Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage - page 40. (Read 400953 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
There's something in the terms that suggests BTC raised from this round faces the risk of being diluted to 10% in a future round. I'll see if I can dig up the reference - could the dev elaborate on this?

Here it is:

http://storj.io/CrowdsaleTerms.pdf

"To reward early adopters, holders of SJCX at the time of creation of new coins will automaticallybe given at least a 10% stake in the new versions of Storjcoin. This will allow us, and other 3rdparties to experiment with new blockchain technology before integrating it into SJCX, butmaking sure that SJCX holders get their fair share in the interim"

So whatever stake a buyer gets could be diluted by 90% in some future round? Am I reading this right?

No, this doesn't mean new SJCX will be created, they mean that they might create other decentralized apps with their own coins, and if you have a SJCX you get a share in those new projects too - sort of like Bitshares PTS.

so by new versions of SJCX you dont mean that the coins (and coin system) that's currently being presold might be replaced by something else that replaces the entire system. You're only talking about additional stakes in supplemental apps that will be build on top of the foundation. So people will retain the same stake they had at the start a it wont be diluted?
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
What's the current amount of coins in circulation?
Including dev's and community pools.

Nobody from dev team will answer my question?
I wanna know what happened to all the coins that were supposed to be sold in crowd sale.
910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

Silence means dev team is keeping the rest and will dump it on every1....

3.5 million or 35 million? I multiplied the amount of coins you get for 1 btc which is 38,500 coins with 910 btc and got 35 million.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
There's something in the terms that suggests BTC raised from this round faces the risk of being diluted to 10% in a future round. I'll see if I can dig up the reference - could the dev elaborate on this?

Here it is:

"To reward early adopters, holders of SJCX at the time of creation of new coins will automaticallybe given at least a 10% stake in the new versions of Storjcoin. This will allow us, and other 3rdparties to experiment with new blockchain technology before integrating it into SJCX, butmaking sure that SJCX holders get their fair share in the interim"

So whatever stake a buyer gets could be diluted by 90% in some future round? Am I reading this right?

No, this doesn't mean new SJCX will be created, they mean that they might create other decentralized apps with their own coins, and if you have a SJCX you get a share in those new projects too - sort of like Bitshares PTS.

Here it is:

So you mean I should go through all this forum and try to find an answer for the most basic question of a future investor Huh

Seems ridiculous to me and unprofessional...
There is an OP to this thread and it should have been updated already with all the juicy details...

I wanna know what happened to all the coins that were supposed to be sold in crowd sale.
910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

They aren't keeping them. They will be added to the coins available during early mining or used as part of future crowdsales for additional projects (decentralized youtube, imgur etc). I don't think they've announced the precise breakdown but you can get more information on this from storjtalk.org.

Yeah they don't have the best communication and they seem to want to delay decisions to the last moment when actually people need to know before then, which is a shame because its a really interesting idea with lots of potential.
Activity: 686
im looking at the crowdsale there are 3 stage right that need to be completed or are the other two not gonna happen

Crowdsale ended 18 august, target was 9800BTC (raised 910).

Phase 1
0 - 1,800 BTC 38,500 SJCX per Bitcoin.

Phase 2
1,800 - 4,800 BTC 36,750 SJCX per Bitcoin.

Phase 3
4,800 - 9,800 BTC 32,480 SJCX per Bitcoin.

IPO IS OVER! ( Undecided )

well this is just not good as it will cause dilution. with an extra 465million coming dilution is too much you could be looking at 300sats
Activity: 341
So you mean I should go through all this forum and try to find an answer for the most basic question of a future investor Huh

Seems ridiculous to me and unprofessional...
There is an OP to this thread and it should have been updated already with all the juicy details...

910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

They aren't keeping them. They will be added to the coins available during early mining or used as part of future crowdsales for additional projects (decentralized youtube, imgur etc). I don't think they've announced the precise breakdown but you can get more information on this from storjtalk.org.

910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

yes im waiting  for that too

910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
im looking at the crowdsale there are 3 stage right that need to be completed or are the other two not gonna happen

Crowdsale ended 18 august, target was 9800BTC (raised 910).

Phase 1
0 - 1,800 BTC 38,500 SJCX per Bitcoin.

Phase 2
1,800 - 4,800 BTC 36,750 SJCX per Bitcoin.

Phase 3
4,800 - 9,800 BTC 32,480 SJCX per Bitcoin.

IPO IS OVER! ( Undecided )

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Decentralized Jihad
Well, the crowdsale is over. How do I participate Medadisk and DriveShare beta test? Why is the topic still not updated? Roadmap?

And how about marketing? More then 900 BTC is fair enough to start marketing comaign.

I expected something more then deathly silence in this topic after launch.
Activity: 334
Merit: 10
My bitcoins have been sending for 22 minutes from the Counterwallet. This is great...
Activity: 334
So if my BTC aren't confirmed in my XCP wallet within the about 37 minutes from now, I'm screwed? Coinbase & Blockchain are slow af.....
when will be launched?

Beta launch will start as soon as the crowdsale finishes I think, but its being rolled out in stages and to start off with you can only uses it if you have bought coins in the pre-sale.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
when will be launched?
Activity: 79
After syscoin and eth,i decide to invest this coin though most ppl think this is crazy Grin
Pages:
Jump to: