Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 319. (Read 810081 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

SpreadCoin

Truly Decentralized
In Bitcoin mining power is concentrated in large pools. This puts the whole network at risk if these pools become malicious or if their security is compromised. In SpreadCoin there are no pools, mining power is spread around many solo miners.
Just a small fix...

Edit:

Does anyone ever wonder if Mr. Spread is satoshi? Smiley

I often wondered that about Evan Duffield, but if Mr. Spread is fixing Evan's bugs and improving upon DRK with true decentralization then who knows, maybe he is 'the one'.
JL
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
That 'dump' really is more healthy than detrimental, increasing volume, transactions, and adding new investors to SPR.

Ive made it to the Rich List now and dont feel as anxious praying SPR didnt pop off while I was standing on the dock.

Another baby dump is what Im really looking for. Top Ten, here I come.

Where can you find the rich list again? I know I'm not in the rich list but I would like to see who is holding what lol

Also who here is super excited for the next time Mr. Spread announces something? I know that he has probably been hard at work fine tuning whatever the next feature he is gonna announce is and then we won't be able to buy SpreadCoin cheap anymore Smiley

Looking to get into the top 100 myself...

Top 100
http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=SPR&top_addresses=100
Post #1686 in case the link gets removed
Yess! I'm number 88!
Activity: 380
Merit: 250
That 'dump' really is more healthy than detrimental, increasing volume, transactions, and adding new investors to SPR.

Ive made it to the Rich List now and dont feel as anxious praying SPR didnt pop off while I was standing on the dock.

Where can you find the rich list again? I know I'm not in the rich list but I would like to see who is holding what lol

Also who here is super excited for the next time Mr. Spread announces something? I know that he has probably been hard at work fine tuning whatever the next feature he is gonna announce is and then we won't be able to buy SpreadCoin cheap anymore Smiley

Looking to get into the top 100 myself...

Top 100
http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=SPR&top_addresses=100
Post #1686 in case the link gets removed
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
OMG guys check out my signature now! Smiley

Edit:

Wait, is there a coin called frycoin? Wink
I don't think so but I would think that there should be Smiley But love the signature by the way Smiley
legendary
Crypto since 2014
OMG guys check out my signature now! Smiley

Edit:

Wait, is there a coin called frycoin? Wink

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.

SpreadCoin

Truly Decentralized
In Bitcoin mining power is concentrated in large pools. This puts the whole network at risk if these pools become malicious or if their security is compromised. In SpreadCoin there are no pools, mining power is spread around many solo miners.
Just a small fix...

Edit:

That thought had crossed my mind Smiley But all I know is that whomever dumped their SpreadCoin is definitely going to be regretting it once Mr. Spread implements Masternodes and other features to SpreadCoin Smiley I've been collecting as much as I can you would think I am a goddamn Pokemon trainer because "I gotta catch'em ALL!!!" LOL anyways good to see some solid signatures promoting Spreadcoin guys Smiley like it a lot Smiley
legendary
BCH Advocate.
our vulnerability found in the hash coin. Mein Merger prey. http://dc.cointellect.com/

What are you saying exactly?
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
our vulnerability found in the hash coin. Mein Merger prey. http://dc.cointellect.com/
legendary
BCH Advocate.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

SpreadCoin

Truly Decentralized
In Bitcoin mining power is centralised by large pools. This puts the whole network at risk if these pools become malicious or if their security is compromised. In SpreadCoin there are no pools, mining power is spread around many solo miners.
Just a small fix...

Edit:

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
I may have found a wallet/miner bug.
More like malfunction. Will do more testing if anybody is interested.
I have 4 PCs mining to a wallet on one of them.
3 with nvidia cards and one with some AMD 7850s.
If I start the AMD one first ALWAYS the third nVidia doesn't connect,
After 30s or so the error message is:
Code:
[2015-01-05 13:54:52] 1 miner threads started, using 'spreadx11' algorithm.
[2015-01-05 13:55:22] HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 30014 milli
seconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received
[2015-01-05 13:55:22] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 5 seconds

If I start the AMD miner after the nVidia ones though, everything is OK.
My wallet is v. 9.15.2 g4.......-beta

To correct this, use the '--gpu-map' option to correctly map the GPU number seen by OpenCL with the GPU number seen by ADL.

I don't see how this is related. As I already stated it is 4 different PCs. Each one has nvidia only or amd only cards. No APUs - all are CPUs.
When all of them are working if I stop an nvidia one it comes with that error message when restarted. No such problem with AMD one.

Anyhow - I found a workaround by starting them in this particular order (AMD last) and it works fine.
Activity: 63
If you know about how solo mining can affect masternodes then you can PM me or post it here. I haven't received any messages about it.

Regarding hashrate distribution chart, it was asked some time ago:
Also, are there any nethash analysis/distribution tools available, possible, in the pipeline?
Due to more decentralized nature it is harder to perform such analysis for SpreadCoin. You need to monitor which node will be the first to broadcast the block. For Bitcoin you can just connect to all major pools which is not a problem as they probably are running on a good servers. Since there are no pools in SpreadCoin you will need to connect to as many nodes as you can and still the fact that some node was the first to broadcast some block doesn't mean that this block was mined by this node, it may be just distributing block which was mined by node to which you are not connected. Many computers in internet are behind NAT or don't accept incoming connections for some other reasons, the only way to be connected to such nodes is if they will connect to you which may never happen.
This doesn't mean that it is impossible but hashrate distribution analysis may be less reliable than in cryptocurrencies with pools.
No such analysis is available yet.
You can try to search blockchain for the same mining addresses but by default each new block is mined on a different address.
Mr.spread,could you please reveal some news about the status of MN development before they are officially released later this month?
Code:
[2015-01-05 13:55:22] HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 30014 milli

To correct this, use the '--gpu-map' option to correctly map the GPU number seen by OpenCL with the GPU number seen by ADL.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Code:

Here's an interesting analysis on the number of mined BTC that have to be dumped per day just to cover electricity costs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rajx5/a_minimum_of_1470_bitcoins_has_to_be_dumped_on/

I'm curious if anyone has thought of doing any analysis on how SPR being decentralized may change this for Spreadcoin, if it does at all.  I personally don't see it being avoided unless we implement a methodology where people with extremely low hash are still provided some SPR like I alluded to in a previous post.
I think the price will stay stable or hover at 20K sato for weeks.
Cheap dumping time is over.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Here's an interesting analysis on the number of mined BTC that have to be dumped per day just to cover electricity costs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rajx5/a_minimum_of_1470_bitcoins_has_to_be_dumped_on/

I'm curious if anyone has thought of doing any analysis on how SPR being decentralized may change this for Spreadcoin, if it does at all.  I personally don't see it being avoided unless we implement a methodology where people with extremely low hash are still provided some SPR like I alluded to in a previous post.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I also want to know how the the net hashrate are calculated.
Divide the work required to generate last 120 blocks by the time interval it took to generate these blocks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
If you know about how solo mining can affect masternodes then you can PM me or post it here. I haven't received any messages about it.

Regarding hashrate distribution chart, it was asked some time ago:
Also, are there any nethash analysis/distribution tools available, possible, in the pipeline?
Due to more decentralized nature it is harder to perform such analysis for SpreadCoin. You need to monitor which node will be the first to broadcast the block. For Bitcoin you can just connect to all major pools which is not a problem as they probably are running on a good servers. Since there are no pools in SpreadCoin you will need to connect to as many nodes as you can and still the fact that some node was the first to broadcast some block doesn't mean that this block was mined by this node, it may be just distributing block which was mined by node to which you are not connected. Many computers in internet are behind NAT or don't accept incoming connections for some other reasons, the only way to be connected to such nodes is if they will connect to you which may never happen.
This doesn't mean that it is impossible but hashrate distribution analysis may be less reliable than in cryptocurrencies with pools.
No such analysis is available yet.
You can try to search blockchain for the same mining addresses but by default each new block is mined on a different address.
Jump to: