Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 325. (Read 810081 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I just saw this, but i gotta go to bed.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

0.5BTC for 1000 votes, worth raising that in here to get added to coinwarz.

EDIT: I have put an address in my sig to fund the coinwarz vote.

If we raise 0.5btc worth of spread i will add around 0.05 myself, if 0.75 i will add 0.12.

0.55btc, would take us to 1100 votes, 0.87 would be 1750 votes, putting us at a hefty lead.

I don't see SpreadCoin in the voting list

Yes,I'm working on it.

I have sent an official request for spr to be added.

I will notify everyone on here when spr is added.

good man.
It's really nice to see the SpreadCoin community working together to get the word out about this coin and let the world know that 2015 belongs to the SpreadSociety Smiley I've still been working on promotions for the coin and anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smiley
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

If we raise 0.5btc worth of spread i will add around 0.05 myself, if 0.75 i will add 0.12.

0.55btc, would take us to 1100 votes, 0.87 would be 1750 votes, putting us at a hefty lead.

Yes,I'm working on it.

good man.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Happy Newyear!
Lets get Spread in the #10 spot!
2015 is doomed to be a great year,you'll witness this ,trust me,guys.
Not in the far future,in the next month,perhaps 2 weeks,you'll see the big spike for SPR.
Best reguard for everybody in Spread community and for crypto-world. Cheesy

doomed
duːmd

adjective
adjective: doomed

likely to have an unfortunate and inescapable outcome; ill-fated.
"the moving story of their doomed love affair"

Huh
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Happy Newyear!
2015 is doomed to be a great year,you'll witness this ,trust me,guys.
Not in the far future,in the next month,perhaps 2 weeks,you'll see the big spike for SPR.
Best reguard for everybody in Spread community and for crypto-world. Cheesy

Yes,I'm working on it.

Good luck with you ,man. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Yes,I'm working on it.

legendary
Activity: 966
I've been pondering Spreadcoin and what it would take for it to become a top 5 coin.  Probably the most important factor is massive adoption.  Coming back to that in a second, we see a lot of people not wanting to point their CPU to Spreadcoin because the hash would be so low that it would take XX days to find a block.  I understand their lack of desire.  People like instant and constant gratification, not gratification every 37 days.  And yet, due to the nature of SPR, we need every little bit of hash possible to help avoid large farms taking over.  How can we solve this and see massive adoption?

Would it be possible for the following:

When masternodes are implemented, found blocks have the following distribution:

1.  xx% to miners who find the block
2.  xx% to masternode owners
3.  xx% to masternodes which are then automatically distributed evenly to all miners, irrespective of hash rate.  So that miner with 25kh on their old laptop sees some SPR trickle in on a regular basis so it's worth it to them to help secure the network.  And thus, more people take part in mining SPR and adoption/distribution becomes vastly wider.

All 3 of my old laptops gathering dust would be brought out of the closet if something like this were implemented.

Coins are "Spread" to a much wider audience and the hash rate would explode.

For #3 to be implemented, either the network (the miners) or the masternodes would need to keep a record of who's mining during each block. If they are doing that, they might as well keep a record of how much hash they have too, and pay miners proportionally. So you could continue to have the security benefits of solo mining, but miners would also enjoy the benefits of steady income a la pools. But without the pools. Smiley

This would need some serious reworking of the whole system though.

Your proposal would probably be simpler to implement - the code already exists to pay the masternodes x%, Mr Spread would just need to add some code to take a portion of the MN split and have the MNs push it out to all miners connected at the time. eg. Winning MN that block gets say 60% of the block reward, then sends half of it to all connected miners.

So everyone gets something, but bigger miners are still in with a chance of getting the 40% solo block reward. (Percentages are examples only.)

But I am speculating well above my technical pay grade again... Grin

legendary
Activity: 966
Was trying to compile the linux nvidia miner, for a 750ti (compute 3 or 3.5)
I'm getting:
nvcc fatal   : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_50'
make[2]: *** [cuda_util.o] Error 255
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-echo.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-echo.Po
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-shavite.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-shavite.Po
mv -f sph/.deps/spreadminer-simd.Tpo sph/.deps/spreadminer-simd.Po

Is there a way to not compile for 5.0 ?

Quote from: README.md
Build
=====

#### Linux
* edit the NVCC_GENCODE line in Makefile.am to target your preferred compute capability
 * ./autogen.sh
 * ./configure "CFLAGS=-O3" "CXXFLAGS=-O3"
 * make

So, change line 33 in Makefile.am accordingly:
Code:
NVCC_GENCODE = -gencode=arch=compute_50,code=\"sm_50,compute_50\"
...becomes eg.
Code:
NVCC_GENCODE = -gencode=arch=compute_35,code=\"sm_35,compute_35\"
...or...
Code:
NVCC_GENCODE = -gencode=arch=compute_30,code=\"sm_30,compute_30\"

HTH. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Happy Newyear!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

The same. I tried to vote but SpreadCoin wasn't in the list.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I've been pondering Spreadcoin and what it would take for it to become a top 5 coin.  Probably the most important factor is massive adoption.  Coming back to that in a second, we see a lot of people not wanting to point their CPU to Spreadcoin because the hash would be so low that it would take XX days to find a block.  I understand their lack of desire.  People like instant and constant gratification, not gratification every 37 days.  And yet, due to the nature of SPR, we need every little bit of hash possible to help avoid large farms taking over.  How can we solve this and see massive adoption?

One way would be to use CPU only algo which would make CPU mining from the wallet relevant, but it might create new issues with rented hashpower or botnets.

An alternative would be to heavily optimize CPU mining to increase speed by 3-5-10 times. Or create a seamless GPU-mining experience from the wallet.
All CPU-ONLY algos have been proved  GPU friendly months later or so.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

One way would be to use CPU only algo which would make CPU mining from the wallet relevant, but it might create new issues with rented hashpower or botnets.

An alternative would be to heavily optimize CPU mining to increase speed by 3-5-10 times. Or create a seamless GPU-mining experience from the wallet.

BTW:External IP + wallet works,but getwork mod is extremely unstable and the reject rate is pretty high -- that means you are wasting a big deal of hashpower and low efficiency.

Are you saying it's better to mine to individual wallets right now? I have been having stability issues, just not sure why the miner keeps dying off after 12 hours or so. I'm not getting any rejects though.
If you are mining in LAN,dont connect too many miners ,better less than 10 rigs,to one wallet.
That may improve your reject ratio. Smiley
Activity: 380
Merit: 250

BTW:External IP + wallet works,but getwork mod is extremely unstable and the reject rate is pretty high -- that means you are wasting a big deal of hashpower and low efficiency.

Are you saying it's better to mine to individual wallets right now? I have been having stability issues, just not sure why the miner keeps dying off after 12 hours or so. I'm not getting any rejects though.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Is that a customised Spreadcoin wallet address in your signature? Or was it a fluke?
It's an empty address.okay,forget about it.
Huh Okay... You seem like you're acting weird.
Is that a customised Spreadcoin wallet address in your signature? Or was it a fluke?
It's an empty address.okay,forget about it.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Sooo...would it be possible to rent GPU hashing to mine it, or would it be impossible due to the fact it cant use pools? (again, pardon my extreme noob questions)

It is possible if you set up your wallet on a machine with an external IP so that the rented rigs will be able to connect to it.

That brings up a great idea. Maybe airball could rent part of his rigs? He seems to be a legit guy.
Hey man,I'd like to rent part of my hashpower to you as long as the rent can cover my cost(tangible&intangible cost).
But now I can't do that,for it's summer and too hot to mine,it may kill my rigs,
and plus the extra cost of cooling system and broken vedio cards make mining far less profitable .
So even I don't earn you guys' any profit from renting,I don't think you want to rent miming rigs in hot area at such a high cost.
The estimated average cost of mining 1 SPR now is around 35K sato with the net hashrate of 2.5 GH/S.
I've stop my GPU mining farm and enjoying my holidays.
Maybe 2 months later,I'll rent 500Mh/s of my hashpower to different people in this community.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

Would it be possible for the following:

When masternodes are implemented, found blocks have the following distribution:

1.  xx% to miners who find the block
2.  xx% to masternode owners
3.  xx% to masternodes which are then automatically distributed evenly to all miners, irrespective of hash rate.  So that miner with 25kh on their old laptop sees some SPR trickle in on a regular basis so it's worth it to them to help secure the network.  And thus, more people take part in mining SPR and adoption/distribution becomes vastly wider.

All 3 of my old laptops gathering dust would be brought out of the closet if something like this were implemented.

Coins are "Spread" to a much wider audience and the hash rate would explode.
Hmmm that's a pretty neat idea you have there man, I like that because that's why I have been buying as much SpreadCoin as I can is so when he does implement masternodes I have enough coins to get at least 1 Smiley
Jump to: