Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 363. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Response from Bittrex:
We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.
Wow, I got the exact same response. It's funny that we contacted them at the same time.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin
And it's roughly 1 SPR per day. It has little sense with pools or without them. SPR blocks are generated pretty fast, every minute. So somebody with 1/1000 of net hashrate still can get the block about every 2/3 of the day. And even with 1/10000 it's every 7 days. When (if) price will go up, mining will be even harder, sure. But I like the idea that only dedicated miners will mine SPR, without switching on it for quick profit.

Idea of 'poolless' mining is good for coin security, even if it is not easy for miners. And honestly, I think sooner or later there will be workaround, there are some ideas ITT how to do it. But Mr. Spread is a good programmer and very good person. I think SPR will have a bright future.

If there's ever a workaround that doesn't get instantly fixed, SPR will tank in value as it becomes just another short lived short term BTC/fiat hose for the ADD instadumpers, ie. 99.99% of all miners.
I can't see any major dumping going on anytime soon though because what's the reward a block right now? 6.6 SPR or something like that? This is a hold till the price is very right to be dumped as far as I'm concerned but that's just my opinion.  I also believe in Mr. Spread taking any actions necessary to improve and continue to develop SpreadCoin into the amazing coin I believe that it will Wink Cheers
Most dumping  happened months before cex on the other 2 small exchanges.That's why the dumping is weak now.
I also think with the lower block reward and how scarce the coins that are in circulation there is, is helping people not want to dump their SpreadCoin for very cheap and I don't blame them because this is easily a 500k a coin coin Wink Cheers
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin
And it's roughly 1 SPR per day. It has little sense with pools or without them. SPR blocks are generated pretty fast, every minute. So somebody with 1/1000 of net hashrate still can get the block about every 2/3 of the day. And even with 1/10000 it's every 7 days. When (if) price will go up, mining will be even harder, sure. But I like the idea that only dedicated miners will mine SPR, without switching on it for quick profit.

Idea of 'poolless' mining is good for coin security, even if it is not easy for miners. And honestly, I think sooner or later there will be workaround, there are some ideas ITT how to do it. But Mr. Spread is a good programmer and very good person. I think SPR will have a bright future.

If there's ever a workaround that doesn't get instantly fixed, SPR will tank in value as it becomes just another short lived short term BTC/fiat hose for the ADD instadumpers, ie. 99.99% of all miners.
I can't see any major dumping going on anytime soon though because what's the reward a block right now? 6.6 SPR or something like that? This is a hold till the price is very right to be dumped as far as I'm concerned but that's just my opinion.  I also believe in Mr. Spread taking any actions necessary to improve and continue to develop SpreadCoin into the amazing coin I believe that it will Wink Cheers
Most dumping  happened months before cex on the other 2 small exchanges.That's why the dumping is weak now.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Activity: 127
Merit: 101
haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin

Response from Bittrex:
We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.
So in other words everyone and their grandmother's get the word out about SpreadCoin Smiley I've been tweeting all the exchanges everyday to add SpreadCoin and nonstop harassing the social media world with supporting SpreadCoin Smiley If that is worth anything to anyone you can donate to my spr addy : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA Wink
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Hashrate has stayed about the same in the past 24 hours. It has gone up slightly but it looks like it is going down right now.
Hashrate increased by 600% in the last 4 days. Its becoming imposible for small miner to find a block.
Im guessing a private miner+aws rape is in progress.
haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin
Activity: 210
Response from Bittrex:
Is there any Spreadcoin Wallet that works on a gnu/linux terminal ?

Thanks! Smiley

You can grab the source (link in OP) and build the daemon same as any other bitcoin-derived coin:

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind
Or use builds from OP:
Linux wallet (32-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)

But it is generally better to build by yourself.
How does one compile for Windows? Didn't find a .sln file for Visual Studio...
I'm using gitian to do all release builds.

Compiling bitcoin and its forks on Windows is not an easy task. Compiling with VS you would probably only be able to build spreadcoind but not spreadcoin-qt. SpreadCoin-Qt should be build with Qt instead of VS but Qt's *.pro file contains some scripts which are supposed to be executed on unix.

Some related info for DarkCoin:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/compiling-the-source-in-visual-studio.2171/
http://wiki.darkcoin.qa/display/DRK/Creating+a+Visual+Studio+Solution+for+Darkcoin (seems that images are broken on that page and it is only for leveldb)
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Thanks! Smiley

You can grab the source (link in OP) and build the daemon same as any other bitcoin-derived coin:

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind
Or use builds from OP:
Linux wallet (32-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)

How does one compile for Windows? Didn't find a .sln file for Visual Studio...
We are on the main page of coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/

100! Your doing a great job Mr Spread!
SPR derseves TOP 20.
+1 To that!! Mr. Spread is doing amazing things with this coin and it's definitely one of a kind!! This is one coin you can safely say will land on the MOON!!! Wink

Thanks! Smiley

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind
Or use builds from OP:
Linux wallet (32-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)

legendary
Activity: 966

Thanks! Smiley

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind or ./spreadcoind help if you're unfamiliar with the standard commands

Dependency info etc. in /doc/build-unix.md
Activity: 207

Thanks! Smiley
We need a bigger exchange to attract more people to invest into SPR.
legendary
Activity: 1092
We are on the main page of coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/

100! Your doing a great job Mr Spread!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Strange issue with wallet. Using latest version.

If I stop my miners I have to restart the wallet and unlock it for my miners to reconnect.
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
It's definitely spread coin now.
Jump to: