Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 321. (Read 810081 times)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
WOW! That is amazing. How long did it take you to write that?

Luckily for me most of the heavy lifting was done by https://github.com/GreenRaccoon23/sgminer-install-scripts -- I just forked it and made it better. Spent probably 6 hours writing and testing the thing before realizing that XUbuntu 14.10 is a no-go, and that updating to the latest catalyst to support it gives worse hash rate. After that it was smooth sailing. Learned some cool stuff about building Catalyst drivers from the command line in the process ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Who likes my signature?

_

_

_
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hello All,

I'm happy to report that an automated script is now available for Linux users to get started with!

This package can take a bare installation of XUbuntu/Ubuntu and prep it for Spreadcoin mining. It can also be used to upgrade an existing rig for Spreadcoin mining. It is split into 5 different scripts that are triggered individually by the end-user followed by system restarts. It contains checks along the way to see whether or not an operation needs to happen (specifically, it checks if Catalyst drivers are already installed in step 2).

• sgminer1.in - installs common dependencies and other updates
  • sgminer2.in - installs Catalyst driver (14.9)
  • sgminer3.in - installs AMD APP SDK 2.9
  • sgminer4.in - compiles SGMiner (spreadcoindx11-sgminer)
  • sgminer5.in - creates batch file for mining

The daemon is quite easy to configure - just copy & paste the following into a terminal window:

Code:
mkdir ~/spreadcoin64
cd ~/spreadcoin64
wget http://spreadcoin.net/files/spreadcoin64.tar.xz
tar -xvf spreadcoin64.tar.xz
mkdir ~/.spreadcoin
cat >  ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf << EOF
server=1
rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
EOF
cd /usr/bin
sudo ln -s ~/spreadcoin64/spreadcoind .
cd ~/
spreadcoind

Be sure to read the whole Readme at https://github.com/snogcel/sgminer-install-scripts. I recommend installing the daemon between steps 4 and 5, then grabbing a sandwich / beer and hanging out for 15 minutes before proceeding so that the blockchain can sync ;-)

Tips accepted! ShAbDdueCdVuG3huNG9U2m7XFUqY4Hz9sS
WOW! That is amazing. How long did it take you to write that?
Hello All,

I'm happy to report that an automated script is now available for Linux users to get started with!

This package can take a bare installation of XUbuntu/Ubuntu and prep it for Spreadcoin mining. It can also be used to upgrade an existing rig for Spreadcoin mining. It is split into 5 different scripts that are triggered individually by the end-user followed by system restarts. It contains checks along the way to see whether or not an operation needs to happen (specifically, it checks if Catalyst drivers are already installed in step 2).

• sgminer1.in - installs common dependencies and other updates
  • sgminer2.in - installs Catalyst driver (14.9)
  • sgminer3.in - installs AMD APP SDK 2.9
  • sgminer4.in - compiles SGMiner (spreadcoindx11-sgminer)
  • sgminer5.in - creates batch file for mining

The daemon is quite easy to configure - just copy & paste the following into a terminal window:

Code:
mkdir ~/spreadcoin64
cd ~/spreadcoin64
wget http://spreadcoin.net/files/spreadcoin64.tar.xz
tar -xvf spreadcoin64.tar.xz
mkdir ~/.spreadcoin
cat >  ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf << EOF
server=1
rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
EOF
cd /usr/bin
sudo ln -s ~/spreadcoin64/spreadcoind .
cd ~/
spreadcoind

Be sure to read the whole Readme at https://github.com/snogcel/sgminer-install-scripts. I recommend installing the daemon between steps 4 and 5, then grabbing a sandwich / beer and hanging out for 15 minutes before proceeding so that the blockchain can sync ;-)

Tips accepted! ShAbDdueCdVuG3huNG9U2m7XFUqY4Hz9sS
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the thoughtful response JL.

As Spreadcoin can't be raped by multipools who constantly dump into the coin, there is no constant downward selling pressure.  This is good if you own the coin but frustrating if you want to try and acquire more without running the price up.  As I've posted before, once we hit a certain tipping point, I suspect the price rise will be rather meteoric as people trip over themselves trying to acquire this coin.  If Mr. Spread is indeed able to provide IMPROVED masternodes, watch out...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Been mining Spreadcoin now at a steady 950 kh/s for 26 hours and have found two blocks!

Or in other words: 12.6 SPR mined, which at last Bittrex price (0.000242 BTC per SPR) equates to 0.003 BTC, which equates to $0.85 earned or so which at my current electricity rate means I'm nearly mining at break-even for the first time since May 2014 when gpu asic's came out and screwed me and my 7950 over.

I know there are many others out there who shutdown their gpu's when it became such a money-losing venture and I'm sure they will re-start them like I did yesterday once they realize that SPR's price is actually positively correlated with difficulty, like Bitcoin used to be years ago.
The fact that pools/rentable mega-rigs are not able to rape SPR makes me actually hold the thesis that the prevalence of ASIC's and mining pools, which rentable super-rigs control, has been a primary cause of the crypto bear market over the past year.

Take out the ASIC's and take out the coin-raping pools and you get what crypto once was....something pure and intended for the good of all.

It's my belief that SPR is likely to be one of the very very few crypto's in the coming months with a consistently trending up price as it gradually gains more and more attention and respect of the crypto community.
Keep up the good work, Mr. Spread!

JL

Edit: This 90-day SPR chart: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#charts is a thing of beauty.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.
Been a good accumulation day moon or ocean floor.
Activity: 129
I believe I have found what could be a very serious problem with solo mining SPR and master nodes.

Best of luck when you get to that point.
No pool feature does not work well with master nodes?  Huh
or are you just fudding here and trying to buy cheap spr?  Huh

He's just fudding.  Ignore him.

I'll provide 1000 SPR to anyone who finds a vulnerability though.  I think we should have a bug bounty.
Cool!! strong respond to fuddlers +1  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 854
I believe I have found what could be a very serious problem with solo mining SPR and master nodes.

He's just fudding.  Ignore him.

I'll provide 1000 SPR to anyone who finds a vulnerability though.  I think we should have a bug bounty.

legendary
Activity: 1456

Activity: 140
seems like we will get cheap spr soon Wink

I think the fall in BTC is scaring some know.
Price fluctuation is quite normal in the market.
The btc bubble bursted and the price is back to its normal level.

I really believe in bitcoin as technology but the price was way overvalued. Only question from my point of view now is how low it will go. (No shit sherlock Wink ) Spreadcoin solves the centralization from pools but it also adds the issue that an individual miner needs to buy lots of gpus to make it feasible... hm. This will be interesting to follow. Personally I am in with 10 gpus mining 24/7 not caring if i mine at a loss, and reading these posts in this thread i am not the only one. That is a really good sign!
BTC price is dropping rapidly,panic is spreading across the crypto market.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

I really believe in bitcoin as technology but the price was way overvalued. Only question from my point of view now is how low it will go. (No shit sherlock Wink ) Spreadcoin solves the centralization from pools but it also adds the issue that an individual miner needs to buy lots of gpus to make it feasible... hm. This will be interesting to follow. Personally I am in with 10 gpus mining 24/7 not caring if i mine at a loss, and reading these posts in this thread i am not the only one. That is a really good sign!

legendary
Activity: 1400

better to get them by the time MNs are released. Grin
Miners dont have strong will to dump at the price of 25k- satoshi -- that's the mining cost now.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org