Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 166. (Read 810086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
Bounty: 400 SPR

For shits and giggles, if someone good at math would like to do an analysis to find the most efficient determination of how many Darkcoin would have to be sold and how many Spreadcoin would have to be bought (with the total BTC that would have to be spent for them) for SPR to pass Darkcoin in price, in a manner that at least makes sense as I understand there are many variables, I'll pay you 400 SPR.

For example, if there is a 1000 DRK buy wall then selling into that isn't going to be efficient.  So 0 DRK would need to be sold but XXX,XXX SPR would have to be bought.

Or the most efficient means to do it would be to sell 23,450 DRK and buy 114,500 SPR because of current and anticipated buy and sell walls.

Not easy math I understand.  It's far beyond my capabilities.

This isn't really possible to answer, as it depends on liquidity, which is largely unknown (at least the way I see it). You can't "anticipate" buy and sell walls with any sort of confidence.

On the other hand, if you're just talking about absolute price in BTC, one could simply take a look at the current order books and come up with some numbers pretty quickly, noting of course that the result would be a temporary equilibrium in price. A few seconds/minutes later the market would have shrugged off your buys/sells to some extent.

Want to ensure SPR's price attains and stays above DRK's? (~0.00785) Put in an order for every SPR in existence at 0.00786; ~1,760,000 * 0.00786 = 13,833.6 BTC. Note of course in reality it will take much, much less than that at least for the near future (until significantly more are mined). I'd estimate 1/10th to 1/5th of that amount, but that's not really grounded in anything. With the buy walls existing in DRK at the moment, selling is probably not going to be very productive to this hypothetical.

Edit: Bittrex's current order book says it'd require 148.9120 BTC to achieve > 0.007 (order book gets really thin up there). Selling DRK is less efficient than clearing out the last few rows in the SPR order book. Note of course that buying this way wouldn't last more than a few seconds at most.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
...snip...
Tell me more!
I would like to understand your point of view, as to how SpreadCoin will not last long! (I'm really interested in an analysis )  Smiley

Hodl on. I didn't say any such thing.

I just gave my view on price and liquidity at this point in time. For all I know, solo mining might prove to be the only solution to 51% centralization.

But my view on that is for another day.

I'm sorry if not I communicated well.
I just would like to see an elaborate analysis of the future SpreadCoin.  Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
but seriously, this project at this stage is overpriced. it really should be closer to 0.0001000
i wonder how did you get this number? why not 0.00001/2/3 or just 1 sat? overpriced compared to what?

all jokes aside. the point is THERE ARE NO OVERPRICED/UNDERPRICED COINS. this is free market and it determines the price. if someone is willing to pay 0.01$/$1/$100/$1000 for a SPR that's the price. that's it. easy?

Well there is a flaw in that point of view; a view I would ordinarily agree with.

You see, the point of SPR is to mimic darkcoin, but with a solo mining twist. That means master nodes with people buying tons of coins to prove their readiness to serve the network and prevent bad actors from occupying too many master nodes, threatening the anonymity the network is supposed to provide.

The race to introduce master nodes into SPR is only a race to manipulate the price.

Those that hold the majority of the coins never wanted liquidity in the market.  They were counting on master nodes to create buying demand very early into the project to further compound their reluctance to provide liquidity. They want to artificially push up the price at this early stage in the project.

Darkcoin, on the other hand has less than 50% of the coin supply locked up in master nodes, and coin volume was off the charts for the best part of 9 months.

Because there is price manipulation, I think there should be a significant market discount to the market price. You also have to take into account other factors, but that  is a good enough starting point.
that's not right. i'm a very early adopter of both darkcoin (sold all my coins at the spring peak) and spreadcoin (currently holding about 50k and buying more). i really like this coin and want it to succeed. masternodes is just a part of spreadcoin features. first of all, i want mr. spread to implement properly working masternode system (not that way darkcoin's works). it's not supposed to pump the price at all.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Oblox, after bitching at SPR folks for posting in the Darkcoin thread, you continue to post over here.  And Coins101, you're just trolling.  If either of you post again, the first thing I'm going to do when SPR masternodes go live is post a dissertation length diatribe in the DRK thread about why the Spreadcoin masternode system is so superior to Darkcoin and why Spreadcoin is a superior investment.

Your choice.

I clarified what came off as bullshit. There isn't demand, evident by the volume. Perhaps I am missing something. And if SPR masternodes are superior, I welcome your dissertation for the whole world to see in the DRK thread. But since you readily stated that SPR is a superior investment to DRK, you probably should sell all your DRK if you haven't already, no? Carry on.

Thanks, I'll quote you when I post it.

Thanks honey. <3
Activity: 854

For shits and giggles, if someone good at math would like to do an analysis to find the most efficient determination of how many Darkcoin would have to be sold and how many Spreadcoin would have to be bought (with the total BTC that would have to be spent for them) for SPR to pass Darkcoin in price, in a manner that at least makes sense as I understand there are many variables, I'll pay you 400 SPR.

For example, if there is a 1000 DRK buy wall then selling into that isn't going to be efficient.  So 0 DRK would need to be sold but XXX,XXX SPR would have to be bought.

Or the most efficient means to do it would be to sell 23,450 DRK and buy 114,500 SPR because of current and anticipated buy and sell walls.

Not easy math I understand.  It's far beyond my capabilities.

That's because it can't be done with any sort of real accuracy.

Nor do I expect exacting accuracy.  It's just for shits and giggles.
legendary

For example, if there is a 1000 DRK buy wall then selling into that isn't going to be efficient.  So 0 DRK would need to be sold but XXX,XXX SPR would have to be bought.

That's because it can't be done with any sort of real accuracy.
Oblox, after bitching at SPR folks for posting in the Darkcoin thread, you continue to post over here.  And Coins101, you're just trolling.  If either of you post again, the first thing I'm going to do when SPR masternodes go live is post a dissertation length diatribe in the DRK thread about why the Spreadcoin masternode system is so superior to Darkcoin and why Spreadcoin is a superior investment.

Your choice.

I clarified what came off as bullshit. There isn't demand, evident by the volume. Perhaps I am missing something. And if SPR masternodes are superior, I welcome your dissertation for the whole world to see in the DRK thread. But since you readily stated that SPR is a superior investment to DRK, you probably should sell all your DRK if you haven't already, no? Carry on.

Thanks, I'll quote you when I post it.
legendary

Your choice.

legendary
Activity: 1105
Coins101 is definitely Spreadnodes.  I'm not sure on others, but am positive on that one.

I sincerely hope coins101 knows the difference between "your" and "you're".

You mean with the current optimized miner being used by a couple large farms the chances of a normal person being able to acquire any spreadcoin by mining is next to none.

If you are mining spreadcoin with a couple of GPU's you might as well switch them to something else.  You have a better chance of winning the lottery than mining spreadcoin.  All your doing is using electricity.  Mining spreadcoin is now controlled by a few large farms using optimized miners.  

I thought the no pool solo mining only concept was great at first.  Then I realized it was just a ploy to be able to hide what's actually going on.  Private optimized miner, private pools.  

Comparing solo mining Spreadcoin to winning the lottery is pretty funny...and off by several orders of magnitude.

legendary
Activity: 1456
...snip...
Tell me more!
I would like to understand your point of view, as to how SpreadCoin will not last long! (I'm really interested in an analysis )  Smiley

Hodl on. I didn't say any such thing.

I just gave my view on price and liquidity at this point in time. For all I know, solo mining might prove to be the only solution to 51% centralization.

But my view on that is for another day.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Im going to try make the hashtag  #SpreadCoin trend worldwide on twitter when everything is released just to make you trolls work overtime.  Follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/MrCashKing
legendary

Your choice.

he asked  Tongue

I understand you were in the middle of that response so I'll let that one go.

But now, both of you need to head back to the Darkcoin thread or the gloves come off. 

If either of you at some point decide to take a legitimate position in SPR, then you're of course welcome in the thread.

no chance.

I risked having my account suspended by standing up against Mr Spread's suspension when master nodes testing was getting going.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10282522

That means I've banked a few more posts  Wink
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
but seriously, this project at this stage is overpriced. it really should be closer to 0.0001000
i wonder how did you get this number? why not 0.00001/2/3 or just 1 sat? overpriced compared to what?

all jokes aside. the point is THERE ARE NO OVERPRICED/UNDERPRICED COINS. this is free market and it determines the price. if someone is willing to pay 0.01$/$1/$100/$1000 for a SPR that's the price. that's it. easy?

Well there is a flaw in that point of view; a view I would ordinarily agree with.

You see, the point of SPR is to mimic darkcoin, but with a solo mining twist. That means master nodes with people buying tons of coins to prove their readiness to serve the network and prevent bad actors from occupying too many master nodes, threatening the anonymity the network is supposed to provide.

The race to introduce master nodes into SPR is only a race to manipulate the price.

Those that hold the majority of the coins never wanted liquidity in the market.  They were counting on master nodes to create buying demand very early into the project to further compound their reluctance to provide liquidity. They want to artificially push up the price at this early stage in the project.

Darkcoin, on the other hand has less than 50% of the coin supply locked up in master nodes, and coin volume was off the charts for the best part of 9 months.

Because there is price manipulation, I think there should be a significant market discount to the market price. You also have to take into account other factors, but that  is a good enough starting point.

Tell me more!
I would like to understand your point of view! (I'm really interested in an analysis )  Smiley

Your choice.

he asked  Tongue

I understand you were in the middle of that response so I'll let that one go.

But now, both of you need to head back to the Darkcoin thread or the gloves come off. 

If either of you at some point decide to take a legitimate position in SPR, then you're of course welcome in the thread.
legendary

Your choice.

he asked  Tongue
legendary

Your choice.
legendary
Activity: 966

coins101's arse is like a magician's hat - it's amazing what he can pull out of it.  Grin
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Jump to: