Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 127. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
is Sumokoin still profitable enough for miners, particularly AMD miners?
If I set my hashrates to WhatToMine then SUMO is second best for profit after ETH today.

If electric bill is free, anything is profitable!

If your electricity bill if free then Ether is more profitable than Sumo (or other Cyyptonote coins), but I found that Ethash miners take about 20%-25% more electricity than Cryptonote miners. Even if Ether is more profitable if electricity cost are a factor then Sumo is more profitable.
I found I can't rely on Whattomine to give real-world power consumption values, mine are always higher than what Whattomine says.

My rig mining Ethash = 920 W, mining Cryptonote= 640 W from the wall. I love cryptonote for mining  Cheesy
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
@jp it is on you to decide Wink perhaps wait until dev merged subadresses  Wink
Activity: 429
Merit: 259
@Germining yeah, but there's already 3 coins using cryptonight with active development exactly like sumo, i'm trying to gather the differential from Sumo to others, so far i've only found the h-huge premine and nice UI/UX developments. I see the devs with nice intentions, but this alone cant make up for.
@sumogr, [...]have proven their skill up to now and they deliver on what they promise on time.[...], what are they promising?

"There is no competition whatsoever." If you wants to become the better, you are competing, if you dont wants to become the better, theres no reason to lives.

But you don't have to compete with everybody... Sumokoin's DEV clearly stated that they respect Monero and they even collect donations. So imho there is no competition between xmr and sumo.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
If I set my hashrates to WhatToMine then SUMO is second best for profit after ETH today.

If your electricity bill if free then Ether is more profitable than Sumo (or other Cyyptonote coins), but I found that Ethash miners take about 20%-25% more electricity than Cryptonote miners. Even if Ether is more profitable if electricity cost are a factor then Sumo is more profitable.
I found I can't rely on Whattomine to give real-world power consumption values, mine are always higher than what Whattomine says.
 @sumogr, [...]have proven their skill up to now and they deliver on what they promise on time.[...], what are they promising?

"There is no competition whatsoever." If you wants to become the better, you are competing, if you dont wants to become the better, theres no reason to lives.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
I'm trying to understand the whole project, but the only differences from monero seems to be the nice UI/UX programs and some minor(unnecessary) parameters changes, yet a big premine. Also this sentence "Sumokoin aims at stability while Monero gets breakthroughs via a series of hardforks (that may put some pressure on exchanges/payment services). It does not mean there won't be any hardfork in Sumokoin, but not in near future (probably not in years).", this doesn't seems like an advantage for you.

Moreover, i dont even see this as backup, because we already have Boolberry, Aeon, and even Karbowanec, with 0% premine.

I would suggest to study the roadmap and take a closer look to the coin's development. Indeed for anyone hitting upon the coin by chance the first impression created is similar to yours.

Im indeed wants to come in to the project, but again, i dont see significantly changes from the upstream to suceed my interest, please TL;DR to your words, so i can have a reference @sumogr.

If it's ok, in order not to repeat the same things again i ll paste you the reply i gave to another crypto enthousiast at Sumokoin's mining thread

It was an overstatement.

There are no major differences between Sumokoin and Monero besides the pow diff algo ( which in my very humble opinion is better and more responsive than all cryptonight coins, giving a hard time to cpu farms and botnets thus making the coin more profitable to miners https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/10 ), the RingCT from the start (thus having no traceable legacy in its blockchain), the 12 mixins from day one (which is an overkill in terms of privacy) and the better emission scheme (this last one is just a personal and subjective opinion of mine, i cannot prove it).

Sumokoin is only 6 months old but it has a solid GUI wallet for all OSs ( Windows, Linux, Mac ), its very profitable to mine ( most of the time it is the most profitable cryptonight coin on whattomine ), has a nice, big community, lots of pools ( www.sumopools.com ), will implement subaddresses in the next GUI version the following month ( so will Monero I guess ), a very good roadmap and 4 devs that have proven their skill up to now and they deliver on what they promise on time.

We strive to grow alongside Monero and not against it. There is no competition whatsoever. Monero will always be the first and 100% private cryptonote based coin and will be a pioneer in all future developments. Our devs strive to follow Monero's path and wherever they think its possible improve and implement some of its features
Very nice, thanks for explanation Smiley I will more look at it by myself.
I'm trying to understand the whole project, but the only differences from monero seems to be the nice UI/UX programs and some minor(unnecessary) parameters changes, yet a big premine. Also this sentence "Sumokoin aims at stability while Monero gets breakthroughs via a series of hardforks (that may put some pressure on exchanges/payment services). It does not mean there won't be any hardfork in Sumokoin, but not in near future (probably not in years).", this doesn't seems like an advantage for you.

Moreover, i dont even see this as backup, because we already have Boolberry, Aeon, and even Karbowanec, with 0% premine.

I would suggest to study the roadmap and take a closer look to the coin's development. Indeed for anyone hitting upon the coin by chance the first impression created is similar to yours.

Im indeed wants to come in to the project, but again, i dont see significantly changes from the upstream to suceed my interest, please TL;DR to your words, so i can have a reference @sumogr.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Devs.
You will change the coin icon on cryptopia? There's an old design))) Smiley
Yes, devs, could you change the coin icon, please? And what about your future transaction fees?
Activity: 53
[GUIDE][AMD][NVIDIA][CPU][XMR]How to Mine Monero / Sumokoin + Miners Downloads ⛏
Now we are dripping into the future, mining and immediately selling too early ...
Activity: 53
Devs.
You will change the coin icon on cryptopia? There's an old design))) Smiley
Hey guys...

A lot of love here. I like it  Smiley Soon the block-reward gets higher, so even better to start mining now! You guys can all help so spread the word about Sumokoin. It is easy and doesn't cost you a single penny!

Follow Sumokoin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sumokoin

Check and write on Sumokoin-Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/sumokoin
Activity: 1
Congratulations to the developers for all the hard work that has been done.
I truly believe that the coin will flourish in the cryptomarket !

One of the main things the coin needs, it's to enter to a more popular exchange in order to grow faster.

Also I would like to ask a question about the wallet that is very nice. Every time I open it I need to run it as an administrator in order to resync with the network (Win7 64bit).
Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it should be?
Also for all the Europe miners that wont to mine join the new Sumokoin mining pool http://mine.sumoko.in/ since we are few there and it takes aprx 4 days per block Cheesy

Keep mining and keep up the good work !!!
Cheers !

Activity: 36
This has been one of my favorite coins in the market for quite some time now. I'm STILL gobsmacked that this is STILL below $1M market cap. It's ludicrous.
I'll keep holding my SUMO, I'll keep mining SUMO, and I'll keep sticking around for the releases of the Development Path—all of which have been delivered without fail thus far. It speaks for itself.
Activity: 2
Hi guys, I have been mining sumokoin for several weeks and decided to support it deploying my own pool:

http://sumo.elevenpool.com

Total Pool Fee: 0.5 %

Feel free to promote it, mining in it, and contribute to decentralize network.

I wait for you, happy mining Wink
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Best regards to SUMO dev team, keep up the good work. Seriously undervalued this coin imo, just bought several hundred more.
Jump to: