Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 178. (Read 810085 times)

G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
What I don't get is why are so many people concerned about pool mining this coin?

Um, am I lost or something?

Quote from: Title of the OP
Re: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes

I mean if it can't even do the very first thing it says it can do ... well .... Huh
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak
Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.

1+1=4 .. pool + miners = solo mining Huh
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more.

Has anyone checked this pool's source code ?
Hippie sometimes I wonder how smart you would think you sounded if you didn't have wikipedia to post definitions from? Why don't you just quit posting wikipedia links to words or phrases because everyone here I'm pretty sure knows how to use google too buddy Wink Also how is that explanation on me being an accessory to fraud working out for you? (Really sorry everyone for feeding this time but I just had too, That pig looks HUNGRY!) lol Cheers

So how many unique solo miners do you reckon SPR has to make up the current hashrate?
What I don't understand is why does any of this matter to you stonehedge? Why do you care so much if there are unique solo miners out there? I'll be honest I've been researching nonstop about miners and how to optimize them and everything to do with mining because quite frankly to be honest if I had the skill set and knowledge on how to get 50% more hashing out of my miner than someone else is getting out of the same miner because I knew how to tweak mine the proper way that's MY reward for taking the time to work out the best way to mine with my miner!

Or are you trying to imply that there is more than the 1 pool for SpreadCoin?  What I don't get is why are so many people concerned about pool mining this coin?  It has already been proven that it is not likely to have pools for the simple fact that people could steal the coins and everyone's private keys would be out in the open for every other miner to see if I'm not mistaken?  Also I hope you don't take any offence to the questions that I ask you I just want to know where you are coming from and what point you are trying to get across that's all.

And trust me I am not a miner of this coin because I don't have the proper equipment to mine this coin and have had to purchase every single SpreadCoin I own and you don't see me complaining about it Wink Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak
Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.

1+1=4 .. pool + miners = solo mining Huh
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more.

Has anyone checked this pool's source code ?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
SPR is no a solo-mining(decentralized)coin any longer

Wrong.
So you are the owner of that pool and you confirm that SpreadCoin can not be pool mined? What for is then this pool? Is it only for trusted miners?

Correct, it is extremely unlikely there will ever be any other pools, this was merely a test to that.

And another one...

Do we have a pool? Yes.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

So how many unique solo miners do you reckon SPR has to make up the current hashrate?
Activity: 271
Merit: 251

Wrong.
So you are the owner of that pool and you confirm that SpreadCoin can not be pool mined? What for is then this pool? Is it only for trusted miners?

Correct, it is extremely unlikely there will ever be any other pools, this was merely a test to that.

And another one...

Do we have a pool? Yes.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.
I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol

I have no trouble understanding why it is currently not feasible to run a public pool. 

Spreadcoin has pools though. 

You just said that private pools are in operation. 

Look, I don't want to get caught up in this because I generally just observe this thread and SPR github but Spreadcoin supporters saying that the coin is pool-less but in the next sentence explaining that there are private pools just makes you all sound a bit silly.  Either a coin has pools or it doesn't. 

Spreadcoin has pools.

As stated previously in this thread there has been one pool found for this coin and the owner of the pool even stated that it was just to see if it was possible.  The fact remains that what Mr. Spread has accomplished with this coin is a coin that is too much of a hassle to be pool mined.  That on it's own is a very good feature if you ask me.  The fact that everyone who keeps trying to BASH this coin just keeps going on and on about "It has POOLS so it's not Pool less"

1. It has since being released in June 2014 only had 1 pool set up which took until Jan. 2015 for it to even be set up if I remember correctly.

2. If this was a coin worth being pool mined there would be tons of pools for it already!

3. I understand where you are coming from saying that SpreadCoin claims to be pool less and now there is that 1 pool which makes it seems kind of contradicting to the premise of this coin but I do believe that it is meant to mean that the effort and the hassle to set up pools for this coin are such a pain that it in my opinion is a pool less coin.
Activity: 700

This coin is a joke.  The five or six main cheerleaders posting are a bunch of adolescent teenage boys.  Look at the past few pages.  It's a joke.  This coin offers nothing.  Not solo mining only, private optimized miners, majority of coins in the hands of a few pumpers that trade back and forth between themselves to make it look like there is volume.  

In the world of idiots facts = fud

Bunch of morons pumping another shitcoin with shitnodes.  No plan for any actual use.  Just a plot to hold a bunch of coins in nodes that pay them.    

It is ridiculous. Every reasonable man can see how much effort fudders put into bashing this coin.
If it is so poor, then POST YOUR OPININON ONCE, and move away.
You can rest assured, your precious opinion will be seen even in that case.

This is the way how normal human behaves. You have right to express your opininon, but no SPAM and abuse others' good will.

If you still stay here and continue, it is very clear that you do not say what you really think. Or you have so much waste time in your life, that you long to dedicate it to this "shitcoin"  Grin
You fudders are really poor.
Thank you for saying that Wink Like I love how FUDDERS actually think that people would actually think that they are being GOOD SAMARITANS and TRYING to SAVE people from losing MONEY!! Hahahaha I totally agree with you that if you have an opinion about a coin then say it once and be done with it! Or if you are going to make claims and accusations then have proof to back it up! I never when I started trading and dealing with CryptoCurrencies thought that the majority of this world is full of GREEDY IGNORANT CHILDISH ASSHOLES!! And people wonder why it's taking so long for Crypto to be an everyday way of life!! It's because of losers who cry "WOLF, WOLF" to startle the people and cause panic and make people lose money because they are new to this whole Crypto Scene and they don't know any better Smiley I say this because when I first started with trading and Altcoins and BitcoinTalk I was such a foolish trader who would make stupid buys and then dump at 50% loss on coins I had good faith in but as soon as they started showing promise of being successful the threads would swarm with person after person SCREAMING SCAM SCAM and I will admit I was foolish and fell for those tricks because I was uneducated about the tricks and the ways to determine what was fact and what was myth!  I can confidently say that now I pride myself on being a decent trader with a good sense of determining what to believe and what to just ignore and shrug off and I just hope that other people know this too!!

As for SpreadCoin being pool mined it's like Mr. Spread said and anyone who takes the time to read everything about SpreadCoin will tell you and knows that maybe their is the possibility of pools being created but the hassle and the trust you have to put into the pools or other miners makes it not even worth setting up the pools for this coin.  Don't believe me??? Then explain to me why not even one of the Big pool sites like Suprnova or Minerpools or Coinminers or any other big pools have even attempted to pool mine this coin?  From what I've seen in Crypto is if there is a coin worth pool mining those 3 are usually all over that shit!! So the fact that there isn't any pools from any of these operators can only clearly suggest that it is not even worth the time and effort to do it!  With that said I wish everyone a great day and SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and let's start directing our energy to how we can help this coin grow more and become more widely accepted by the masses Wink Cheers

Well said. Noobkidontheblock :-)

Wrong.

For example a noob comes in here and ask wheres the pool because he wants to mine this coin. We can't give them one cause there isn't one. lol So we Gotta tell them there is "no pool." you have to solo mine cut straight to the chase because there isn't a pool.

This coin is a joke.  The five or six main cheerleaders posting are a bunch of adolescent teenage boys.  Look at the past few pages.  It's a joke.  This coin offers nothing.  Not solo mining only, private optimized miners, majority of coins in the hands of a few pumpers that trade back and forth between themselves to make it look like there is volume.  

In the world of idiots facts = fud

Bunch of morons pumping another shitcoin with shitnodes.  No plan for any actual use.  Just a plot to hold a bunch of coins in nodes that pay them.    

It is ridiculous. Every reasonable man can see how much effort fudders put into bashing this coin.
If it is so poor, then POST YOUR OPININON ONCE, and move away.
You can rest assured, your precious opinion will be seen even in that case.

This is the way how normal human behaves. You have right to express your opininon, but no SPAM and abuse others' good will.

If you still stay here and continue, it is very clear that you do not say what you really think. Or you have so much waste time in your life, that you long to dedicate it to this "shitcoin"  Grin
You fudders are really poor.
Thank you for saying that Wink Like I love how FUDDERS actually think that people would actually think that they are being GOOD SAMARITANS and TRYING to SAVE people from losing MONEY!! Hahahaha I totally agree with you that if you have an opinion about a coin then say it once and be done with it! Or if you are going to make claims and accusations then have proof to back it up! I never when I started trading and dealing with CryptoCurrencies thought that the majority of this world is full of GREEDY IGNORANT CHILDISH ASSHOLES!! And people wonder why it's taking so long for Crypto to be an everyday way of life!! It's because of losers who cry "WOLF, WOLF" to startle the people and cause panic and make people lose money because they are new to this whole Crypto Scene and they don't know any better Smiley I say this because when I first started with trading and Altcoins and BitcoinTalk I was such a foolish trader who would make stupid buys and then dump at 50% loss on coins I had good faith in but as soon as they started showing promise of being successful the threads would swarm with person after person SCREAMING SCAM SCAM and I will admit I was foolish and fell for those tricks because I was uneducated about the tricks and the ways to determine what was fact and what was myth!  I can confidently say that now I pride myself on being a decent trader with a good sense of determining what to believe and what to just ignore and shrug off and I just hope that other people know this too!!

As for SpreadCoin being pool mined it's like Mr. Spread said and anyone who takes the time to read everything about SpreadCoin will tell you and knows that maybe their is the possibility of pools being created but the hassle and the trust you have to put into the pools or other miners makes it not even worth setting up the pools for this coin.  Don't believe me??? Then explain to me why not even one of the Big pool sites like Suprnova or Minerpools or Coinminers or any other big pools have even attempted to pool mine this coin?  From what I've seen in Crypto is if there is a coin worth pool mining those 3 are usually all over that shit!! So the fact that there isn't any pools from any of these operators can only clearly suggest that it is not even worth the time and effort to do it!  With that said I wish everyone a great day and SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and let's start directing our energy to how we can help this coin grow more and become more widely accepted by the masses Wink Cheers
Coin has been out since june or july 2014, Theres one test private pool and the pool operator explains multiple times what it's for.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Quick visual reminder of Spread's pool-free solo mining - this is a thing of beauty:

For contrast, here is Darkcoin:

I don't understand how you can claim Spreadcoin to be pool free!  We know there are some pools running.  And if it turns out to be beneficial, you can bet your ass there will be more to come in the future!

This has been addressed many times. You can't stop a bunch of friends who trust each other from collaborating, but by requiring that each pool member has to trust every other pool member, you can ensure that pools remain small efforts between well trusted friends. It just doesn't scale to anywhere near the level of centralised horror that plagues most PoW coins.

Spread's block structure is working exactly as intended.  Smiley

LOL

Finally, a shill admits that pools exist.

thelonecrouton is not a shill.  Ignored.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol

I have no trouble understanding why it is currently not feasible to run a public pool. 

Spreadcoin has pools though. 

You just said that private pools are in operation. 

Look, I don't want to get caught up in this because I generally just observe this thread and SPR github but Spreadcoin supporters saying that the coin is pool-less but in the next sentence explaining that there are private pools just makes you all sound a bit silly.  Either a coin has pools or it doesn't. 

Spreadcoin has pools.

legendary
Quick visual reminder of Spread's pool-free solo mining - this is a thing of beauty:

I don't understand how you can claim Spreadcoin to be pool free!  We know there are some pools running.  And if it turns out to be beneficial, you can bet your ass there will be more to come in the future!

This has been addressed many times. You can't stop a bunch of friends who trust each other from collaborating, but by requiring that each pool member has to trust every other pool member, you can ensure that pools remain small efforts between well trusted friends. It just doesn't scale to anywhere near the level of centralised horror that plagues most PoW coins.

LOL

Finally, a shill admits that pools exist.
I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol Don't get me wrong im sure some genius can think of a way around it one day.
legendary
Decentralize Everything

But its still a pool.  Stop claiming Spreadcoin to be pool free!  I like to think you have known me long enough to know that I tend not to troll or FUD but it is full on bullshit to claim that a coin that has pools (albeit currently small private ones) is pool free!
legendary

Please prove your allegation that thousands of small miners make up 80% of the network.

You should also look into finding a better image hosting service..
http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s30.postimg.org

Same url as the first scan.. different IP addy and country of origin.
http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s30.postimg.org

http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s10.postimg.org
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

legendary
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

Great news!!! Gg Spreadcoin!:)
Jump to: