k+. Easy 10k soon.

Nicely done georgem, this new revision of the wallet it's a tiny masterpiece

Next stop 50k
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
Georgem, any preview of your latest creation?

Lots of improvements everywhere. Update coming soon.

The Spreadwallet is now capable of succesfully identifying and recognizing your local nodes (and separating them from external nodes),
and figuring out whether they are raspberry pi's or from other manufacturers.

I am using a combination of arp (address resolution protocol), netstat (network statistics) and pinging
coupled with access to a list of IEEE 802®-2001 OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier, see http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui.txt)
that I use to lookup the manufacturer of a device (based on MAC-Address).

This way I get a good overview over the environment the SpreadWallet is operated in (devices, manufacturers, IPs, MAC-Addresses, etc..).

Local Nodes that are in full control of the SpreadWallet are now automatically shown with grey background and device symbol (if available - currently only rasp pi).
External Nodes that are not in control of the SpreadWallet (but which are used to create a "SPV"-style connection) are shown with transparent background,
as you can see in the pic above.

More Info soon. Lots of interesting details are in the making...  Cool

Thanks again to my patrons for their support and patience.

Great work Georgem congratz!
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
5k breached. No resistance up to 7k+. Easy 10k soon.

Nicely done georgem, this new revision of the wallet it's a tiny masterpiece
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
However, maybe I dreamed that on the first page it says:

Yes, but that is the old inactive thread of the previous developer.
It's a little confusing... I know...
but it will sort itself out over time.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
By the way, just on a sidenote,  there is a tested Raspberry Pi 3 version of the Spreadcoin Daemon ready for your download:

http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoinARMv864.tar.xz

It's a 64bit ARMv8 build, so it won't work on older Raspberry Pi's, but it works very well on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Anyone already tested the raspberry Pi 3 build?

Come on guys, work with me!   Smiley

Feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Lots of improvements everywhere. Update coming soon.

The Spreadwallet is now capable of succesfully identifying and recognizing your local nodes (and separating them from external nodes),
and figuring out whether they are raspberry pi's or from other manufacturers.

I am using a combination of arp (address resolution protocol), netstat (network statistics) and pinging
coupled with access to a list of IEEE 802®-2001 OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier, see http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui.txt)
that I use to lookup the manufacturer of a device (based on MAC-Address).

This way I get a good overview over the environment the SpreadWallet is operated in (devices, manufacturers, IPs, MAC-Addresses, etc..).

Local Nodes that are in full control of the SpreadWallet are now automatically shown with grey background and device symbol (if available - currently only rasp pi).
External Nodes that are not in control of the SpreadWallet (but which are used to create a "SPV"-style connection) are shown with transparent background,
as you can see in the pic above.

More Info soon. Lots of interesting details are in the making...  Cool

Thanks again to my patrons for their support and patience.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
How many mining rigs I can connect to wallet? Now I get to connect only 4 rigs, and a 5-th can not connect  Undecided

Thank you for helping to prove a point.

One of the long running discussions around here has been about attracting miners to secure the network and increase decentralization.

As is being demonstrated, the increase in price does create a positive feedback loop for someone areas of project development.

I would love to connect all my 6x1070 rigs to the spr network but can't do it technically, because the wallet does not support more than 4 simultaneous connections  Sad

part of the problem is not that it CANT do it - but the wallet LIMITS the connections ...

close your wallet - find your spreadcoin.conf - add ( or change if you have much less ) the connection limitation to the wallet to your desired amount - save the spreadcoin.conf - restart the wallet ...

below is a snippet of my conf file - though it is the vps one ( which acts as a node also ) ... you dont have to have the figures that high ...

let me know how you go ...

Code:
rpcthreads=70

maxconnections=250

hope it works to add all your cards to it ...

#crysx

Bravo, thank you both - you are  contributed a true decentralization to the network. One RIG with 6 x 1070 with SP miner hashed 54 Mh / s. Six x  54 = 324 Mh / s (0.324 Gh / s). Current overall network hashrate is  1.38 Gh / s. Four such miners and have overall network hashrate. Thus, the network is not in the hands of one people  than 4 people. It is still significant decentralization. And I contributed to the decentralization of the network until a few hours. I had a 6 x RX 480 with 30 Mh / s. However, after increasing the network over 1 Gh / s not worth more mining ( I there is almost no solved blocks). This once again confirms the old idea of justice: All the rich - nothing poor .

ive been around since pretty much the beginning ...

but all good and well ...

i like the name you chose for your profile here on bct ... considering that lucky luciano was THE 'original gangster' and one of the most prolific mafia bosses in the USA ... not to mention the first ...

hehehe ...

we would do a great deal more - but there are other projects we are working on - the engines under our 'hood' like our flagship granite ( grn ) ... and the continuation of the growth of our infrastructure ...

#crysx
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
How many mining rigs I can connect to wallet? Now I get to connect only 4 rigs, and a 5-th can not connect  Undecided

One of the long running discussions around here has been about attracting miners to secure the network and increase decentralization.

As is being demonstrated, the increase in price does create a positive feedback loop for someone areas of project development.

I would love to connect all my 6x1070 rigs to the spr network but can't do it technically, because the wallet does not support more than 4 simultaneous connections  Sad

part of the problem is not that it CANT do it - but the wallet LIMITS the connections ...

close your wallet - find your spreadcoin.conf - add ( or change if you have much less ) the connection limitation to the wallet to your desired amount - save the spreadcoin.conf - restart the wallet ...

below is a snippet of my conf file - though it is the vps one ( which acts as a node also ) ... you dont have to have the figures that high ...

Code:
rpcthreads=70

maxconnections=250

#crysx

Bravo, thank you both - you are  contributed a true decentralization to the network. One RIG with 6 x 1070 with SP miner hashed 54 Mh / s. Six x  54 = 324 Mh / s (0.324 Gh / s). Current overall network hashrate is  1.38 Gh / s. Four such miners and have overall network hashrate. Thus, the network is not in the hands of one people  than 4 people. It is still significant decentralization. And I contributed to the decentralization of the network until a few hours. I had a 6 x RX 480 with 30 Mh / s. However, after increasing the network over 1 Gh / s not worth more mining ( I there is almost no solved blocks). This once again confirms the old idea of justice: All the rich - nothing poor .

Activity: 617
Merit: 559
Is this project still alive?

It certainly is. I will not answer for the lead developer (GeorgeM), however he consistently pops in here to give updates on progress. There is a big release due sooner than later so that would be the hot topic of discussion for the project itself.
legendary

Code:
rpcthreads=70

maxconnections=250

#crysx

YES!! Thanks!! It works!

no worries mate ...

#crysx
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Code:
rpcthreads=70

maxconnections=250

#crysx

YES!! Thanks!! It works!
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Is this project still alive?
legendary

Code:
rpcthreads=70

maxconnections=250

#crysx
Next step 5k Cool

Be advised

Check Smiley.

Resistance it's pretty low in the sell side. Considering the fork situation it's not so distant to imagine 10k as a concrete possibility. When the decentralized wallet will be released, the interest will be surely greater. You can expect the logic consequences.

Nicely done

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve

How many mining rigs I can connect to wallet? Now I get to connect only 4 rigs, and a 5-th can not connect  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
helium.. love that name my friend!
makes me wanna  take a big hit off a  helium filled balloon then recite a shakespeare sonnet in a high squeaky voice...

"..how should I compare thee to a summers day?....."    (that's my version of high squeaky font)

funny shit man  (I do that at parties and it brings the house down... ok maybe not.. )

ok enough of that .....GO SPREADCOIN!!!  DITTO HELIUM!!!

on a serious note ... awesome project coins..best of luck mate. I'm watching with keen interest.
Pages:
Jump to: