Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 75. (Read 810076 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
We should make it so that everyone can see the name of your masternode!

That would be cool.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
I plan to name my masternodes after banks and other financial institutions. e.g. Wells Fargo, as I foresee this being ultimately a profitable endeavor  
legendary
Crypto since 2014
WTB 5k spr for 0.28 BTC.

It's worth a try. Smiley
legendary
Crypto since 2014
I'm going to call all my master nodes 'Joshua' after the AI computer in War Games.

Joshua 1, 2, etc.

There is a reason for this. I'll keep it under wraps for a bit until I flesh out the details a little more.

But its going to be big. Like huge, big  Grin
I'll call mine WOPR.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I'm going to call all my master nodes 'Joshua' after the AI computer in War Games.

Joshua 1, 2, etc.

There is a reason for this. I'll keep it under wraps for a bit until I flesh out the details a little more.

But its going to be big. Like huge, big  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
-snip-

Master Nodes can do so many things. They are an endless pit of opportunities.

I like:

* Being able to predict the future outcome of things influenced by human behaviour.  Crowdsourcing the likely outcome of an event would give SPR investors an edge over decision making they can invest / gamble against.

* I have a pet like for sourcing magnet links for torrents.

* Using Master Nodes to lock in and hold one to one, or one to many, or many to one bets, would be great.

* There is no reason why openbazaar couldn't run on Master Nodes. Might need Darksend to do that.

A while back I suggested Master Nodes could be used to generate predictions of outcomes based on wisdom of the crowd.

Today, some bastard announces that they are going to do that. And. They are going to raise funds through a crowd sale:

http://www.augur.net/
http://www.coindesk.com/augur-future-blockchain-prediction-market/

So, I think there are a few things we can do with Master Nodes. Maybe we need to keep them quiet for a bit until we agree what to focus on?

By this logic we should all estimate the price in... July? Maybe make a pole. I am on my mobile now.
legendary
-snip-

Master Nodes can do so many things. They are an endless pit of opportunities.

I like:

* Being able to predict the future outcome of things influenced by human behaviour.  Crowdsourcing the likely outcome of an event would give SPR investors an edge over decision making they can invest / gamble against.

* I have a pet like for sourcing magnet links for torrents.

* Using Master Nodes to lock in and hold one to one, or one to many, or many to one bets, would be great.

* There is no reason why openbazaar couldn't run on Master Nodes. Might need Darksend to do that.

A while back I suggested Master Nodes could be used to generate predictions of outcomes based on wisdom of the crowd.

Today, some bastard announces that they are going to do that. And. They are going to raise funds through a crowd sale:

http://www.augur.net/
http://www.coindesk.com/augur-future-blockchain-prediction-market/

So, I think there are a few things we can do with Master Nodes. Maybe we need to keep them quiet for a bit until we agree what to focus on?
legendary
Hi Spreaders!

spreadcoin.net went down & brough down certain functionality the IRC bot was relying on, I have decided to self-host spreadcoind for the required purpose.

Fixed IRC bot is up and running again.

Feel free to calculate & stay updated, type !help for the list of commands.

Good for you, well done and thanks!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hi Spreaders!

spreadcoin.net went down & brough down certain functionality the IRC bot was relying on, I have decided to self-host spreadcoind for the required purpose.

Fixed IRC bot is up and running again.

Feel free to calculate & stay updated, type !help for the list of commands.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
When there is a development fund, I owe it 500 SPR, courtesy of minerpage who is donating his winnings to the fund.

Georgem, if you purchased the domain name, perhaps you should get the 500SPR, and the domain can then belong to the community?

Ok, but how can we make a domain community-owned?
Do you know a registrar that allows multiple ownership?

you just say: hey, I pass ownership of ........... to the SPR community and will not make any ownership claims, now or in the future.  If I continue to administer the .......... domain name, it will be for the benefit of the community.

I am the custodian of the domainname spreadcoin.info and everything forum related (spreadcointalk.org/net/com) and I will always act for the benefit of the community.
I do not claim ownership of these domains, they belong to the community, I just keep the domains intact and updated and pay the necessary bills.
If I am one day not capable or interested anymore in doing this (can't imagine why ATM), I will openly communicate it, and transfer all domains back to the community.

Maybe there is also a registrar out there that allows multiple ownership of domains, I will check this. We need to have something in place for when people get sick or die.

I know that something like this exists for swiss domains: *.ch , where you can really have additional members owning the same domain, and when something changes (like IP of domain, or who pays the bill) then atleast 2 of 3 people have to agree, etc...
Activity: 268
When there is a development fund, I owe it 500 SPR, courtesy of minerpage who is donating his winnings to the fund.

I am matching that 500SPR and add an additional 5000SPR to the development fund
legendary

Georgem, if you purchased the domain name, perhaps you should get the 500SPR, and the domain can then belong to the community?

you just say: hey, I pass ownership of ........... to the SPR community and will not make any ownership claims, now or in the future.  If I continue to administer the .......... domain name, it will be for the benefit of the community.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Who knows what the address for the development fund?

Is there one controlled by georgem?

No, here is a range of tasks I am involved with:

I am running the forum at the moment.

I am also willing to create animations to promote spreadcoin, once we have picked up the pieces.

To help with those two things (forum + animations) was my original plan when I joined spreadcoin 2 months ago.

But now that Mr. Spread has disappeared, I currently also try to understand and adjust his Code, and the whole development cycle of a coin.
(how to setup a new blockchain/fork, genesisblock, seednodes, compile wallets for all systems, etc...)
I have 20 years of programming experience (but I don't have a deep understanding of C++ yet), and love the opportunity I get here, it is hard but I am a fast learner!  Cool

PS: No, I don't control any SPR funds, except my own stash. Everything I control is forum related, plus I recently registered spreadcoin.info, to create a new website should Mr. Spread never reappear.
PS2: I don't know if there even is a development fund at the moment. Maybe ask MyFarm?

If there is a possibility to take care of this development fund, I would like to do-it...  Smiley
legendary
spreadcoin.info

No, here is a range of tasks I am involved with:

I am running the forum at the moment.

I am also willing to create animations to promote spreadcoin, once we have picked up the pieces.

To help with those two things (forum + animations) was my original plan when I joined spreadcoin 2 months ago.

But now that Mr. Spread has disappeared, I currently also try to understand and adjust his Code, and the whole development cycle of a coin.
(how to setup a new blockchain/fork, genesisblock, seednodes, compile wallets for all systems, etc...)
I have 20 years of programming experience (but I don't have a deep understanding of C++ yet), and love the opportunity I get here, it is hard but I am a fast learner!  Cool

PS: No, I don't control any SPR funds, except my own stash. Everything I control is forum related, plus I recently registered spreadcoin.info, to create a new website should Mr. Spread never reappear.
PS2: I don't know if there even is a development fund at the moment. Maybe ask MyFarm?
legendary

legendary
Let me simplify this for everyone who decided to write whatever popped into their head instead of doing actual research.

-Mr. Spread's wallets still have 63,000 SPR in them. (He didn't dump)
-Mr. Spread has been missing for 2 weeks now.
-Several of the guys over at Spreadcointalk (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php) have taken the project on themselves
-They are currently developing it.
-The SPR community has undergone two rounds of testing (which were both successful)
-The next round only needs a few tweaks to make it perfect
- All this time "bag-holders" lost a huge part of their investment.
-Most of us who have been here for awhile are here because the coin is brilliant.

Ideas for Master Nodes are coming through. One or two of them will be put forward for development. That should attract lots of other developers to the project.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Activity: 406
Let me simplify this for everyone who decided to write whatever popped into their head instead of doing actual research.

-Mr. Spread's wallets still have 63,000 SPR in them. (He didn't dump)
-Mr. Spread has been missing for 2 weeks now.
-Several of the guys over at Spreadcointalk (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php) have taken the project on themselves
-They are currently developing it.
-The SPR community has undergone two rounds of testing (which were both successful)
-The next round only needs a few tweaks to make it perfect
- At this time "bag-holders" lost a huge part of their investment.
-Most of us who have been here for awhile are here because the coin is brilliant.
Pages:
Jump to: