Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 421. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Is there any way to know, how many clients in a network are mining?
and/or
how many clients are on the network alltogether?

just for fun

Regards,
Andy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
2. Rules for relaying and mining large transactions were changed. This is not a hardfork because rules for transactions that are already contained in block remain unchanged. Previously the only way to perform large transaction was to mine block with it by yourself. Seems that several other cryptos have the same issue but they may never faced it due to different parameters.

Jut to be sure: the block generated by the new rule will still be accepted by older clients, or is there a risk of a fork if one of those occur and i have not yet updated my client?
There is no risk of a fork. Old clients consider fee that is automatically computed when you send coins to be to low. Because of this they will not relay certain transactions and will not include them in their blocks but they will accept such transaction if it is already inside a block.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
running like a dream mate!! the update
legendary
Activity: 896
SpreadX11 ??
What's that algo?

This is mining algorithm which is used to prevent pools.
The general idea is that there is some additional information in each block that proofs that miner knows whole block and private key for spending coinbase transaction. That means that if you mine in a pool you can submit shares as usual and get reward for them but if you will actually find a valid block then you can send it directly to the network instead of the pool and get full reward for it. Pool may detect it and ban you but this is still may be advantageous for you. If your mining power gives you low probability of finding a block then if you will accidentally find a block it gives you more profit even if the pool will ban you for not sharing this block. If you have enough mining power to find blocks consistently then you can connect to a pool and submit shares for some time but steal the first found block, this way you can get both reward for your shares and actual block that you mined, this is like doubling your hashrate.
Given all this I don't expect that anyone will create a pool. But if someone will then I will modify whatever miner software will be used for it to implement the stealing described above, we may expect that most pool miners will then switch to this cheating version which will make this pool useless.

Hmm, I like this.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
2. Rules for relaying and mining large transactions were changed. This is not a hardfork because rules for transactions that are already contained in block remain unchanged. Previously the only way to perform large transaction was to mine block with it by yourself. Seems that several other cryptos have the same issue but they may never faced it due to different parameters.

Jut to be sure: the block generated by the new rule will still be accepted by older clients, or is there a risk of a fork if one of those occur and i have not yet updated my client?
SpreadX11 ??
What's that algo?

This is mining algorithm which is used to prevent pools.
The general idea is that there is some additional information in each block that proofs that miner knows whole block and private key for spending coinbase transaction. That means that if you mine in a pool you can submit shares as usual and get reward for them but if you will actually find a valid block then you can send it directly to the network instead of the pool and get full reward for it. Pool may detect it and ban you but this is still may be advantageous for you. If your mining power gives you low probability of finding a block then if you will accidentally find a block it gives you more profit even if the pool will ban you for not sharing this block. If you have enough mining power to find blocks consistently then you can connect to a pool and submit shares for some time but steal the first found block, this way you can get both reward for your shares and actual block that you mined, this is like doubling your hashrate.
Given all this I don't expect that anyone will create a pool. But if someone will then I will modify whatever miner software will be used for it to implement the stealing described above, we may expect that most pool miners will then switch to this cheating version which will make this pool useless.
Activity: 122
SpreadX11 ??
What's that algo?
New version (0.9.14.1) with two changes:
1. If you are using encrypted wallet you will now be prompted to enter a password to start mining. In previous version mining just silently didn't start. Password is necessary because all mined blocks are signed with a private key. In principle, it is possible to enable mining on a locked wallet but this seems to be to intrusive change which will take a lot of time and will touch one of the most crucial parts of the client related to wallet/private keys management.

Please update your wallet:
Windows wallet (32-bit)
Windows wallet (64-bit)
Linux wallet (32-bit)
Linux wallet (64-bit)
Mac OS X wallet

Also I made a little update to a website. If anyone knows English well please check if everything is correct and PM me if you think that something should be changed.
http://spreadcoin.net/
http://spreadcoin.net/features.php
Now is working perfectly !
Just do not know what I was doing wrong.
Besides of this issue with mining on encrypted wallets there is also issue with large transactions. They are not relayed/mined by other nodes because they think that fees are too low. So this is not your fault.
I recovered your wallet simply by running spreadcoin-qt with -salvagewallet argument, it took some time because there were many keys but it worked.

I'm now making builds of a new release which will address both issues (this is not a hardfork).
Activity: 189
I already did the replacement, but my coins are locked type not going anywhere, and also after the subistituição can not mine more coins.
They appear as spend but unconfirmed transaction? Running wallet with -salvagewallet argument should help.

I now see that mining doesn't work with encrypted wallet. You can either use unencrypted wallet or unlock your wallet from Debug Console using "walletpassphrase password 100000", where 100000 is the number of seconds your wallet will be unlocked. I will see what I can do to enable mining with with encrypted and locked wallet.

Now is working perfectly !
Just do not know what I was doing wrong.
I sent my wallet dat to the developer and he undertook to analyze my case . If the coins were recovered he would send for this portfolio : SiZ8rEzrwFBzvpzrLcXJK5Qm9Quzod44qY  Cheesy
I already did the replacement, but my coins are locked type not going anywhere, and also after the subistituição can not mine more coins.
They appear as spend but unconfirmed transaction? Running wallet with -salvagewallet argument should help.

I now see that mining doesn't work with encrypted wallet. You can either use unencrypted wallet or unlock your wallet from Debug Console using "walletpassphrase password 100000", where 100000 is the number of seconds your wallet will be unlocked. I will see what I can do to enable mining with with encrypted and locked wallet.
Info.plist was still poiting to darkcoin executables. You possibly need to change some packaging property to point to the right executable before building.
I fixed this, running OS X build now, will update soon. EDIT: OS X build updated

The backup did not synchronize with the network, created a new wallet and sent it the old to the new, when first starting the new wallet had not received anything.
All I sent for the new wallet returned to the former when used the backup again. (did not send my old wallet spread)
I'm sure I've lost everything!
Not of to recover. My old funds did not work with the new version do not know why.
Actually, I'm tired of trying.
I'm not sure what exactly you did, is there some problem with SpreadCoin client? Do you still have your old wallet? If you will describe in details what exactly was the problem and what you did then probably I will be able to help you.

1 - my wallet did not work with the new version

2 - cleaned everything in% appdata% (including wallet date), ready everything was working standard (minig, etc).

3 - I copied the new address generated for Notepad

4 - wiped everything again and put back up the old wallet

5 - all sent to the address of the new wallet (which was in Notepad)

6 - cleaned everything in% appdata% and pasted the backup in place the new wallet

7 - open the new portfolio waited sync and ready (had not received even a spread)

8 - the old wallet does not send my spreads

ps: I tried several times.  Sad

Changed my passphrase and I forgot to save the wallet date with the new passphrase. (ready LOST ALL)  Embarrassed

If you still have your old wallet.dat then you can still recover all your coins. You just need to replace your current wallet.dat with it.
Your transaction maybe never got to the miners because you were trying to send it from old client which was only connetcted to old clients.

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I updated my wallets and they were totally fine!!

Me too.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I updated my wallets and they were totally fine!!
legendary
I made a 64-bit build of Windows wallet, it gives about 30-40% more hashrate: http://spreadcoin.net/files/SpreadCoin.7z

for 64bit builds you could try to integrate the avx/sse3 improvements from darcoin cpuminer. This should make mining even faster.
I made a 64-bit build of Windows wallet, it gives about 30-40% more hashrate: http://spreadcoin.net/files/SpreadCoin.7z
Info.plist was still poiting to darkcoin executables. You possibly need to change some packaging property to point to the right executable before building.
I fixed this, running OS X build now, will update soon. EDIT: OS X build updated

The backup did not synchronize with the network, created a new wallet and sent it the old to the new, when first starting the new wallet had not received anything.
All I sent for the new wallet returned to the former when used the backup again. (did not send my old wallet spread)
Not of to recover. My old funds did not work with the new version do not know why.
I'm not sure what exactly you did, is there some problem with SpreadCoin client? Do you still have your old wallet? If you will describe in details what exactly was the problem and what you did then probably I will be able to help you.

2 - cleaned everything in% appdata% (including wallet date), ready everything was working standard (minig, etc).

6 - cleaned everything in% appdata% and pasted the backup in place the new wallet

7 - open the new portfolio waited sync and ready (had not received even a spread)

Changed my passphrase and I forgot to save the wallet date with the new passphrase. (ready LOST ALL)  Embarrassed

If you still have your old wallet.dat then you can still recover all your coins. You just need to replace your current wallet.dat with it.
Your transaction maybe never got to the miners because you were trying to send it from old client which was only connetcted to old clients.
legendary

The old wallet is unable to send to the new wallet. What you need to do is recover the backup of your old wallet BEFORE spending all the coins and then replace it over the new wallet after it has synched.

If you are unable to do that, you can still find out all the privkeys in your wallet.dat and import them on the new wallet (hard work, but can be done, for 42K you'll have about 6000 privkeys to import)

Jump to: