Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 383. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Mr Spread.  Any thoughts on forking in Darkcoin features into this coin?  "True Decentralization", anonymous, and masternodes would be pretty amazing.
With current price establishing masternodes would be very unreliable, by investing not very large amount of money you would be able to run many master nodes. To prevent this we can set necessary deposit to run masternode to very high value but this will make overall number of masternodes very small.

Don't forget InstanTX.
We have fast block generation (to make solo mining easier) - 1 minute instead of 2 minutes 36 seconds in Darkcoin (yes, it is not 2 minutes 30 seconds as they claim) so speeding up transactions is of less importance for us. And InstantX requires masternodes.
If you look back in the history of Darkcoin, you'll see I am an early investor.

It's a which comes first situation, the chicken or the egg.  If you committed to implementing features Darkcoin has, the price of Spreadcoin would go up massively which in turn would make masternodes expensive to create.  I can just about guarantee this because I would buy the heck out of this coin.  The distribution of this coin is already good which means nobody would hold too many masternodes and that number would continue to  "Spread out" over time as this coin gains popularity.  

TheLoneCrouton and I are both Darkcoin investors and both understand that Spreadcoin has what Darkcoin needs and Darkcoin has what Spreadcoin needs.  The first developer to combine the two is going to have an enormously successful coin.

I also have connections with a couple larger exchanges and would help get Spreadcoin listed.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
I think right now a bigger exchange is the top priority.
legendary
Activity: 966
Mr Spread.  Any thoughts on forking in Darkcoin features into this coin?  "True Decentralization", anonymous, and masternodes would be pretty amazing.
With current price establishing masternodes would be very unreliable, by investing not very large amount of money you would be able to run many master nodes. To prevent this we can set necessary deposit to run masternode to very high value but this will make overall number of masternodes very small.

Don't forget InstanTX.
We have fast block generation (to make solo mining easier) - 1 minute instead of 2 minutes 36 seconds in Darkcoin (yes, it is not 2 minutes 30 seconds as they claim) so speeding up transactions is of less importance for us. And InstantX requires masternodes.

You're right of course, it would make no sense to implement Masternodes now, they need to be reasonably expensive. But it's nice to know that the option is there for the future...

I'm sure you have plenty of ideas of your own!

I have been aggravating Darkcoin people for some time about the great white elephant in the room WRT all PoW coins - the huge security risk that centralised mining poses, they either think I'm a lunatic or they don't want to agree publicly because they are afraid of whining miners. Anyway, very happy to have found some folk who acknowledge the issue and a developer that has done something about it.  Smiley

Nobody in their right mind is going to invest serious money in a currency where compromising just a few pool operators / pool servers could destroy their investment overnight. Solutions like Spreadcoin are the only way that PoW is going to survive, or ever gain traction in the wider world. Every other PoW coin at the moment is a complete joke from any risk analysis point of view.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Don't forget InstanTX.
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
Activity: 189
 Shocked Good news for those who need some extra cash: http://brandmecrypto.com/en/2/About  Roll Eyes
legendary
Mr Spread.  Any thoughts on forking in Darkcoin features into this coin?  "True Decentralization", anonymous, and masternodes would be pretty amazing.

Don't forget InstanTX.

I've been picking up a few thousand Spread here and there but I would buy into this like nobodies business if some more DRK features were to be added.  Cheesy

Mr Spread seems honest and competent, if he keeps it up I am very hopeful for this coin.  Smiley
Activity: 854
Mr Spread.  Any thoughts on forking in Darkcoin features into this coin?  "True Decentralization", anonymous, and masternodes would be pretty amazing.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
girinos miner crashes. does this happen to anyone else?

To everyone using drivers prior to 14.9... If that's not your case, please describe in more details what is happening:

- what are the command line params you use?
- how long before it crashes?
- post a screenshot or at least copy the errors displayed on screen.
- what version of windows are you running?
- does it happen to the original miner or only with the modified one?
- any other info you think might be useful.

The more info you post, the better i can diagnose and solve the problem. The amount of information you currently provided gives me no clue whatsoever about what happened, so please, be way, way, more descriptive of the problem.
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017
girinos miner crashes. does this happen to anyone else?
Just checked my Windows wallet, mining with GPU and got a message "Not enough memory" (got 8GB) and when restarting the wallet I get message "error reading block" and the wallet doesn't start... any ideas what the problem could be and  how to resolve it?
Some application is probably using all of your memory, task manager should help you to determine which one is it.

SpreadCoin is not actually designed to work in out of memory condition (and I think most of today applications aren't) as a result your local copy of blockchain may have been damaged. Try to run the wallet with -reindex argument, if it doesn't help than you can simply remove blockchain from your computer, it is stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin. The only file that you need to keep is wallet.dat, it stores all your spreadcoins. After starting the wallet it will redownload the blockchain.

not sure what got out of memory... restarted with -reindex and back in business Smiley
I've never met such suituation
Activity: 268
Just checked my Windows wallet, mining with GPU and got a message "Not enough memory" (got 8GB) and when restarting the wallet I get message "error reading block" and the wallet doesn't start... any ideas what the problem could be and  how to resolve it?
Some application is probably using all of your memory, task manager should help you to determine which one is it.

SpreadCoin is not actually designed to work in out of memory condition (and I think most of today applications aren't) as a result your local copy of blockchain may have been damaged. Try to run the wallet with -reindex argument, if it doesn't help than you can simply remove blockchain from your computer, it is stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin. The only file that you need to keep is wallet.dat, it stores all your spreadcoins. After starting the wallet it will redownload the blockchain.

not sure what got out of memory... restarted with -reindex and back in business Smiley
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
yes, I am running two cards at about 4.5MH/s(4500khs) and I am getting about 3-4 blocks a day.
8 hrs and counting 0 SPR at 140 KH/s

tried restarting.. no change.
it's quite normal,0.14/440=0.032%,that's is your odd of finding blocks.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
So where exactly can spreadcoin be traded right now? and how many coins left for POW or POM left? anyone got any ideas or updates?
Links to exchanges in the OP. Number of coins is at the block explorer:http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/
legendary
One thing I've noted though is that the 'cheating miner' code is not yet implemented?

Mr Spread would it not be wise to test/release that before it becomes necessary, if it ever does?
There is nowhere to cheat yet, existing miners can only work in solo mode. First we'll need at least some pool protocol.

Also, are there any nethash analysis/distribution tools available, possible, in the pipeline?
Due to more decentralized nature it is harder to perform such analysis for SpreadCoin. You need to monitor which node will be the first to broadcast the block. For Bitcoin you can just connect to all major pools which is not a problem as they probably are running on a good servers. Since there are no pools in SpreadCoin you will need to connect to as many nodes as you can and still the fact that some node was the first to broadcast some block doesn't mean that this block was mined by this node, it may be just distributing block which was mined by node to which you are not connected. Many computers in internet are behind NAT or don't accept incoming connections for some other reasons, the only way to be connected to such nodes is if they will connect to you which may never happen.
This doesn't mean that it is impossible but hashrate distribution analysis may be less reliable than in cryptocurrencies with pools.
No such analysis is available yet.

Thanks for the answers.  Smiley
Mr. Spread can you please set a more informative topic in our IRC channel? With links to site, ann thread, whitepaper, etc.
Yes, of course, will do it when I will come back home to my main PC.

Jump to: