Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 132. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 0
Thank you itslukebenz, you pointed me to the right direction!!
What did the trick was the regeneration of the whole wallet using the electrum seed with ./sumo-wallet-cli --trusted-daemon --restore-deterministic-wallet
Just to check our deamon, i retried it from scratch with ./sumo-wallet-cli --daemon-address 127.0.0.1:19734 --restore-deterministic-wallet which also worked!

I had tried several things as:
Resync deamon from scratch on the linux system
Run and sync from scratch local deamon on my windows system and sync the wallet with the windows sumo-wallet-cli
Delete the .bin file of the wallet and resync with each of the above

But none of them worked.
One thing that kept my eye was that in both systems when i resynced by deleting the bin file, it was skipping by thousands the height up until ~49000...

I do have one question though, do i have to run the rpc and the cli for the pool to work correctly? Can they work at the same time using the same .bin file?

P.S. itslukebenz thank you again!

You don’t have to but yes you can and I do. Glad it worked! Smiley
Activity: 2
Thank you itslukebenz, you pointed me to the right direction!!
What did the trick was the regeneration of the whole wallet using the electrum seed with ./sumo-wallet-cli --trusted-daemon --restore-deterministic-wallet
Just to check our deamon, i retried it from scratch with ./sumo-wallet-cli --daemon-address 127.0.0.1:19734 --restore-deterministic-wallet which also worked!

I had tried several things as:
Resync deamon from scratch on the linux system
Run and sync from scratch local deamon on my windows system and sync the wallet with the windows sumo-wallet-cli
Delete the .bin file of the wallet and resync with each of the above

But none of them worked.
One thing that kept my eye was that in both systems when i resynced by deleting the bin file, it was skipping by thousands the height up until ~49000...

I do have one question though, do i have to run the rpc and the cli for the pool to work correctly? Can they work at the same time using the same .bin file?

P.S. itslukebenz thank you again!
Hi guys,

We have set up a pool for sumokoin and gave it a go using the latest linux binaries. The miner currently connected found a block 2 days ago. The admin console reports that is is found and that there are 31 sumo pending for that miners address. The problem is that we have not received the payment. The pool wallet says 0 balance...!!!

Has anyone seen this before? What can be done? Is there any way that we can identify that the transfer was or wasn't performed at all? If this is something that "can happen", then a rethinking is eminent...
You can have a look at http://sumopool.poolele.com

Thank you

The Poolele.com Team

Hi,

If you're already running the rpc and/or cli wallet in the background, then type: pkill -f tmux
Try this:

Delete your wallet files and logs, but save the mnemonic seed before!
Then tmux
./sumo-wallet-cli --trusted-daemon
Restore your wallet from mnemonic seed
Then login
Press Ctrl+b, then d
Type tmux again
./sumo-wallet-rpc --rpc-bind-port 19735 --daemon-port 19734 --wallet-file YOURWALLETFILENAME
Then login
Press Ctrl+b, then d

I think that’s how I done it, I can’t remember the order so it might be rpc first and cli after.
If it doesn't work then join us on telegram, someone will definitely help you.
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
The github isn't very active. Is any work being done outside of github?

Dev are working on subadresses right now. Since this is a big deal, not much communication is happening. Check out the roadmap on the homepage...
Activity: 29
The github isn't very active. Is any work being done outside of github?
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Hi guys,

We have set up a pool for sumokoin and gave it a go using the latest linux binaries. The miner currently connected found a block 2 days ago. The admin console reports that is is found and that there are 31 sumo pending for that miners address. The problem is that we have not received the payment. The pool wallet says 0 balance...!!!

Has anyone seen this before? What can be done? Is there any way that we can identify that the transfer was or wasn't performed at all? If this is something that "can happen", then a rethinking is eminent...

Thank you

The Poolele.com Team

Hey (I assume you are a fellow german ...  Grin ). What min. payout and what payout schedule did you set up? If you want to discuss, join our telegram channel. There are lots of pool owners and devs to help you out.
Activity: 2
Hi guys,

Thank you

The Poolele.com Team
Activity: 30
So is this intended to complement Monero / AEON? Or would it provide similar service in a different region/group. Im on board totally with this family of coins, but Just trying to see what people think is different about them. Specifically this and AEON.

Basically SUMO is a Monero clone with the fastest growing community and fair developers. It demonstrated that it can survive attacks and implement solid fixes without disrupting functionality of the code. Stable and continuous development and open communication from dev team makes me believe that this is "LTC to Monero". It doesn't have a lot of resources like Monero, but it's obvious there is a way more dynamic progress - GUI wallet, easy miner etc.. in just a few months.

In contrast to that Aeon is considered to be a light version of Monero, mostly due to participation of smooth, who with his professor-like rhetoric is able to manipulate community into believing in the future and supporting what I consider a dead coin (now it's a second time it went dead). Despite the weak code it was pumped recently and miners are heavily pushing diff higher. Once they start to shift large amount of coins around they may realize how weak the code is. There is two years period where only fixes were implemented in a very unprofessional way ( no testing, rollback, fix of a fix..) and to me it still looks very outdated, missing features and eating all memory. While it is marketed as cryptonote-light, it's just minor tweak of protocol to make it look like you get double hashing power and more revenue. It is still not using db to store the blockchain and randomly strange things can happen. I was not able to send coins for a week, transaction went out but was not confirmed for days. Rescan of the wallet showed coins again, but transfer was not possible due to "invalid transaction". To me as end user it is a platform I don't trust at all.

Anyway I wish bright future to both coins and supporters of them and I hope next year there will be finally some real world usage of SUMO and massive growth in traded volume.

Thanks that was helpful.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
SUMOKOIN had a vanity address generator. That was a nice touch. I don't see nice touches in altcoins much...
So is this intended to complement Monero / AEON? Or would it provide similar service in a different region/group. Im on board totally with this family of coins, but Just trying to see what people think is different about them. Specifically this and AEON.

Basically SUMO is a Monero clone with the fastest growing community and fair developers. It demonstrated that it can survive attacks and implement solid fixes without disrupting functionality of the code. Stable and continuous development and open communication from dev team makes me believe that this is "LTC to Monero". It doesn't have a lot of resources like Monero, but it's obvious there is a way more dynamic progress - GUI wallet, easy miner etc.. in just a few months.

In contrast to that Aeon is considered to be a light version of Monero, mostly due to participation of smooth, who with his professor-like rhetoric is able to manipulate community into believing in the future and supporting what I consider a dead coin (now it's a second time it went dead). Despite the weak code it was pumped recently and miners are heavily pushing diff higher. Once they start to shift large amount of coins around they may realize how weak the code is. There is two years period where only fixes were implemented in a very unprofessional way ( no testing, rollback, fix of a fix..) and to me it still looks very outdated, missing features and eating all memory. While it is marketed as cryptonote-light, it's just minor tweak of protocol to make it look like you get double hashing power and more revenue. It is still not using db to store the blockchain and randomly strange things can happen. I was not able to send coins for a week, transaction went out but was not confirmed for days. Rescan of the wallet showed coins again, but transfer was not possible due to "invalid transaction". To me as end user it is a platform I don't trust at all.

Anyway I wish bright future to both coins and supporters of them and I hope next year there will be finally some real world usage of SUMO and massive growth in traded volume.

I think I'll save this comment for the next time a fudder from AEON comes around. LOL
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
I cant sync. Blocks stuck at 2001/160 days using linux64 latest binary.

Is there other way?
Boostrap?

cant see any on github.
THanks.

blockchain.raw is only at height 31976.
please update blockchain.raw on the website as synching is awfully painful.
Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y02m43ms03g5rjl/AAAZHv0y2kIQUhGFU-01WGqea?dl=0
Activity: 203
Merit: 10

Is there other way?
Boostrap?

cant see any on github.
THanks.

blockchain.raw is only at height 31976.
please update blockchain.raw on the website as synching is awfully painful.
Thanks.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
By the way,

http://www.sumopools.com/

(created by community member Phil Robinson)
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
people with sync problems enter telegram channel.

And devs are working the full roadmap, that´s what premines serve for, having a permanent inside team...

I just cashed very good profits with ZenCash, and i´m  exited to see where sumo can get... 10$ by Q1 2018?
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
it looks like devs are not really working on the coin anymore sadly ;(
Sorry but I think you are wrong. If I don't remember badly, they are working on subadresses and the 22nd is a new wallet version.
He wants to buy cheap sumo Cheesy
Activity: 93
Sorry but I think you are wrong. If I don't remember badly, they are working on subadresses and the 22nd is a new wallet version.
Activity: 203
Merit: 10

Is there other way?
Boostrap?

cant see any on github.
THanks.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
Activity: 30
Jump to: