Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 290. (Read 810083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I bought 3000 DRK at price 0.008 !
What am i do ? sell them or hold them ? someone please give a prediction of the future of this Coin .

i would not advise dumping your Darkcoins on Spreadcoin yet. It is gonna spike the price up very fast. We need to make this coin cheap and available to as many people as we can before masternodes and InstantX is implemented. If you wanna buy just try out-of-exchange solution-a trusted dealer. Mr. Spread himself perhaps would agree to help as a trusted side with large amount of purchase.

Yes but I think it is bestjust buying on Bittrex (if you interested in Spread to get those coins) while MN etc. are not implemeted yet. Bagholders are keeping their stash, why sell for less than on the exchange?

Yep, i only see substantial sell liquidity once the price has moved up 20-30%.

Hashrate is at 4.44GH/s!

Everyone's just waiting for MN implementation, and love or hate MrSpreads plans it's going to be fun to watch. Big holders are prob thinking the same.

GL getting those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1105
It seems some Darkcoiners are upset that we're badmouthing them.  I haven't seen it in this thread, but I have pretty thick skin and sometimes miss such things.  If you have been, please stop, there's no need to and doesn't help the cause.  This of course doesn't mean you can't discuss what you feel Darkcoin is doing wrong or SPR can do better/different.

Examples:

"Darkcoin is a shitcoin" - Bad
"Darkcoiners are idiots" - Bad
"Due to reference nodes, Darkcoin is centralized.  Spreadcoin can improve upon that."  - Good
"MyFarm is one sexy bitch" - Good

I haven't seen this personally.

Me neither, I just checked the last few pages, and the only "out of line" I saw (although I find it harmless) came from:

You're nuts. Grin

Now you guys are being daft. This is silly.

Grin

I think we are "flying over the target" as they say...

Haha, I love you too. <3

My whole point was I don't see this as as much of a "holy grail" as you do. Smiley
But by all means, let's give it a try and see what happens!
legendary
What am i do ? sell them or hold them ? someone please give a prediction of the future of this Coin .

i would not advise dumping your Darkcoins on Spreadcoin yet. It is gonna spike the price up very fast. We need to make this coin cheap and available to as many people as we can before masternodes and InstantX is implemented. If you wanna buy just try out-of-exchange solution-a trusted dealer. Mr. Spread himself perhaps would agree to help as a trusted side with large amount of purchase.

Yes but I think it is bestjust buying on Bittrex (if you interested in Spread to get those coins) while MN etc. are not implemeted yet. Bagholders are keeping their stash, why sell for less than on the exchange?
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

i would not advise dumping your Darkcoins on Spreadcoin yet. It is gonna spike the price up very fast. We need to make this coin cheap and available to as many people as we can before masternodes and InstantX is implemented. If you wanna buy just try out-of-exchange solution-a trusted dealer. Mr. Spread himself perhaps would agree to help as a trusted side with large amount of purchase. But if you are looking for a quick profit then I think there is a very high possibility that we will see the Spreadcoin price to double when masternodes are implemented.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Meow

Easy - set up 3 masternodes  Smiley.

As far as SPR, I think it has a uniquely smart dev, which is essential; and it will have a masternode system, which will be great for price stability. No one can really predict the price of course.
legendary
I have an idea for a meme! A stock floor covered in mini SPR spermmen all screaming to buy their "share" in the MN list.

Brilliant. I thought about SPR spermmen and have a few related memes in preparation. I promise you will laugh your ass off.
I will use those spermmen (half a SPR logo, 1 logo = 2 sperm men) to show how they spread around, how they solo mine (and show how "perverted" it is when bitcoin pool mines), how they become masternodes, etc...
This is going to be so much fun.

Awesome! I can't wait! I will spread some love once you've posted

Currently and for the next few days I am working on darkcoin related cartoons for the upcoming 1 year anniversary of darkcoin.
When this is finished, I will concentrate more on spreadcoin cartoons for a while. ;-)

Well guys, I like your enthusiasm and imput in SpreadCoin.
But... In my opinion this is a bad idea. It doesn't do the logo and Spreadcoin in general justice.
It is not the image that we must create for SpreadCoin.

Meme: good
Sperm men: bad

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

I didn't come up with spreamman, someone else did.

I really don't care what you think about what i say, i don't even think the logo looks like sperm lol I just saw a comment on here that said something along the lines of "spremman".

And due to the recent event's in France, i will continue to use the phrase "SPREAMMAN! AWAYYYYYYY"
legendary

SPR is up around 200% in about two weeks. But market cap is only around 200k, and good things coming.

Up to you mate.

Yep I also think Spread is going to double up a couple of times but hey who knows... Cool
legendary

For what its worth: Always go with your gut feeling.
legendary

SPR is up around 200% in about two weeks. But market cap is only around 200k, and good things coming.

Up to you mate.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
thank you  Smiley
And how would i send my hash to the same wallet from my 2nd computer through the internet ?

Here is how:
Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.
Of course you need to generate address and get privkey on one computer and edit spreadcoin.conf on the other.

What is the difference between mining in one wallet with privatekey with several computers and mining with a more wallets especially?
the wallet uses electricity = $

This part confuses me - I need to open my wallet on the second computer in order to solo mine.  If I don't open the wallet I get json errors.  Does the wallet have to be open on both rigs in order to solo mine?  And at this point aren't I still burning electricity?

You only need one wallet running. On the computer running the wallet you point your miner to 127.0.0.1 and on the other computer you point it to the computer that's running the wallet.

Computer 1, with wallet: miner.exe -o 127.0.0.1:41677
Computer 2: miner.exe -o ip.of.wallet.computer:41677

Don't put gen=1 into the conf, that makes the wallet run the internal CPU miner and that's a waste of electricity at these network hash rates. Something like this would do the trick, add the miningprivkey parameter if you want, personally I don't use it.

Code:
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=yourrpcusername
rpcpassword=yourrpcpassword

The first rpcallowip allows RPC connections from the same computer that is running the wallet. The second rpcallowip is needed to allow connections from the other computer, change the IP to whatever your local network is.

Or you can run the wallet on both computer, as long as you don't use gen=1 it doesn't really hurt but you'll have to deal with having two separate wallets and moving coins from them separately.

Ok - so just to confirm - I do not need my wallet running on the second machine to get it to mine?  I will try this setup and see if it works - thank you.

Edit - ok I tried it without the wallet on the second machine running and it gets the json error when I open the miner.  I must be missing something?

If you are on Windows. Go to the computer with wallet and open the command window and type ipconfig then look for your IPv4 Address. Make sure you use that ip address in your bat on the non wallet computer.

Example. If wallet computer ipv4 address is 192.192.1.921 your bat should look something like this:  spreadminer -o http://192.192.1.921:41667 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

I also use rpcport=41667 in my config file. If you change anything in your confige file you must restart the wallet.

NOTE: I am a rookie compared to tsiv but this is how I solo mine from multiple computers to the main with the wallet. I have other steps that I must do but they are not the most secure way that I have read about how I do it but it works fine for me. Been mining at time a total of 3 computers into the one with the wallet.
Still my 3rd computer on a separate hub, will not connect to the wallet. The other 2 computers will with the bat file as stated above. My 3rd computer has to be setup to send the hash to the wallet like I would be sending it to someone elses wallet and I don't know how to do that.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Hello,

An update to the miners which struggle with 14.9 drivers.

Using 14.6 mod1 drivers (support for 6 GPU on Win) and bins created on 14.9 u are perfectly safe to run. Here are the bins and config:

sapphire 270
-I 18 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2
270-spreadcoinPitcairnglg2tc8192w128l4

toxic 280X
-I 19 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2
280X-spreadcoinTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4

Cheers,
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Er, there's an egg involved too ....

SShhhhh! Don't spoil the whole story yet Wink
Wait, Mr. Spread is going to create another cryptocurrency called eggcoin? And spreadcoin comes together with eggcoin... I should stop now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Er, there's an egg involved too ....

SShhhhh! Don't spoil the whole story yet Wink
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
You know that everyone of us started as a sperm once?

Er, there's an egg involved too but I dare say details of the distaff side remain a bit of a mystery to the basement-dwellers around here.

Could I persuade you move well away from the juvenile humour? It's sounded the death-knell for too many altcoins to count -- e.g.

Fuckcoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8821472

To be perfectly honest, we underestimated the reservations against the fuck word. Most of the major exchanges are US based and we thought people were more open in 2014. We had it all, the initial lol moment, people were digging fuckcoin, but no exchange, no matter how hard we tried, was willing  to add fuckcoin with the FUCK symbol. We even heard of refunded BTC "exchange votes" from the community. This is why there was no update on the fuckcoin wallet.

You couldn't make it up. Fuckwit creates Fuckcoin: all-time fuck-up, fuck all interest, fucked-over investors, fuckin' A, man.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry about cartoons or satire Wink

Right on! I appreciate it!

@litcoincollector: please show us more of your spreadman character, I've seen you post a few interesting comic characters in this thread...
As I said, I am in favour of competition. It is the lifeblood of the free market, fellow artist!

It is what defines probably not only this coin but also this community.  Smiley (darkcoin community visavis spreadcoin community)

Totally agree man, also like your stuff, so yeah maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Lets see some stuff first.
Carry on!  Cool (Please keep it funny and refined  Smiley)
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry about cartoons or satire Wink

Right on! I appreciate it!

@litcoincollector: please show us more of your spreadman character, I've seen you post a few interesting comic characters in this thread...
As I said, I am in favour of competition. It is the lifeblood of the free market, fellow artist!

It is what defines probably not only this coin but also this community.  Smiley (darkcoin community visavis spreadcoin community)
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Well, you can never please everybody. And especially the competition will always be pissed.  Grin
That's what I truly like about this coin, wherever I look I see competition but also encouragement.

This is going to be awesome!
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I am not complaining, I just don't like the idea and even more I think it can damage the Spreadcoin identity.
I am expressing my concersn and want to know how other community members feel about this.

You know that everyone of us started as a sperm once? That's how we spread as a species.  Huh
We don't have to use this word if it troubles you, I was never going to use that word anyway.... but wait to see a few experiments I am about to do. And then judge!
It's experimental and inofficial. No worries man, no worries.

Well again it's not about me, I am worried for Spreads sake, just ventilating my opinion. There is no good or bad.
If the Spread Community approves than go for it!

Personally, I would like to see georgem's cartoons. There is nothing to worry. If we worry so much about 'sperm' word to be associated with SpreadCoin then we would be showing our weaknesses to our competitors. They will know where to hit the next time. Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry or be afraid of about cartoons or satire Wink
Jump to: