Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 292. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
It seems some Darkcoiners are upset that we're badmouthing them.  I haven't seen it in this thread, but I have pretty thick skin and sometimes miss such things.  If you have been, please stop, there's no need to and doesn't help the cause.  This of course doesn't mean you can't discuss what you feel Darkcoin is doing wrong or SPR can do better/different.

Examples:

"Darkcoin is a shitcoin" - Bad
"Darkcoiners are idiots" - Bad
"Due to reference nodes, Darkcoin is centralized.  Spreadcoin can improve upon that."  - Good
"MyFarm is one sexy bitch" - Good
legendary
Activity: 1092
Thinking on more.

The higher the marketcap of spreadcoin you would think the higher barrier to entry into spreadnodes.

Say SPR marketcap is $1,000,000,000 - 10,000,000 SPR supply - 1 SPR = $100

The demand for tiny transactions like 0.005($0.50) will be huge. We will need masternodes that have like 0.01spr in them to mix only 0.001 denominations.

We will also need MN's that have hundreds of SPR for larger transactions.

But the masternode network will have to select a node which can handle the transaction size and pay accordingly.

Say you(as a MN operator) only want to denominate 0.001 transactions, you only receive a tiny mining fee because of the small transaction, but the masternode only costs you 0.1SPR($10).

If you store more coins in a wallet and a big fat whale wants to denominate/send a large amount of coins he pays the large node relative to the transaction size (Much more than the 0.001 transaction MN would get paid).

So i can see it being very easy for new people to enter the market for as little as $10 if the market cap was $1 bil.
Depending how many decimal places a masternode can denominate down to, it could theoretically cost penny's to operate a MN!

This will create a huge market place of price discovery as people try to figure out the maximum amount of coins to leave in a wallet! For example, i leave 5spr in a MN but only denominate/process 0.001 transactions. If the MN is profitable enough to justify having 6spr in their, then someone will do it and boot me off. Taking coins out of the system, making my coins more valuable, by the way. But if it become's unprofitable for me to hold 6 coins in one MN to only denominate 0.001 transactions i will withdraw 1-2spr to become more profitable elsewhere, but by me doing this i reduce the barrier to entry.

Does that make sense to anybody? Because i know how bad i am at dicribing something  Lips sealed
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Running both DRK MN and SPR MN on the same VPS is really exiting.
Profit doubles with the same renting VPS cost.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
So any idea about how much coins per MN? Just a guesstimate.

This is the thing... No one knows....

ooooOOOOOooooo

Only satoshi knows.... aaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!
legendary

This is the thing... No one knows....

ooooOOOOOooooo

Edit: The question is, what's the maximum amount of MN's allowed?
legendary
Activity: 1400
legendary
And now let's make a more difficult example:

An early adopter whale is a little wiser and has 1 Million SPR in his control. (which already the distribution shows is impossible, but let's just continue.)

So what he does is, he creates 1000 MNs with 1000 SPR each. He's a darkcoiner gone Spreadcoin obviously.

Now if I am a newcomer, what can I do to enter the game?

Well, obviously I just have to invest 1001 or more SPR to take over one of the whales seats.

All other newcomers can do the same: they just have to invest just 1 SPR more than ANY SEAT they desire to overtake, and they can reduce any lower ranks by one!
Always kicking the last one out of the game, and reducing everyone below them 1 rank.

----

Probably the best way how you can setup your mutiple nodes will be to SPREAD them over multiple ranks.

Have one of them be very expensive, e.g. 5000 SPR, the next one 4500 SPR, then 4000 SPR, 3500 SPR, etc...
But still, all this will just server for you to have a little bit more security against losing your seat.
But you will NEVER be able to restrict newcomers from entering the market, and this is brilliant.

It is f*&%#@g brilliant!

Or we are bat shit crazy? Only the implementation and time will tell  Tongue

You're nuts. Grin

With rising prices and dwindling supply that 1 extra SPR is going to cost you ever more dearly. Dynamic pricing is going to restrict newcomers entering the market, that's all it's going to achieve - the opposite of your stated goal of decentralisation.

Regular folk will take one look at how Spread's dynamic MN pricing favours the rich and walk away laughing. After all the hard work done so far to get the only truly decentralised PoW currency up and running you want to throw it away by handing half the block reward to the whales on a plate.

Guess what, you can cut a pretty good deal with a provider if you want to rent 100 VPS instances...

It's a vicious feedback loop for the small guy and the small guy is going to take his money elsewhere.

Still waiting for an answer to, "what advantages does this bring?" that doesn't involve nebulous blather about free markets... Cheesy

Introducing another mechanism for the rich to profit at the expense of the poor is not a cunning plan for Spread. But if I haven't convinced anyone yet I'm never going to...

Man, like i said earlier Darkcoin with a $9billion market cap would make a masternode cost $300,000! That's a gerantee. This is the barrier to entry to end all barriers to entry!

You cannot guarantee what a masternode would cost if spreadcoin had the same market cap. You have no idea, only speculations. But i can 100% say that if darkcoin had a $9bil cap, a masternode would cost $300,000.

And again, it all comes down to what the max MN amount is. I'd have problems if it was set to 1000 for example. I would be more in your camp, but at 3-4000 MN's i don't see a group of individuals controlling enough coin supply to corner the market, its impossible.(Unless the government came in with $10billion and just made everyone here(including MrSpread) a millionaire).  Cheesy

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Coin supply and max number of masternodes are unrelated.

Shouldn't they relate atleast in some way?

For example, if we know that we will never have more than 20 Million coins, and we also assume that say no more than 50% will ever be locked in Masternodes... shouldn't those resulting 10 Million coins locked in masternodes serve as a guideline of how many MN we should maximum allow?

10 Million coins / 1000 MN = 10k SPR per MN (to reach a state of untouchability)

10 Million coins / 10k MN = 1000 SPR per MN (to reach a state of untouchability).

When I say untouchability I mean the amount of SPR your MN has to have so that NO OTHER MN can possibly take its seat away.

I am not sure if you read the last dozen posts I spouted out earlier, lol. I explain everything there.
I see your point. What I meant is that total cap is just an arbitrary number, for some coins it is billions for some just a few millions and it depends on unit of measurement.
If there are 1000 MN then you need 0.1% of total supply to reach state of untouchability regardless of the total supply.
If there are 10000 MN then you need 0.01% of total supply to reach state of untouchability regardless of the total supply.

Ofcourse we agree.

Earlier you said something about too many MNs creating too much bloat in the network.
At which point does this become a problem?
Does this also depend on "how active" those MNs are?

Hey, you already reduced the transaction size by creating COMPACT TRANSACTIONS (I read your whitepaper).... you will probably not stop there, right?  Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

For example, if we know that we will never have more than 20 Million coins, and we also assume that say no more than 50% will ever be locked in Masternodes... shouldn't those resulting 10 Million coins locked in masternodes serve as a guideline of how many MN we should maximum allow?

10 Million coins / 1000 MN = 10k SPR per MN (to reach a state of untouchability)

10 Million coins / 10k MN = 1000 SPR per MN (to reach a state of untouchability).

When I say untouchability I mean the amount of SPR your MN has to have so that NO OTHER MN can possibly take its seat away.

I am not sure if you read the last dozen posts I spouted out earlier, lol. I explain everything there.
I see your point. What I meant is that total cap is just an arbitrary number, for some coins it is billions for some just a few millions and it depends on unit of measurement.
If there are 1000 MN then you need 0.1% of total supply to reach state of untouchability regardless of the total supply.
If there are 10000 MN then you need 0.01% of total supply to reach state of untouchability regardless of the total supply.
I'm curious how many Darkcoin masternode owners have realized that they will be able to run a Spreadcoin masternode on the same VPS instance and increase their monthly ROI because of it.  The smart ones are starting to stock up on SPR now at cheap prices.  It makes little sense not to run both.

With that said, you SPR investors that haven't bought 1000 DRK?  It's not a bad idea at these prices IMO.

Bingo! That's a big reason why I built a position in SPR a couple weeks back - I'm sure others will realize sooner than later ;-)
That explains the buying spree yesterday  Grin
Activity: 194
I'm curious how many Darkcoin masternode owners have realized that they will be able to run a Spreadcoin masternode on the same VPS instance and increase their monthly ROI because of it.  The smart ones are starting to stock up on SPR now at cheap prices.  It makes little sense not to run both.

With that said, you SPR investors that haven't bought 1000 DRK?  It's not a bad idea at these prices IMO.

Bingo! That's a big reason why I built a position in SPR a couple weeks back - I'm sure others will realize sooner than later ;-)
I'm curious how many Darkcoin masternode owners have realized that they will be able to run a Spreadcoin masternode on the same VPS instance and increase their monthly ROI because of it.  The smart ones are starting to stock up on SPR now at cheap prices.  It makes little sense not to run both.

With that said, you SPR investors that haven't bought 1000 DRK?  It's not a bad idea at these prices IMO.

Very good point! I haven't even thought about that yet.
And you say an average server usually has enough capacity to run two instances side by side? (Assuming both darkcoin and spreadcoin reach similar traffic)

I think yes!
the $5 VPS on vultr.com is enough for you to run 2 instances.
 Grin
You can buy one on https://www.bitcoincloud.eu/ for less than 0.03 btc. You don't need to tell them any personal info at all, just your email address.
thx,I'll try it with drk mn
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I'm curious how many Darkcoin masternode owners have realized that they will be able to run a Spreadcoin masternode on the same VPS instance and increase their monthly ROI because of it.  The smart ones are starting to stock up on SPR now at cheap prices.  It makes little sense not to run both.

With that said, you SPR investors that haven't bought 1000 DRK?  It's not a bad idea at these prices IMO.

And you say an average server usually has enough capacity to run two instances side by side? (Assuming both darkcoin and spreadcoin reach similar traffic)

I think yes!
 Grin
You can buy one on https://www.bitcoincloud.eu/ for less than 0.03 btc. You don't need to tell them any personal info at all, just your email address.

Just don't click "reset root password" because I clicked it and it didn't tell me what it got reset to. So now I need to contact support. :/

I think yes!
 Grin
legendary
spreadcoin.info

I think yes!
Mr. Spread, have you thought about percentage of block reward that will go to masternode owners and percentage that will go to miners?

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
If I knew how to, I could have just 51% attacked the network.
I suggest you the following workflow:
1. Stop your wallet if it is running.
2. Save current blockchain state by copying Motocoin data directory.
3. Start wallet and send all your motocoins to C-CEX.
4. Wait for the necessary number of confirmations (or mine them by yourself).
5. On C-CEX exchange all your motocoins to bitcoins and withdraw these bitcoins.
6. Stop your wallet and disconnect from internet.
7. Start wallet using the old blockchain state that you saved in step 2.
8. Send all your motocoins to yourself.
9. Mine as many blocks as necessary to overwhelm the original blockchain.
10. Restore your internet connection.
11. ? ? ?
12. PROFIT!!!

If C-CEX software is smart enough it will stop to accept motocoins after this. If not then you can repeat it as many times as necessary to buy all orders on C-CEX.
If only I knew who Mr. Spread was when he said this to me... I might have 50k spr. Smiley
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Activity: 210
What georgem says is true, there will be not enough spreadcoins.

Do you afraid that someone will start tens of thousands of DarkCon masternodes to just outnumber everyone else and receive 90% of rewards? This is simply not possible because there are not enough darkcoins.
Mr. Spread, have you decided on the masternode limit yet?
Not yet.

What georgem says is true, there will be not enough spreadcoins.

Do you afraid that someone will start tens of thousands of DarkCon masternodes to just outnumber everyone else and receive 90% of rewards? This is simply not possible because there are not enough darkcoins.
Mr. Spread, have you decided on the masternode limit yet?

When deciding the max amount of MN we need to take into consideration the max amount of coins that will ever be mined: 20 million coins.

Mr.Spread how accurate is the final coinsupply?
Jump to: