Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 381. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Mr. Spread, maybe you should contact c-cex about addition of SPR.
already added~ Grin
I don't find anything at https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=spr-btc
we need to wait for a while,the exchange need to sync the wallet
All I know is this coin is a keeper for sure because right now there is only what 1.7mil in circulation or something like that?? This coin should be worth way more than its trading for right now so I suggest you stock up right now!!
Yeah, but some guy keeps buy wall at 7500 satoshis so it's a bit problematic.
YA because that guy knows that he will easily triple his money on that coin at that price and everyone is trying to get them for cheaper and that's where people's greed gets in the way!! If you just keep letting the guy buy at 7500 then when the rise begins you will be buying for more than that anyways!!
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
already added~ Grin
All I know is this coin is a keeper for sure because right now there is only what 1.7mil in circulation or something like that?? This coin should be worth way more than its trading for right now so I suggest you stock up right now!!
Yeah, but some guy keeps buy wall at 7500 satoshis so it's a bit problematic.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
WTF,https://betasharex.com/trade/SPR/BTC on hold AGAIN!!!!!!

betasharex REALLY sux! Time to move on to other exchanges.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
WTF,https://betasharex.com/trade/SPR/BTC on hold AGAIN!!!!!!
already added~ Grin
already added~ Grin
Activity: 65
I agree that turning on the darkcoin features is great idea.  The dev seems like a great dev though so I would like to see him improve on those features so we are even better than Darkcoin!  Darkcoin has over 10 million market cap!  We have true decentralization and a great dev.  SPR could be worth millions too!

I've taken a degree of flak for posting here and supporting SPR, but people forget that open source is a two way street - there is plenty of room for both coins to grow, and persue related but not necessarily identical paths, and increasing the dev count and user base of the underlying code and concept will be beneficial to everyone IMO.

+1
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I agree that turning on the darkcoin features is great idea.  The dev seems like a great dev though so I would like to see him improve on those features so we are even better than Darkcoin!  Darkcoin has over 10 million market cap!  We have true decentralization and a great dev.  SPR could be worth millions too!

I've taken a degree of flak for posting here and supporting SPR, but people forget that open source is a two way street - there is plenty of room for both coins to grow, and persue related but not necessarily identical paths, and increasing the dev count and user base of the underlying code and concept will be beneficial to everyone IMO.
Activity: 65
legendary
Masternodes are eventually scheduled to receive 60% of the block reward with DRK, although I have my suspicions that that won't be the end of the matter, and shouldn't be, as mining via centralised pools is basically worthless as a security mechanism. With SPR though, where the miners are actually decentralised and thus provide a useful service, a 50-50 split would seem more equable.

Remember that mining and running Masternodes are not mutually exclusive, I and a lot of other DRK folk do both. Unless you have free electricity or Star Trek hardware though, running Masternodes is generally the more profitable of the two.

There are a whole bunch of variables involved, the economics of the two coins are not going to be identical, I'm sure if Mr Spread goes the MN route he'll adequately think through the various feedback loops.  Smiley

Activity: 854
I think Masternodes would be awesome for Spreadcoin. How many Spread would you need to run a MN, or is this to early to ask?
yes,masternodes are awesome ,but before that,availabilty and security are the first things to consider.
BTW:Do masternode need any cost
Masternodes will be PROFITABLE to run.  My suggestion, if Mr Spread implements them, would be to have them require 1000 SPR in their connected wallet to run (just like DRK).  You don't lose that SPR, you can withdraw it anytime, but if you do, the masternode is no longer active.

You need a VPS to run masternodes as well so there is that monthly cost.  However, masternodes would get a portion of each block's mined SPR.  As such, masternodes should inherently be profitable to run.

They also cause the price of the coin to rise because people buy it to get masternodes and take those coins out of circulation. 
legendary
I think Masternodes would be awesome for Spreadcoin. How many Spread would you need to run a MN, or is this to early to ask?
yes,masternodes are awesome ,but before that,availabilty and security are the first things to consider.
Yes, they absolutely need to have a non-trivial cost, it makes it financially crippling bordering on impossible to buy enough to have a reasonable chance of compromising the network. Masternodes don't scale linearly like mining does in terms of hashpower or centralised risk (not that the latter applies to SPR! Smiley ), a random subset is chosen from the total each time, making them inherently orders of magnitude more secure from a purely numbers perspective than mining.

already added~ Grin
I dont see itthere?
already added~ Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So only 20 million coin supply total over all the time? How many coins will be generated in the first year?
1st year - 3.27 million
2nd year - 6 million (total)
3rd year - 8.44 million (total)
4th year - 10 million (total)
Yes, there will be 20 million coins total.
when can we trade SPR on c-cex??today?
Jump to: