Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 77. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Sugarfly you seem to be really optimistic about this project and not too concerned about timelines. Are you interested in an opportunity to grab a large stake in SC at the current market price? The sell side is pretty thin, this could be a good opportunity for you.

Are you implying you're going to sell a large stack?

If so how much & at what price?  Grin
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Zettel-Dolphin
Sugarfly you seem to be really optimistic about this project and not too concerned about timelines. Are you interested in an opportunity to grab a large stake in SC at the current market price? The sell side is pretty thin, this could be a good opportunity for you.

I'm excited about the spreadwallet.
That's what got me interested.
That's what I am here for.

besides, abbreviation is SPR not SC

-sf-

Ni dieu ni maître
There is no 'urgency' as such, but there were some expectations that things were just around the corner, let's say 'weeks' or even 'months' away - but years away? That's what it will be in a few weeks time.

What "things" were just around the corner?

A very first basic testnet version?

Even if that were the case, it would have meant months/years of additional work after that anyway.

Am I not right about that?

Back then something made georgem scrap his plans and go back to the drawing board.

I would bet my shiny metal ass that it had something to do with big investors
who were pressing hard on georgem to use mr. spread's code.

Just open your eyes, the same thing is happening to this day!

I recommend you go back to january/february and read a few of the pages and draw your own conclusions.

Don't take this out of context.

-sf-

The truth is the community never received a proper explanation for this; I implore you to find one.

You are right that there were some investors pressuring Georgem at one point (and perhaps still are) to release something (I don't believe that in this instance he was reusing code), but it does not logically follow that a timeline would not be met. You are speculating as to the reasons, but as I said, nobody knows and nobody will know until Georgem tells us.

In the past, I have understated my frustrations in regards to this because I recognized that there would probably be little to no response nor did I think it would be productive at the time.

As you can see though, this issue will not just disappear. You can defend Georgem with your assumptions, but it won't solve the issue at hand. I do think Georgem is signaling to the community that he will be more regular with his updates, which in my opinion is a large step in the right direction.

However, I also think some explanation as to what exactly happened would go a long way in helping the community 'rebuild'.

This isn't something that can just be whisked away.
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
Zettel-Dolphin
There is no 'urgency' as such, but there were some expectations that things were just around the corner, let's say 'weeks' or even 'months' away - but years away? That's what it will be in a few weeks time.

What "things" were just around the corner?

A very first basic testnet version?

Even if that were the case, it would have meant months/years of additional work after that anyway.

Am I not right about that?

Back then something made georgem scrap his plans and go back to the drawing board.

I would bet my shiny metal ass that it had something to do with big investors
who were pressing hard on georgem to use mr. spread's code.

Just open your eyes, the same thing is happening to this day!

I recommend you go back to january/february and read a few of the pages and draw your own conclusions.

Don't take this out of context.

-sf-
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve
legendary
Mr Spread answered concerns by himself.  So georgem should't be able to?  Peopls' memories are very short in crypto...

It's all about the quick buck. Remember that Bitcoin's dev disappeared and the community didn't' exactly have a direct plan of action.

I don't really recall that, and I was there at the time. But anyway, i think Satoshi had delivered on everything he said he was going to do before he disappeared and had someone in place to take over from him.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Mr Spread answered concerns by himself.  So georgem should't be able to?  Peopls' memories are very short in crypto...

It's all about the quick buck. Remember that Bitcoin's dev disappeared and the community didn't' exactly have a direct plan of action.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Ni dieu ni maître

You might have missed his prior post, which quoted the dev's own timeline. If you scroll up you'll see it, and if you're a real member here and not a sock puppet you'll understand what he means by timeliness.

You are this Auroraguy who recently popped up, praising "the benefits of failed ICOs",
and you lecture others about "real membership"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 Grin Grin Grin

-sf-

I see you're pretty new to the forum sugarfly. Welcome to the wonderful world of crypto.

Georgem could you weigh in here... or anyone else who answer humbepirate's post?

No one besides Georgem will be able to answer to discrepancies between self-imposed deadlines and delivery times. Anything else is speculation or inference.

I think that Georgem's move towards patreon and regular video updates and trial features will be his way of engaging the community in a mutually beneficial way. The project has been criticized in the past in regards to communication and transparency. However, I think that within the next few months there will be progress in that space.
legendary

You might have missed his prior post, which quoted the dev's own timeline. If you scroll up you'll see it, and if you're a real member here and not a sock puppet you'll understand what he means by timeliness.

You are this Auroraguy who recently popped up, praising "the benefits of failed ICOs",

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 Grin Grin Grin

-sf-

I see you're pretty new to the forum sugarfly. Welcome to the wonderful world of crypto.

Georgem could you weigh in here... or anyone else who answer humbepirate's post?
Zettel-Dolphin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 Grin Grin Grin

-sf-
legendary
Whether implementation is possible or timely will be a different story.

Timely?  Huh

For what exactly?

Did you impulse buy an expensive car,
and the first payment is soon due?

I hear the same faux urgency I heard during many a pump & dump.

-sf-

Zettel-Dolphin
Whether implementation is possible or timely will be a different story.

Timely?  Huh

For what exactly?

Did you impulse buy an expensive car,
and the first payment is soon due?

I hear the same faux-urgency from you that I heard during many a pump & dump.

-sf-
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist

*Edited out nonsense*

I expect that I need another 50 hours or so to finish everything and put all the loose ends together before we can start testing it.

This could mean best case, that I will be ready in 1 week, or worst case by the end of january.

I will keep you updated about the progress in much more detail from now on!

Stay tuned!

P.S. I will update roadmap, website, etc... tomorrow!

Well there you have it folks!  A mere 50 hours away.... as of January.... 2016.  Almost one year ago we were 50 hours away.  Service nodes are imminent.

As a relative newcomer here, this is an interesting post to me. Anyone have some sort of response worth hearing?

I think that you will find this community is not huge on accountability.  Trying to hold the dev accountable to his own timelines in anyway will get you called a troll or fudder.  Obviously it is understandable that there might be setbacks, but the constant moving of goalposts and lack of transparency has hurt the project (losing members). 

It is obvious why no one is willing to ask any of the tough questions, as even though the title of this thread suggests "decentralize everything"...  the development of the coin is 100% centralized.  We all are subject to georgem's timeline, because our own incompetence in coding disallows us from implementing the ideas ourselves.  Georgem has made it clear he doesn't need the community in the past, content to let people come and go as they please.  We are all just along for the ride on this one, barnacles on the back of the whale so to speak.  We need the whale the whale does not need us.  Feel free to join us.  It is possible that we might swim to the moon... or sink to the inky blackness of the Mariana's Trench.  Either way, we hold onto the whale, as it remains our only hope of salvation.  Hear that georgem the hopes of dozens rest on your back!  We will not begrudge you if you fail... only if the hope you gave us was false. 

The idea is a brilliant one.  Whether implementation is possible or timely will be a different story.

legendary

*Edited out nonsense*

I expect that I need another 50 hours or so to finish everything and put all the loose ends together before we can start testing it.

This could mean best case, that I will be ready in 1 week, or worst case by the end of january.

I will keep you updated about the progress in much more detail from now on!

Stay tuned!

P.S. I will update roadmap, website, etc... tomorrow!

Well there you have it folks!  A mere 50 hours away.... as of January.... 2016.  Almost one year ago we were 50 hours away.  Service nodes are imminent.

As a relative newcomer here, this is an interesting post to me. Anyone have some sort of response worth hearing?
I honestly think SPR needs to pull away from Mr. Spread.  We could maintain SPR and Spreadcoin while unofficially calling it Widespreadcoin. This would especially be influential when getting service nodes out there.  Pasting "WideSpreadCoin" around a few of our websites wouldn't hurt. I'm very interested in contributing more to this coin, with my first area of focus being on wallet/user interaction.

All the dead links that still point to Mr. Spread's stuff will become irrelevant once we have MORE links pointing to the new stuff. (That's how google etc works)
You can call Spreadcoin whatever you like, but I want to represent the brand SPREAD.

Everything (r)evolves around SPREAD.

Smiley

Why not create a blog, explorer, price charts or something along that line and put it on your site?
Then use the official spreadcoin links there.
This will help!

I will definitely look into this option and see what I can come up with. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I honestly think SPR needs to pull away from Mr. Spread.  We could maintain SPR and Spreadcoin while unofficially calling it Widespreadcoin. This would especially be influential when getting service nodes out there.  Pasting "WideSpreadCoin" around a few of our websites wouldn't hurt. I'm very interested in contributing more to this coin, with my first area of focus being on wallet/user interaction.

All the dead links that still point to Mr. Spread's stuff will become irrelevant once we have MORE links pointing to the new stuff. (That's how google etc works)
You can call Spreadcoin whatever you like, but I want to represent the brand SPREAD.

Everything (r)evolves around SPREAD.

Smiley

Why not create a blog, explorer, price charts or something along that line and put it on your site?
Then use the official spreadcoin links there.
This will help!
Hey guys I just bought widespreadcoin.com
It is currently pointing at the same IP as spreadcoin.info if someone wants to set it up.

nice wordplay, I like it!  Smiley

I honestly think SPR needs to pull away from Mr. Spread.  We could maintain SPR and Spreadcoin while unofficially calling it Widespreadcoin. This would especially be influential when getting service nodes out there.  Pasting "WideSpreadCoin" around a few of our websites wouldn't hurt. I'm very interested in contributing more to this coin, with my first area of focus being on wallet/user interaction.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Hey guys I just bought widespreadcoin.com
It is currently pointing at the same IP as spreadcoin.info if someone wants to set it up.

nice wordplay, I like it!  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: