Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 419. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101
The whitepaper is good. It can be posted in the OP.

Mr Spread, where do I send the bounty for the whitepaper? Smiley
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I'm not english native speaker, too,
but I see no mistakes in the whitepaper.

MrSpread has nice english IMO, also seen from the posts.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Here is the white paper. I asked someone to proofread it but he still didn't respond. If you are a native speaker or just know English well then please read it and PM me about any corrections that you think should be made before I will add it to OP and website.

The language is Utilized technical and at the same time easy to understand, very well explained.
Was very good!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Here is the white paper ... please read it and PM me about any corrections

Only had chance to skim it but it's clearly a cut above the usual effort. I've not been able to spot anything obvious that needs correcting. I'll read it in detail later. Good job. Good English, too, fwiw.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 210
Here is the white paper. I asked someone to proofread it but he still didn't respond. If you are a native speaker or just know English well then please read it and PM me about any corrections that you think should be made before I will add it to OP and website.
legendary
Slim is definitely a typtical unsuccessful case,with new distribution way --POB ,without further development and marketing.

The Slimcoin dev and the community have been working together for the last six months to try and shake the bugs out of the implementation. Would have been premature to concentrate on marketing before the functionality was proven stable.

's got a good hook though - mine it in on a Raspberry Pi. I'm not sure whether Slimcoin will progress much further. It's put quite a strain on the dev; unstable network = many moaning and to cap it all, the seed nodes went offline while he was on family holiday and when they came back up, they staked before they could sync the blockchain, causing forks Sad

I mean, it's gotta be tough, being on the sharp end of everyone else's self-interested expectations. People can get a bit over-focussed at times and can lose touch with the experimental nature of this entire cryptocurrency domain.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 129
Slim is definitely a typtical unsuccessful case,with new distribution way --POB ,without further development and marketing.
legendary
You can dump the optimizations on blake and use only the optimization on the other algos. blake is quite fast compared with SIMD, echo, cubehash, jh or groestl, (almost 10 times faster than any of them), so dumping the optimizations on blake wont make much difference in the speed up, and would make it quite easy to port.
Thanks for advice, I will probably take this approach.

The longer this goes off exchanges and unnoticed, the harder time you will have convincing people it's a coin worth buying/mining/trading when the time comes.

Here's my prediction, as this has happened to quite a few coins with new ideas: you will continue to develop, you might find developers to help for bounties, then someone will fork all of the work into a clone coin, call it something else, get a flashy logo/name, have the GPU miner ready thanks to your work, and completely steal the thunder from SPD. Why wouldn't they? Why come mine something that has an early-adopter base who've been mining weeks/months quietly, when you can just launch the good ideas with a more motivated promotional team and be an early adopter yourself?

If you do not market your innovation, someone else will. That's just the way it goes in altcoins. Hesitation rewards no one here.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, promotion is definitely what this coin needs. Unfortunately I don't have a promotional team yet but I will do some promotion by myself in coming days. Can you please give examples of these other coins?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Sorry for long responces, I'm quite busy in these days. Whitepaper is almost ready.

Optimized cpu miner will take some time, existing X11 cpu miner is specifically made and optimized for specific block header size. It isn't very trivial to adapt it to SpreadCoin.

You can dump the optimizations on blake and use only the optimization on the other algos. blake is quite fast compared with SIMD, echo, cubehash, jh or groestl, (almost 10 times faster than any of them), so dumping the optimizations on blake wont make much difference in the speed up, and would make it quite easy to port.
Sorry for long responces, I'm quite busy in these days. Whitepaper is almost ready.

Optimized cpu miner will take some time, existing X11 cpu miner is specifically made and optimized for specific block header size. It isn't very trivial to adapt it to SpreadCoin.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
I think we need to approach exchanges. There is a fear that adding SpreadCoin to exchanges will ruin the price but no one forces you to sell it now, you can wait and sell later. I don't think that adding it later will make price higher, price will always be determined by supply and demand. For low volume coins price can easily go up or down 10x in one moment because of just one person who will buy or sell many coins.
In fact, low price can be advantageous for us, people who don't belive in the future of SpreadCoin will sell and those who do will buy.
What do you think?
Of course we don't have large community and it may be hard to convince exchanges to list SpreadCoin, but we can try.
I support SPR to be listed on the exchange ASAP. Grin
me too  Smiley
I think we need to approach exchanges. There is a fear that adding SpreadCoin to exchanges will ruin the price but no one forces you to sell it now, you can wait and sell later. I don't think that adding it later will make price higher, price will always be determined by supply and demand. For low volume coins price can easily go up or down 10x in one moment because of just one person who will buy or sell many coins.
In fact, low price can be advantageous for us, people who don't belive in the future of SpreadCoin will sell and those who do will buy.
What do you think?
Of course we don't have large community and it may be hard to convince exchanges to list SpreadCoin, but we can try.
I support SPR to be listed on the exchange ASAP. Grin
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
What do you think?

I'm ok with listing it on exchanges, but in my opinion it should be done only after the whitepaper is released.

Can you update us regarding the whitepaper and improved cpu miner ?
What do you think?
Here is a rough plan of what should be done:
1. Write whitepaper. It is harder for me to write texts than to write code but I'm working on it.
2. Optimize CPU mining using code from existing X11 CPU miners. I'm working on it.
3. GPU miner. It is cool that we can still mine on CPUs but someone can make a GPU miner and use it privately. It would be better if we will have GPU miner available to everyone.
4. Make a better website. I'm not a web designer so I will need some help here.
5. Besides of that we need some promotion. Probably here are people who are more experienced in this and can help. In particular BITDV wanted to work on this.
Seems that there is a strong opposition to adding SpreadCoin to exchanges right now so I didn't add it to this list.

We can offer reward (in spreadcoins) for someone who will work on these tasks.

Well. Thank you for the list.
I offer bounty 1000+1000 SPR exclusively for the developer, for the first two items of the list.
(Sorry for the loss of your SPRs, maybe this reinforcement will help a bit  Wink )
I really appreciate your work.

Regards,
Andy

I'll match A-tm's bounties for the DEV (1000+1000 SPR) for first 2 items, plus:

1000 SPR bounty for #3 - GPU Miner
1000 SPR bounty for #5 - Promotion

It would be better to put this plan and specific donation addresses on the OP Cheesy
Activity: 350
i have a website and i want talk about spreadcoin.
So, before the coin appear on exchanges, it needs to have much greater userbase.
It means promotion, promotion, promotion, attract more miners to it!

You can offer bounties, or help with informing the public.

Regards,
Andy
dev, if we do not consider the exchange this coin is equivalent to a few people in the game
Suicidal!

I understand, but think: who will by this coin with the current status?
What the price will be? If ordinary miner has access to say 1000 SPR daily?
Very soon the price will be ruined.

Miners will start to mine and mine only until if it is profitable.
We need greater hashpower share, then also the market will be greater, and the investment of the first supporters including the developer can return.
Of course the coin needs to be attractive also by what it offers. I like no-pool design, and right now also the absence of GPU miners makes it somewhat more interesting. But exactly what the dev said - it is only matter of time somebody will adapt GPU miner, and if it will not be public, he can take huge amount of coins and if he starts to dump, he can ruin the coin completely. So it is essential either to make this coin solely CPU minable (which is not possible with this form of algorithm AFAIK), or to develop an efficient GPU miner. So the forces can be equally spread, and the decentralisation can be retained.
Activity: 61
dev, if we do not consider the exchange this coin is equivalent to a few people in the game
Suicidal!
Jump to: