Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 420. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
@Dev,
Is it possible for SpreadX11 aglo to be cracked by FPGA or ASIC with low cost?
I'm not an FPGA or ASIC designer so I can't tell you this for sure. It is at least not easier than X11 and I believe it is actually harder because it is more complicated. Although X11 is used as part of this algorithm even if you already have X11 FPGA design it doesn't meant that you can easily adapt it to SpreadCoin.

Well, there are FPGA and ASIC algos for RSA, so it should not be hard to implement ECDSA. But even if ECDSA is not efficient in ASIC, X11 is so much more efficient that you can have hybrid solutions and immensely improve performance by using ASIC (use ASIC for the X11 hashing and leaving the signing to be done by GPU, for example). You would not be able to use some specific X11 hardware (some already exist in the wild, though not commercially available) because of the block size, but changing the project to deal with larger blocks is quite trivial because only the "blake" part needs to be altered.

The point is: ASIC needs a huge initial investment, and currently, with low prices for cryptocoins, not even regular X11 has a market big enough for it to be profitable. AFAIK, not even scrypt hardware is profitable (for the manufacturers) anymore. So i wouldn't expect anyone investing in ASIC or FPGA for Spreadcoin unless it becomes even more accepted than litecoin or doge...
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
We hate FPGA & ASIC.
But a GPU miner is warmly welcomed to come.  Grin
Activity: 122
No algo can resist for FPGA or ASIC for long as long as it is profibale enough.
Activity: 210
@Dev,
I'm not an FPGA or ASIC designer so I can't tell you this for sure. It is at least not easier than X11 and I believe it is actually harder because it is more complicated. Although X11 is used as part of this algorithm even if you already have X11 FPGA design it doesn't meant that you can easily adapt it to SpreadCoin.
Activity: 123
@Dev,
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
Here is a rough plan of what should be done:
1. Write whitepaper. It is harder for me to write texts than to write code but I'm working on it.
2. Optimize CPU mining using code from existing X11 CPU miners. I'm working on it.
3. GPU miner. It is cool that we can still mine on CPUs but someone can make a GPU miner and use it privately. It would be better if we will have GPU miner available to everyone.
4. Make a better website. I'm not a web designer so I will need some help here.
5. Besides of that we need some promotion. Probably here are people who are more experienced in this and can help. In particular BITDV wanted to work on this.
Seems that there is a strong opposition to adding SpreadCoin to exchanges right now so I didn't add it to this list.

We can offer reward (in spreadcoins) for someone who will work on these tasks.

Well. Thank you for the list.
I offer bounty 1000+1000 SPR exclusively for the developer, for the first two items of the list.
(Sorry for the loss of your SPRs, maybe this reinforcement will help a bit  Wink )
I really appreciate your work.

Regards,
Andy

I'll match A-tm's bounties for the DEV (1000+1000 SPR) for first 2 items, plus:

1000 SPR bounty for #3 - GPU Miner
1000 SPR bounty for #5 - Promotion
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
1. Write whitepaper. It is harder for me to write texts than to write code but I'm working on it.
2. Optimize CPU mining using code from existing X11 CPU miners. I'm working on it.
3. GPU miner. It is cool that we can still mine on CPUs but someone can make a GPU miner and use it privately. It would be better if we will have GPU miner available to everyone.
5. Besides of that we need some promotion. Probably here are people who are more experienced in this and can help. In particular BITDV wanted to work on this.
Seems that there is a strong opposition to adding SpreadCoin to exchanges right now so I didn't add it to this list.

Well. Thank you for the list.
I offer bounty 1000+1000 SPR exclusively for the developer, for the first two items of the list.
(Sorry for the loss of your SPRs, maybe this reinforcement will help a bit  Wink )
I really appreciate your work.

Regards,
Andy

Activity: 189
I also think it would not be a good option , an exchange now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Vote for SpreadCoin to be added on Ask Coin here:
https://askcoin.net/votes

Is it not too early?

Who will buy this coin, if there are so few miners?
First, there should be greater interest in it...

You will ruin the price right now.

The coin should first take attention somehow, then there will be buyers.

Regards,
Andy

I don't want to see this coin on any exchanges yet either.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Is it not too early?

Who will buy this coin, if there are so few miners?
First, there should be greater interest in it...

You will ruin the price right now.

The coin should first take attention somehow, then there will be buyers.

Regards,
Andy
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
Dev,
What's probability of setting up a pool or solo mining with multi-miners?
50% or what?
As already stated there will be no pools. What do you mean by solo mining with multi-miners? Automatically switching mined coins?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Fair distribustion,I like this coin
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
no pool,no exchange ,what's this shit about?

There were no pools, no GPU mining and no exchanges for bitcoin back in the day. What shit are you on about?
Activity: 123
Dev,
What's probability of setting up a pool or solo mining with multi-miners?
50% or what?
Activity: 189

I think better than having exchanges, would be if there was a real market where we could trade goods and services. The coins seeking exchanges lose their value with the help of speculators.  Smiley
Is there any way to know, how many clients in a network are mining?
and/or
how many clients are on the network alltogether?

just for fun

Regards,
Andy
If you look in debug.log you can see lines such as
Code:
BTTrackers: announced on 62.210.137.203:1337, next announce in 1864 seeconds, got 18 peers:
So there are should be 18 peers although I have 19 connections. Also you can see peer numbers for some events like peer=125, peer=10. According to these numbers my client saw at least 125 peers.

There is no easy way to know how many people are mining. You will need to connect to as many peers as you can and watch how many peers will send you new blocks.

Exactly, this is about decentralization, there will be no pools.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Is there any way to know, how many clients in a network are mining? and/or how many clients are on the network alltogether? just for fun

I came across a reference to a node crawler a few days ago, I grabbed the source but haven't had chance to try it out yet. If'n'when I do, I'll report back.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Jump to: