Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 198. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Global Hashrate and Block Height is stuck at 19506 for the past 4-5 hours. Do we have a fork?

A hardfork to solve this issue is highly considered now by devs. Here is a good read https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/issues/3

Better now than later as it will be more difficult to implement it later since the coin is advertised as needing no forks.
( In any case I understand that money are wasted to move the blockchain when the difficulty is high and there is no nicehasher smelling profit Smiley so it has to be done asap )

There is no harm to fork if there is a flaw that brings the coin down, I think
Activity: 119
Global Hashrate and Block Height is stuck at 19506 for the past 4-5 hours. Do we have a fork?

A hardfork to solve this issue is highly considered now by devs. Here is a good read https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/issues/3

Thank you for staying on top of this, I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciates it.

Much academic read and test to implement good flash-hashing protection algorithm, however
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

Better now than later as it will be more difficult to implement it later since the coin is advertised as needing no forks.
( In any case I understand that money are wasted to move the blockchain when the difficulty is high and there is no nicehasher smelling profit Smiley so it has to be done asap )
Activity: 94

Thank you for staying on top of this, I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciates it.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
i have great hopes for this one.

Me too, for me this coin is going to be one of the best investments. SUMO can reach 10-20M market cap before end of the year but it can be a lot bigger. Can't wait for bittrex!!

Absolutely, 10-20M is totally achievable by what this coin is and how hard the devs are working on. Pretty sure its one of the only coins with a low market cap that has 3 devs.
It would be cool that if the devs could make a list of things for us to work on, for example, a brand new logo, or create a wiki, or integration to online stores, online votes to add SUMO to other markets and things like that!
Activity: 8

Me too, for me this coin is going to be one of the best investments. SUMO can reach 10-20M market cap before end of the year but it can be a lot bigger. Can't wait for bittrex!!
Oh and the diffi cant adjust downwards when no blocks are found Wink right now its like 1 every 2 hours imagine how long it take to be there where it should be

Do you think the problem will go away once there are enough "organic" miners?
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Oh and the diffi cant adjust downwards when no blocks are found Wink right now its like 1 every 2 hours imagine how long it take to be there where it should be
Activity: 58

Yes, it's clear that will solve the problem only genuine total network capacity.
We wait until the new exchange, then there will be new miners and the problem will disappear itself .

Do you know if there is any work done to get the exchange onto new exchanges? Thank you.

DEV is working on it. It will be launched on Bittrex after the wallet is released.

Yes, we are all here waiting..)

just waitting for good news ..if launched on Bittrex ...your kown what i mean

Great, Bittrex will be great for SUMO!
He do not get one block every 2 minutes, he gets much more and the rest gets like nothing, because we have do deal with the high difficulty and he joins as soon as the diff gets lower. A quick fix would be du adjust the diffculty much fast every 30 blocks would destroy his profit
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Newbie question: is there any way to check online the current number of wallets / hashrate of the nework, without downloading any files?

Network hashrate https://pool.sumokoin.com/
Difficulty: 464868197
Hash Rate: 1.94 MH/sec
 Sad
Newbie question: is there any way to check online the current number of wallets / hashrate of the nework, without downloading any files?
Activity: 285
Merit: 35

Yes, it's clear that will solve the problem only genuine total network capacity.
We wait until the new exchange, then there will be new miners and the problem will disappear itself .

Do you know if there is any work done to get the exchange onto new exchanges? Thank you.

DEV is working on it. It will be launched on Bittrex after the wallet is released.

just waitting for good news ..if launched on Bittrex ...your kown what i mean
Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

Do you know if there is any work done to get the coin onto new exchanges? Thank you.
Activity: 367
Merit: 250

We all know that's a big problem but I don't think simply block the port would solve it, though it may make it a bit more difficult for them but nothing prevents them from creating their own pool to mine.

Sumokoin inherits original Cryptonote algorithm for difficulty adjustment that basically calculates average emission time of 720 recent blocks and adjust diff so that average 4 minutes/block time to be ensured and to avoid inflation. Though diff is determined at every block, it can do little if the hashrate suddenly gets double or triple.

Jump to: