Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 417. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 101
Is there any ideas?
You must ask developer, I guess.
In my humble opinion current logo is fine and we don't need another one. But we need bigger version of current logo for QT wallet (maybe Mr. Spread has it but he forgot/don't care to add it to the wallet).

And we are very much in need of promotion. I dunno if Mr. Spread has additional plans for SPR development, but in its current state SPR is fine already. But only about 100 people or less mine it. For wide audience it's still looks like premine. Well, it was not a problem for DRK. But monero for bytecoin in other hand...

My hashrate is still bigger than my share of coins, so my chunk still grows bigger and maybe in my short-time interest to save status quo. And maybe many miners think the same way. But we need promotion for success.

And exchanges can greatly help in this. It doesn't matter if price will be low at the beginning. Some of early miners will sell coins cheap and believers (as me) will be happy to buy cheap.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
We need more votes on bter,bter is the best alt exchange in China
Activity: 177
We are now on bter voting list: https://bter.com/voting
Great news,but I don't enough btr to vote  Sad
Activity: 210
I optimized mining and used optimizations from darkcoin cpuminer. Improvements are not dramatic but hashrate is noticeable faster. This is for 64-bit only. It uses extended instruction sets, I tested in on my CPU but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you, please test (except for the mining these builds are exactly the same as current version).
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)
If you want to build from source then checkout the 'cpuminer1.2' branch.

I plan to further optimize mining.
Anyone had any issues with this version? If not I will make this optimized version as the default for download.

And I just found a bug in displaying average time between mined blocks, it thinks that hour has 24 minutes Smiley. I will fix and update builds soon.

EDIT: builds updated:
Windows wallet (32-bit)
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Linux wallet (32-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)
Mac OS X wallet
Activity: 127
Voting for SPR goes quite well here:
https://askcoin.net/votes
Now it's 14th with 1358 votes, and first place coin has 5000 votes. You can also 'bribe', 1000 votes are 0.1 BTC.
I'm showing similar improvements with my Phenom II x6 @3.5ghz. Grin

Before .. 99.381 khash

After ..  132.446 khash

For E3 and I7 ,about 25% improment.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I'm showing similar improvements with my Phenom II x6 @3.5ghz. Grin

Before .. 99.381 khash

After ..  132.446 khash
Dev,when can we use GPU miner?  Huh Huh
Currently there are no plans to develop GPU miner.

Wondering what speed gains would an external miner provide...
Miner cannot be faster just because it is external. Anything that can be done with an external miner can be done with internal one.
Activity: 177
please test (except for the mining these builds are exactly the same as current version).
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Run 35% faster on i7 870.

That's a nice improvement! Good Work Mr. Spread!

Wondering what speed gains would an external miner provide...
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
please test (except for the mining these builds are exactly the same as current version).
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Run 35% faster on i7 870.
Dev,when can we use GPU miner?  Huh Huh
Some vps Howto? I want mine it on my debian vps
Are there CPU Miner or i have to use solomining
You will need to use solo-mining with spreadcoin daemon. To get your mined coins you will need then either download wallet.dat or send coins to your wallet using command-line. Currently there is no way to mine running network node on one computer and miner on the other.

Here are instructions how to run solo-miner in case you don't know.

Set user and password in ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf
Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass

Launch spreadcoind daemon.

Then you can start mining using the following command:
Code:
spreadcoind -rpcuser=user -rpcpassword=pass setgenerate true
and stop using:
Code:
spreadcoind -rpcuser=user -rpcpassword=pass setgenerate false

If your wallet is password protected you will need to unlock it using walletpassphrase command.
Activity: 168
roadmap if any?
I also want to know that
Ultimate goal is world domination Smiley
Our current task is to add SpreadCoin to exchanges. Also, I plan to hold a giveaway (is there anyone who wants to join me to donate some coins?).

As for development I will further optimize CPU mining. I have several great ideas about possible features (never implemented before in other altcoins) in addition to poolless mining but they all require thorough design and thought so they will take considerable amount of time.
Some vps Howto? I want mine it on my debian vps
Are there CPU Miner or i have to use solomining
roadmap if any?
I also want to know that
Ultimate goal is world domination Smiley
Our current task is to add SpreadCoin to exchanges. Also, I plan to hold a giveaway (is there anyone who wants to join me to donate some coins?).

As for development I will further optimize CPU mining. I have several great ideas about possible features (never implemented before in other altcoins) in addition to poolless mining but they all require thorough design and thought so they will take considerable amount of time.
You may want to contact allcrypt.com. They pretty friendly for new coins.
Yes, I will do it. But keep in mind that exchanges want pressure from community to add coins so I encourage everyone to contact exchanges on which you want to trade SpreadCoin. You can do it in Twitter and on relevant IRC channels.

Bittrex:
irc.freenode.net channel: #bittrex (web version)
https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange

Cryptsy:
irc.freenode.net channel: #Cryptsy (web version)
https://twitter.com/cryptsy

AFAIK, the only voting list that we are on is AskCoin and we already have mane votes there but we need more.
I optimized mining and used optimizations from darkcoin cpuminer. Improvements are not dramatic but hashrate is noticeable faster. This is for 64-bit only. It uses extended instruction sets, I tested in on my CPU but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you, please test (except for the mining these builds are exactly the same as current version).
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)
If you want to build from source then checkout the 'cpuminer1.2' branch.

I plan to further optimize mining.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
You may want to contact allcrypt.com. They pretty friendly for new coins.
Jump to: