Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 238. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Hey all I sent another request to Cryptsy today.  My third actually.  
If we bombard them with requests they should add us!  This community is growing and we should be taken seriously. No?

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
1- 400 freakin 66.xxx SPR blocks were minted during the first 65 minutes after launch. (How many other instamines will we find if we continue to search the block chain ?)
2- This became possible because the difficulty did not adjust as we were led to believe it would. eg. block 400's diff = 0.06xxx
3- At current market value, the 26660+ SPR/ 400 block instamine is worth approx. 18 BTC.

well, i used to get 1K SPR/week by mining with a (slow) CPU on a VPS several weeks after the launch. I even donated 15K SPR to Mr. Spread when he lost his wallet (with 80K on it). So i can't see 26K making any difference in all this. And yeah, we had it easy on those early days. We CPU mined and got thousands of coins. I miss those times...

Whether you intended to or not, you are also misrepresenting what I said about the crippled -->GPU<-- kernel.

Can you elaborate about that? I used the exact same kernels as used by most recent sgminer when i produced the second version of the miner (first version was really "crippled" because it was released in a hurry by Mr. Spread so that tsiv would release his nvidia version to the public). Wolf0 had not produced any of his optimizations for X11 yet, so at the time it was top technology. It is outdated now? perhaps it is, but that is not what i (and most people, BTW) understand by "crippled". So, please elaborate on that.

BTW, nvidia miner is not crippled in any way and uses the most current code for X11.

What do you find normal about a difficulty adjustment algo that decided to take a hike during the first 65 minutes after launch ?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that SPR has been extensively easymined by what appears to be, a select few.

So Mr. Spread "lost" 80k flash/insta/easymine (may as well call it a PREMINE), eh ? How many others were duped into donating ?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Apparently whoever runs darkcointalk.org fears Spreadcoin enough to Rickroll all our links to the site.  

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

If they had any brains they'd be here supporting the Masternode model, and making more money.  

And any future distributed storage/content distribution system will benefit from having more entrepeneurial MN ops out there from both coins. 3000 Darkcoin servers worldwide is a pretty good platform, but 6000 Darkcoin and Spreadcoin servers combined is going to be better. Might as well make use of all that bandwidth...  Wink

Indeed.  I hope the community and Mr. Spread get creative and figure out some really innovative utilization models.  Masternodes just plain open up so many possibilities. 
legendary
Activity: 966
Apparently whoever runs darkcointalk.org fears Spreadcoin enough to Rickroll all our links to the site. 

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

If they had any brains they'd be here supporting the Masternode model, and making more money. 

And any future distributed storage/content distribution system will benefit from having more entrepeneurial MN ops out there from both coins. 3000 Darkcoin servers worldwide is a pretty good platform, but 6000 Darkcoin and Spreadcoin servers combined is going to be better. Might as well make use of all that bandwidth...  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
The OP says SPR uses the compact block,doesn't that mean it use smaller block size ?

Looks like this coin has a 200kb limit.

BTW, what's with the rick roll? https://darkcointalk.org

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

That's funny.   Grin

It looks like BCT is still trolling every outgoing https:// site

But for example http://spreadcointalk.org will not get you trolled.

Go ahead, try it.  Grin

EDIT: Now that BCT is back up again, the rickrolling seems to have disappeared, lol
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.
Does it mean even in the future there are more transactions ,the spr blockchain file will be smaller than drk ?

Theoretically yes if it's not increased by then.

I believe that at the moment it doesn't makes a difference. I think it really depends on the transactions per block. There really should be no difference until you actually hit the limits of the Max_Block_Size and start having blocks with multiple transactions as far as chain size.

(information is subject to be wrong)
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
The OP says SPR uses the compact block,doesn't that mean it use smaller block size ?

[quote main.h spreadcoin]* The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 200000;                      // 200KB block hard limit
/** Obsolete: maximum size for mined blocks */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE_GEN = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE/4;         // 50KB  block soft limit
/** Default for -blockmaxsize, maximum size for mined blocks **/
static const unsigned int DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE;
[/quote]
Does it mean even in the future there are more transactions ,the spr blockchain file will be smaller than drk ?
The Buck Stops Here.

That's funny.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Can someone tell me if I can mine to one wallet in my home network ??

If yes how to get it setup ?

Thx

Yes. Please read the mining guide.

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/SpreadCoin-Wiki/wiki/Mining-Guide

Thx found what I was looking for...

I'm getting this message even if my hash rate shows mining :

No suitable long-poll found for http://

any clues ?

this means you are solo-mining, since long-poll is a feature only present on pools. Just ignore the message and keep mining.
Activity: 854

I find that SPR block size is less than 1/3 of DRK.

how do you read out the current block size of SPR or DRK?
just a rough caculation,DRK 600MB for 1 year,SPR 170MB half year,
sorry,bad math, Grin SPR should be 2/3 of drk block size.

Oh, you are talking about blockchain size?

I thought you meant coins per block found.

Still, that's what interests me, how many coins are in a SPR block at the moment?
And how many are in a DRK block?

And how can I find this out easily? (Please don't tell me I have to calculate it by using some crazy blockhalving formula)

It's weird how he phrases it but darkcoin, bitcoin, and I'm assuming spreadcoin have the same max block size.

Quote from: main.h darkcoin
/** The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 1000000;
/** Default for -blockmaxsize and -blockminsize, which control the range of sizes the mining code will create **/
static const unsigned int DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = 750000;

1MB max block size.

I think he's specifically referring to the block size being generated by the network. Which I would respond of course Darkcoin's is larger. There are simply more transactions than spreadcoin per block which in turn creates a larger block size.

Selling now reflects that part of investors' pessimistic expectation about whether MN can be released on time and successfully as deadline is approaching at the end of next week.
The Buck Stops Here.
I find that SPR block size is less than 1/3 of DRK.

how do you read out the current block size of SPR or DRK?
just a rough caculation,DRK 600MB for 1 year,SPR 170MB half year,
sorry,bad math, Grin SPR should be 2/3 of drk block size.

Oh, you are talking about blockchain size?

I thought you meant coins per block found.

Still, that's what interests me, how many coins are in a SPR block at the moment?
And how many are in a DRK block?

And how can I find this out easily? (Please don't tell me I have to calculate it by using some crazy blockhalving formula)

It's weird how he phrases it but darkcoin, bitcoin, and I'm assuming spreadcoin have the same max block size.

Quote from: main.h darkcoin
/** The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 1000000;
/** Default for -blockmaxsize and -blockminsize, which control the range of sizes the mining code will create **/
static const unsigned int DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = 750000;

1MB max block size.

I think he's specifically referring to the block size being generated by the network. Which I would respond of course Darkcoin's is larger. There are simply more transactions than spreadcoin per block which in turn creates a larger block size.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
This is abosolutely a opportunity created by market error.
False info and false logic lead to market error.

or someone is weighing in the situation and maybe thinks it's better to move all his coins into BTC?
Eitherway your argument remains valid: good oportunity for us.

I don't see much of an opportunity for anyone to get in, there's just no big sell orders.

1.5BTC to 0.00065 lol.

You are right, and 12 BTC up to 0.00072, so another 10 BTC just for a few satoshis more.
The sellers wanna tell us something.

or someone is weighing in the situation and maybe thinks it's better to move all his coins into BTC?

I don't see much of an opportunity for anyone to get in, there's just no big sell orders.

1.5BTC to 0.00065 lol.
they are just dumping onto the current buy orders ,of course no big sell orders.
legendary
Activity: 1092

1.5BTC to 0.00065 lol.

The fud (false info and false logic)in previous posts is taking effect now,some smart invetors are lurking there ~  Grin ,take a look at the the buy support at 40K sato
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Seize the opportunity when the market makes a mistake~ Wink

ok that's it, buying some more. Thanks dumpster!
yeah,the net hashrate remains stable,the current price is far below mining cost.
Jump to: