Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 175. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

The sad irony of it is there are more credit/debit card fraud annually and hacks surrounding fiat currencies than the sum of all the crypto frauds/thefts.
It is sad but that's the sad truth about Crypto right now is that it's unregulated and pretty much people can just get away with ripping other people off.  That's what turns so many people away from Crypto in the first place

It comes back to educating people that private keys are as good as cash and that trusting a third party (example, an exchange) means you really don't "own" the coins. The no-recourse in terms of chargebacks is a double-edged sword. As for other scams like ponzi's guaranteeing to double your money (cryptodouble)...those are a dead giveaway that people are going to lose coins. While they may not be regulated expansively, anyone running these sorts of games stateside should be aware of the SEC taking notice.

If spreadcoin remains to be practically 100% solo mining and adds all of darkcoin's features, spreadcoin will become my currency of choice.
I'm not going to be the only one.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Oblox just admit it's a possible threat to you. Since it plans on using Darkcoin's code and features. Thats why you are here asking questions. period  Like we all did when first discovering it.

No, it's not. It doesn't serve a purpose over using BTC. Blindly investing it because it happens to have masternodes doesn't change the fact that there is no utility in the coin over BTC. I'm asking questions hoping someone here is knowledge on something I am missing to justify throwing any money into it. Frankly, I have yet to see a reason to.

blah blah blibbity blash. Admit it.

No. Perhaps you're naive enough to justify your investment on the sole basis of masternodes, but I'm certainly not. I'm asking the questions because frankly, I would like the answers and I'm certain other outsiders would as well. What is the reason for Spreadcoin to exist? What does it offer over BTC or DRK? Fancy algos, pools/no pools, block times, etc are not answers.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Oblox just admit it's a possible threat to you. Since it plans on using Darkcoin's code and features. Thats why you are here asking questions. period  Like we all did when first discovering it.

No, it's not. It doesn't serve a purpose over using BTC. Blindly investing it because it happens to have masternodes doesn't change the fact that there is no utility in the coin over BTC. I'm asking questions hoping someone here is knowledge on something I am missing to justify throwing any money into it. Frankly, I have yet to see a reason to.

blah blah blibbity blash. Admit it.
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I'm not threatened by Spreadcoin because so far, no one here has been able to convince me of the utility it actually offers. Further, without any sort of adoption in terms of markets and merchant acceptance, it's just another coin to use to obtain more BTC as you so adequately put it.
Okay so you can't be convinced then why stay here posting things? No one here could convince you? Oh I was unaware that we were supposed to convince you to invest in SpreadCoin lol That's funny because I've always invested in what I chose to invest in not what someone "convinced" me to invest in.  I believe people call that doing your own research lol But again if you aren't interested or convinced in SpreadCoin then why are you here posting about it? If you have no interest in this coin then why would you even talk about it? And once again I stated that the majority of Cryptocurrencies are for making more Bitcoin not that the only reason to invest in SpreadCoin was to make more BTC.  But let me ask you something then do you simply just own DarkCoin and no other coins? Do you sell your DarkCoin as it goes up then buy more when it goes down? Do you make money by trading Cryptocurrencies or did you just buy a bunch of DarkCoin and have been holding them ever since? I'm just curious because you said then you were a liar because you aren't in DarkCoin for making money you are in it for the innovation and what not am I right?
legendary
Oblox just admit it's a possible threat to you. Since it plans on using Darkcoin's code and features. Thats why you are here asking questions. period  Like we all did when first discovering it.

Activity: 700
Oblox just admit it's a possible threat to you. Since it plans on using Darkcoin's code and features. Thats why you are here asking questions. period  Like we all did when first discovering it.
legendary

The sad irony of it is there are more credit/debit card fraud annually and hacks surrounding fiat currencies than the sum of all the crypto frauds/thefts.
It is sad but that's the sad truth about Crypto right now is that it's unregulated and pretty much people can just get away with ripping other people off.  That's what turns so many people away from Crypto in the first place

It comes back to educating people that private keys are as good as cash and that trusting a third party (example, an exchange) means you really don't "own" the coins. The no-recourse in terms of chargebacks is a double-edged sword. As for other scams like ponzi's guaranteeing to double your money (cryptodouble)...those are a dead giveaway that people are going to lose coins. While they may not be regulated expansively, anyone running these sorts of games stateside should be aware of the SEC taking notice.
legendary
Then I guess I am a liar because in the case of Darkcoin, I'm not interested in making more BTC (although there is an indirect benefit being that the market still prices DRK's majority of volume in Bitcoin). I actually believe Darkcoin improves Bitcoin in nearly every aspect although I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name (I'm not bothered by it personally but I can see those that would be) and complying with regulations AML/KYC rules. Digital cash is what I am investing in, nothing more, nothing less. I want a currency that is fungible without worry of government's screwing with the monetary base, all the while racing to devalue their currencies in order to stimulate economies and function around overbearing debts.

Spreadcoin, as it currently stands, is not a competitor to Bitcoin. It doesn't fulfill any niche to justify its existence other than those using it strictly to try to obtain more BTC. In the case with Dark, it fills the privacy niche that Bitcoin is solely lacking.

I think it speaks volumes for one of the most active SPR holders to say they are only in it to obtain more BTC, not that there is any true belief in the currency offering utility.

+100

Also kids don't feed the trolls, just ignore them. They will get bored and leave if you do so.
From what I'm gathering from these comments is DarkCoin holders who possibly feel threatened by SpreadCoin and the fact that it very well could be a competitor for DarkCoin. l say this because you guys keep going back to DarkCoin this and DarkCoin that.  I would also like to point out that I've always agreed that DarkCoin is a brilliant coin and that Evan Duffield is a superb developer.  I just don't understand why DarkCoin holders would be so hostile towards the SpreadCoin community? Makes no sense because both coins could flourish and be successful in my opinion.  I just don't get why Crypto has to be so childish about everything all the time. 

I'm not threatened by Spreadcoin because so far, no one here has been able to convince me of the utility it actually offers. Further, without any sort of adoption in terms of markets and merchant acceptance, it's just another coin to use to obtain more BTC as you so adequately put it.

Then I guess I am a liar because in the case of Darkcoin, I'm not interested in making more BTC (although there is an indirect benefit being that the market still prices DRK's majority of volume in Bitcoin). I actually believe Darkcoin improves Bitcoin in nearly every aspect although I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name (I'm not bothered by it personally but I can see those that would be) and complying with regulations AML/KYC rules. Digital cash is what I am investing in, nothing more, nothing less. I want a currency that is fungible without worry of government's screwing with the monetary base, all the while racing to devalue their currencies in order to stimulate economies and function around overbearing debts.

Spreadcoin, as it currently stands, is not a competitor to Bitcoin. It doesn't fulfill any niche to justify its existence other than those using it strictly to try to obtain more BTC. In the case with Dark, it fills the privacy niche that Bitcoin is solely lacking.

I think it speaks volumes for one of the most active SPR holders to say they are only in it to obtain more BTC, not that there is any true belief in the currency offering utility.

+100

Also kids don't feed the trolls, just ignore them. They will get bored and leave if you do so.
I fucking love how everyone twisted my words around about SpreadCoin lol I said that people trade Cryptocurrencies to make more BTC not that I am solely holding SpreadCoin to dump it on people. I'm holding SpreadCoin because like I seen with Darkcoin last year is potential in the coin and I missed the boat with Darkcoin so when I seen the opportunity with SpreadCoin I jumped on it! I simply stated that the "MAJORITY" of people who trade coins do it to make more money! That is a FACT!! There is a huge difference though between people who pump and dump a coin to someone like me who invests in a coin because I see the potential behind that coin.  From what I'm gathering from these comments is DarkCoin holders who possibly feel threatened by SpreadCoin and the fact that it very well could be a competitor for DarkCoin. l say this because you guys keep going back to DarkCoin this and DarkCoin that.  I would also like to point out that I've always agreed that DarkCoin is a brilliant coin and that Evan Duffield is a superb developer.  I just don't understand why DarkCoin holders would be so hostile towards the SpreadCoin community? Makes no sense because both coins could flourish and be successful in my opinion.  I just don't get why Crypto has to be so childish about everything all the time.  I stated an obvious truth about cryptocurrency trading and all of a sudden I'm some pump and dumper who is just hyping coins to make more BTC?? Like honestly when have you ever heard a trader say "I'm in this to not make money" Like get out of here with that shit!!  But thanks for trying to twist and turn my words around guys Smiley Very adult like of you Wink
legendary
I was just simply stating that for a Cryptocurrency to become a daily standard of living is still years away.

Absolutely. There is the very real possibility of a timeline similar to internet/email adoption, although it would be faster given the infrastructure (i.e. internet) is already readily accessible worldwide.
Oh for sure without a doubt the digital age just keeps advancing faster and faster because we already have other technologies to build from but like I said the problem right now with getting Cryptos worldwide accepted is too many people fear the scams and the hacks that happen and all they think to themselves is "If some hacker can rob a site of 5 million dollars worth of Bitcoins and not get caught then why would I want to own Bitcoin? It's not safe" or at least that's what the majority of people who don't know the behind the scenes workings of Bitcoin and Crypto because all they hear about is how this site got hacked and lost this much Bitcoin or this site just up and out of nowhere shutdown and kept everyone's Bitcoin.  I just think that until people feel safe using Bitcoin or any crypto currency that it will still take a while to be widely accepted Smiley But no doubt that the day will come though Smiley

I was just simply stating that for a Cryptocurrency to become a daily standard of living is still years away.

Absolutely. There is the very real possibility of a timeline similar to internet/email adoption, although it would be faster given the infrastructure (i.e. internet) is already readily accessible worldwide.
Oh for sure without a doubt the digital age just keeps advancing faster and faster because we already have other technologies to build from but like I said the problem right now with getting Cryptos worldwide accepted is too many people fear the scams and the hacks that happen and all they think to themselves is "If some hacker can rob a site of 5 million dollars worth of Bitcoins and not get caught then why would I want to own Bitcoin? It's not safe" or at least that's what the majority of people who don't know the behind the scenes workings of Bitcoin and Crypto because all they hear about is how this site got hacked and lost this much Bitcoin or this site just up and out of nowhere shutdown and kept everyone's Bitcoin.  I just think that until people feel safe using Bitcoin or any crypto currency that it will still take a while to be widely accepted Smiley But no doubt that the day will come though Smiley
legendary
And you're going to clone the masternode network, development team, existing merchant adoption how again? The only way it would work would be from the top down and on the coin itself, not just blindly copying it.

None of that is insurmountable and it's a common pattern, c.f. Dogecoin. Darkcoin is not a special case.

Cheers

Graham

lol, knock yourself out trying.
legendary
No I wasn't saying that money or value has to be in a physical form I was simply stating that trying to explain Crypto Currencies to someone is a difficult task and it also doesn't help that there is still a lot of people not willing to put their faith and trust into Bitcoin or Cryptos because of all the hacks and scams that have come from them.  I understand that we are living in a very digital age because I remember not even 12 years ago wondering what the fuck text messaging was and now people text more than they talk on the phone.  Don't get me wrong I'm in no way saying that in the future we won't be using digital currencies to pay for things I honestly think that we will but I'm simply saying that it is still a long road before the world and the masses accept digital currencies the way that they accept Fiat or Credit or Debit cards.

We don't have an argument here. I already said it can be a challenge to explain to people what cryptocurrency is but again, it's doable and will get easier as traction starts happening. It is no different than explaining what computers were when they first came out or when the internet came out. It's still early, as already stated, for day-to-day replacement of fiat currencies.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

+100

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
And you're going to clone the masternode network, development team, existing merchant adoption how again? The only way it would work would be from the top down and on the coin itself, not just blindly copying it.

None of that is insurmountable and it's a common pattern, c.f. Dogecoin. Darkcoin is not a special case.

Cheers

Graham
legendary

It's a challenging topic to discuss, but its doable. I remember trying to explain the internet to people far older than me but given enough time, they became accustomed.

You're comparing money to what is has been in the past and currently is, not necessarily the direction it could go in the future. The majority of the people when asked about email over sending letters in the mail in the early 90s thought email would never take off... now it's the number one form of communication. Bitcoin (and other crypto coins for that matter) is still young... the infrastructure is still being built out. Who's to say in five or ten years time you won't be easily able to access your Bitcoins in countless locations? Why does money have to have a physical form when we are in a digital age. This isn't the 1950's anymore.
No I wasn't saying that money or value has to be in a physical form I was simply stating that trying to explain Crypto Currencies to someone is a difficult task and it also doesn't help that there is still a lot of people not willing to put their faith and trust into Bitcoin or Cryptos because of all the hacks and scams that have come from them.  I understand that we are living in a very digital age because I remember not even 12 years ago wondering what the fuck text messaging was and now people text more than they talk on the phone.  Don't get me wrong I'm in no way saying that in the future we won't be using digital currencies to pay for things I honestly think that we will but I'm simply saying that it is still a long road before the world and the masses accept digital currencies the way that they accept Fiat or Credit or Debit cards.
I get what you are saying and the private keys thing must of been from a different coin using like stealth transactions using private keys.  Also I do believe that the bigger thing on crypto is not the privacy like you were stating with the bank statements but the fees associated with money in general.  That was what Bitcoin was created for am I right? Was so that banks couldn't be the monopolies of currencies and rape people with the fees and charges that incurred when you spent money or sent money to people.  As for the things that you have purchased with Darkcoin I wasn't saying that you couldn't buy things with them I was simply pointing out that there is a better chance as it stands right now that if any merchant is going to consider accepting a cryptocurrency as payment they are obviously going to choose Bitcoin because it is the original one.  I do agree that Darkcoin has improved Crypto in a very huge way and is definitely here for the long haul but like I was saying for a coin to be as generally accepted as Bitcoin or replace Bitcoin as a payment option it would have to be more user friendly and faster transaction times and made for the simple minded folk of this world Smiley

The purpose of Bitcoin wasn't strictly for the fees banks charge. If that were the case, even if transfers via Bitcoin globally are minuscule in fees, the volatility in the price of Bitcoin could cost you substantially more than just traditionally wire transferring the money (at least at this time). Merchants are going to be drawn to the largest known crypto (obviously) but being that Darkcoin is built off the BTC codebase, it's a simple addition for any merchant to accept DRK. Besides, the niche market for privacy just in the underground markets alone (even if it isn't the sole driver of Darkcoin) is valued at over $1.8 TRILLION USD annually.
Well duh lol the only reason I ever got into Bitcoin was to buy stuff off silkroad lol Then I learned that it was much more than that and decided to become a trader and an investor.  Also I completely agree that the underground market is huge and pulls in a lot of money there is no doubting that I was just simply stating that for a Cryptocurrency to become a daily standard of living is still years away.

So the truth comes out.  You just see this coin as a way to profit and acquire more bitcoin.  Since you've admitted that then you can stop with your shilling for spreadcoin because you've just admitted that the only purpose for this coin is to dump on someone else to get more bitcoin.  After all the shilling it's nice that you've finally come clean and admitted that this coin is nothing more than a pump and dump shitcoin.

Thanks for admitting that in public.  
Ya okay buddy I never once said that SpreadCoin is a pump and dump coin and I have never pumped a coin then dumped what I had on other people. I have bought and set sells and if people have bought into my sells that's not considered dumping.  I hold SpreadCoin because I believe that it will be worth something in the future but if I can make money off of my investment would I take it? OBVIOUSLY!! Why? Because I can't pay for my rent with BTC or SpreadCoin can I? I can't pay for the food I eat with BTC or SpreadCoin can I? I can't buy my children clothing and pay my utilities with BTC or SpreadCoin can I? NO I didn't think so!! So would I sell some of my Spreadcoin when the price goes up and take some of my profits? I guess so because the fact of the matter is we still live in a world where Fiat is how we pay for things like the necessities in life!! And all you are trying to do with your post is act like I'm some pump and dumper who rips people off which is pretty sad because I have never pumped and dumped a coin since I've began trading and I only speak the truth about what I think!  Also I never said that the only purpose of this coin is to pump and dump on someone else what I clearly said was that the majority of people that invest in Crypto at the end of the day do it to make more MONEY!! So don't try to discredit me buddy because I do believe that SpreadCoin is a solid investment and I do think that Mr. Spread is a very good developer and that's why I hold this coin.  If I was just in this for the BTC I would've cashed out when the coin started dumping and still took profits but I didn't because I know this coin has more potential than that.  So next time you are going to try and twist my words think wisely before you do so! Cheers
Jump to: