Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 173. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.msg1090#msg1090

Mr. Spread just said that he is working on the next improved testnet version.
Because the next round will require restarting the blockchain, we might just as well stop round 1 of the testing now, no need to waste precious energy.

Next testing round will begin soon!

Thanks to everybody who participated in round 1 of testing!  Smiley

Splendid. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

Because the next round will require restarting the blockchain, we might just as well stop round 1 of the testing now, no need to waste precious energy.

Ok - just close the wallet georgem?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Anyone willing to take me up on the operation of a public spr mining pool... Please msg me Wink

Currently 100 spr up for grabs.

I will add 400 SPR to that for a total of 500 SPR - I would like to see a public pool up and running with found blocks and rewards going out to individual wallets.  This offer is good until 2-14-15.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I am seeing a dying coin supported by a group of idiots.

Only thing I see is a group of idiots hiding behind a bunch of sock puppet accounts because they are well aware how full of crap they actually are.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

Ill give 100 SPR to anyone willing to operate a puplic SPR pool.
Please send 100SPR to nonce-pool right now!!!!!!!!!
nonce-pool is public??? Where can I sign up?

Oh wait, you're a troll.
Are you really a 15 years old kid??
If you are not blind and read the the previous posts,you must have got the answer. Grin
Please ignore me 8.I dont want to talk with a kid whose IQ is still in development. Wink
legendary
I remember running my mining farm and I was constantly monitoring it. Others I have talked to was the same. I think it is far more likely that large farms are actively monitoring what they are hashing and where. If I'm playing in the sand, you certainly are as well.

No problem then, I'm sure all will be well, but personally I'm not comfortable having the blockchain that holds my money (particularly in a currency that if successful is more than most going to attract the attention of sociopaths with unlimited budgets and armies of killers) be under the control of just two people, I prefer to use an actually decentralised cryptocurrency. Smiley

So then you probably should sell your Darkcoin then, no?

Spend it, probably, yes. Cheesy   Hasn't quite come to that yet though, but things can change very quickly and a little preparedness is always wise.
Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

Oh wait, you're a troll.
Are you really a 15 years old kid??
If you are not blind and read the the previous posts,you must have got the answer. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Oh wait, you're a troll.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
I remember running my mining farm and I was constantly monitoring it. Others I have talked to was the same. I think it is far more likely that large farms are actively monitoring what they are hashing and where. If I'm playing in the sand, you certainly are as well.

No problem then, I'm sure all will be well, but personally I'm not comfortable having the blockchain that holds my money (particularly in a currency that if successful is more than most going to attract the attention of sociopaths with unlimited budgets and armies of killers) be under the control of just two people, I prefer to use an actually decentralised cryptocurrency. Smiley

So then you probably should sell your Darkcoin then, no?

legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info
There is no coercion going on and anyone is free to take a stab at making a cryptocurrency, I'm simply saying that it should offer some sort of utility to justify its existence. It's a free market based on open source technology... there is no stopping new entrants. The landscape is riddled with ideas that have failed and scams. Looks sloppy and amateurish.

No, that's just evolution.
Take a biology book and you will see the same events and actors there as you see in the cryptoworld: mutations (forks), extinctions (failures), parasites (scams), DNA (open source blockchain) etc...

There is beauty in it. Messy and chaotic beauty.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol Don't get me wrong im sure some genius can think of a way around it one day.

Love it! Nothing like an invitation for them to put their money where their mouth is!
legendary
Having hundreds (if not thousands) of anemic cryptocurrencies is doing more harm than a handful that provide utility. If anything, those "decentralized" bundles of altcoins have stripped BTC from individuals only to pocket P&D groups, scammers, and greedy devs.

Again, the only thing that has enabled new ideas to enter the market IS the decentralized nature of everything that allows everybody to input new ideas and share them.
Since people have differing ideas about which way to innovate, you will always see new instantiations pop up, instead of having everybody adapt the same way in "lockstep".

Be careful what you wish for. You will only achieve this goal (having a handful of coins) thru coercive measures. (not allowing anybody else to enter the market, after you have established yourself)

Do you really advocate for that?

There is no coercion going on and anyone is free to take a stab at making a cryptocurrency, I'm simply saying that it should offer some sort of utility to justify its existence. It's a free market based on open source technology... there is no stopping new entrants. The landscape is riddled with ideas that have failed and scams. Looks sloppy and amateurish.
legendary
...yeah and every individual miner mining through that pool is going to magically continue mining for an exploited pool. Get real.

Most miners don't give a damn and certainly aren't monitoring network stats all day long. And since they all have the same three or four failover pools, changing pools is going to accomplish jack shit anyway.

You need to take your head out of the sand.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Having hundreds (if not thousands) of anemic cryptocurrencies is doing more harm than a handful that provide utility. If anything, those "decentralized" bundles of altcoins have stripped BTC from individuals only to pocket P&D groups, scammers, and greedy devs.

Again, the only thing that has enabled new ideas to enter the market IS the decentralized nature of everything that allows everybody to input new ideas and share them.
Since people have differing ideas about which way to innovate, you will always see new instantiations pop up, instead of having everybody adapt the same way in "lockstep".

Be careful what you wish for. You will only achieve this goal (having a handful of coins) thru coercive measures. (not allowing anybody else to enter the market, after you have established yourself)

Do you really advocate for that?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Okay I'm done for today lol Let's just sum this up to their are people who believe in Spreadcoin and what it is attempting to achieve and there are some people who don't think that way lol Either way I hope that one day Crypto can just be nice and everyone get along because it's too much energy for people to argue when both sides have completely different views on the subject at hand.  Oblox maybe one day you will see the potential of SpreadCoin and join the community and LoneCrouton sorry again for the textblocks today like I said I just didn't like how everyone twisted my words around that's all Smiley Anyways have a great evening everyone and look forward to seeing what comes out next for SpreadCoin Smiley
legendary
...yeah and every individual miner mining through that pool is going to magically continue mining for an exploited pool. Get real.

Most miners don't give a damn and certainly aren't monitoring network stats all day long. And since they all have the same three or four failover pools, changing pools is going to accomplish jack shit anyway.

You need to take your head out of the sand.
legendary
I've already said my views on comparing crypto to the early stages of the internet, it doesn't need to be said again. I guess we shall see how much utility is truly placed on decentralized currencies.

The only thing I know for sure is, that from now on we will have a constant evolution of money.

We will always see hundreds if not thousands of active cryptocurrencies. ALL THE TIME.

The worst thing for cryptocurrencies would be to suddenly only have 2 or 3 of them and have the rest disappear for whatever strange reason. This would only happen thru (government) coercion (regulation that doesn't allow new coins to be created), never as a voluntary act.

Having hundreds of cryptocurrencies around the world is in itself the most beautiful form of decentralization I can think of at the moment.
So in a way, decentralization has already won, and doesn't need to justify its validity.

Spreadcoin thinks this is the most important lesson of cryptocurrencies.

But some people can't get that in their head, they just want their coin to win, or they hope their coin will be among the last standing survivors of the coin wars or something. lol

NOT GONNA HAPPEN, we will constantly see new coins appear, and old ones transform or die.

We here at spreadcoin think that decentralization is what will give us the best adaptability and flexibility so we can keep on transforming and surviving.
Because in this crazy game of evolution, surviving is the only thing that is of importance.

Jump to: