Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 43. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Hmmm...it seems a cheerleader is oblivious to the fact that just like most crypto project, Sumo is open source. Heck, it's literally a copy of Monero for chissake which is truly and idealistically an open source and decentralized project at its very core. That means it's anybody's business if they so choose to participate in whatever manner...unless, of course, the cheerleaders and their bosses are actually making this their own pet project for their own personal benefit in the guise of being open source to camouflage their true intention; and the rest of us are regarded by them as expendable. So when a cheerleader tell off a participant of their "supposedly" open source project to "mind his business" and stay away from their pet project, it's actually a Freudian slip of their true intention.

Cases in point:

1. The exorbitant Sumokoin premine of 10% of the coin supply (about 9 million coins thereby eventually enriching themselves)

2. cheerleaders behaving like a pack of rabid dogs ganging up senselessly on even the slightest of criticism of their pet project that would eventually enrich them like nobody's business.

@Visdude ... you should not say that here. The sumokoin folks don't like other people asking questions about the premine. Be careful... And question like
that will be met with the iron fist of FUD.

But you got to give the Sumokoin folks (if there is more than one) one thing... they did manage to pull it off... either for the sake of sumokoin or personal benefits.
Although there is one thing that's actually very true... they do need help. Commits on Sumokoin (core) are a scarce commodity and I would claim that maybe 99%
of the code base is identical to monero's code base (2016/2017 version). Some packages renamed, a few changes here and there...but if you use a good tool to compare both, you might be surprised.

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/graphs/code-frequency

I think it's more than 99% but you don't see it in the code-frequency because a lot of changes to the monero code were incorporated in the initial commit on github.   This code frequency graph also doesn't show the work that is done on the other sumokoin repositories.

The devs favor doing development in their own branches and pulling big changes into the sumokoin code base.
Activity: 43

Hmmm...it seems a cheerleader is oblivious to the fact that just like most crypto project, Sumo is open source. Heck, it's literally a copy of Monero for chissake which is truly and idealistically an open source and decentralized project at its very core. That means it's anybody's business if they so choose to participate in whatever manner...unless, of course, the cheerleaders and their bosses are actually making this their own pet project for their own personal benefit in the guise of being open source to camouflage their true intention; and the rest of us are regarded by them as expendable. So when a cheerleader tell off a participant of their "supposedly" open source project to "mind his business" and stay away from their pet project, it's actually a Freudian slip of their true intention.

Cases in point:

1. The exorbitant Sumokoin premine of 10% of the coin supply (about 9 million coins thereby eventually enriching themselves)

2. cheerleaders behaving like a pack of rabid dogs ganging up senselessly on even the slightest of criticism of their pet project that would eventually enrich them like nobody's business.

@Visdude ... you should not say that here. The sumokoin folks don't like other people asking questions about the premine. Be careful... And question like
that will be met with the iron fist of FUD.

But you got to give the Sumokoin folks (if there is more than one) one thing... they did manage to pull it off... either for the sake of sumokoin or personal benefits.
Although there is one thing that's actually very true... they do need help. Commits on Sumokoin (core) are a scarce commodity and I would claim that maybe 99%
of the code base is identical to monero's code base (2016/2017 version). Some packages renamed, a few changes here and there...but if you use a good tool to compare both, you might be surprised.

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/graphs/code-frequency
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Use Sumo Easy Miner or xmr stack
Activity: 121
Activity: 254
Merit: 121
(Un)fairpool (yes I like to call them that because of their rediculous fees))

controlled around 90% of the total hashrate

Stop spreading the FUD.
Activity: 93
Are you going to use it?
I would like to use it if I start selling online. But until this summer I won't have time.

Is there any step by step tutorial about how to use it? I'm a noob on the internet web development:D

Thanks for the tutorial. Smiley

Does anybody know where to find the SumokoinWP (WooCommerce extension for accepting Sumokoin)? It was on Github but now it isn't.

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumowoocommerce
Yeah! Thanks!
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

Does anybody know where to find the SumokoinWP (WooCommerce extension for accepting Sumokoin)? It was on Github but now it isn't.

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumowoocommerce

Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Hello SUMO community:

The community is well aware of the centralization issues of mining SUMO. We strife for a decentralized network and try to spread the hashrates more widely over smaller pools.

At one point today, the 2 biggest pools (Hashvault and (Un)fairpool (yes I like to call them that because of their rediculous fees)) controlled around 90% of the total hashrate which is OBVIOUSLY very bad...

We've recently relaunched our low fee (0.1%) PPLNS pool for SUMO: https://sumo.spacepools.org/
Payout threshold is set to 0.5 SUMO (there will be an option to modify this threshold later on)

We also have a very active discord and a special #needhelp channel for all your questions about mining: https://discord.gg/QBmtnsW
So what are you waiting for! Let's make the network decentralized again and start mining on our pool!

Also I would like to encourage people to use a new mining pool list: https://sumokoin-pools.morin.io/
Help the guy out and contribute to the project on github or, if you want your pool listed, you can submit an issue (see the button below the list of pools).

Unfortunately sumopools.com isn't getting updated anymore, we tried to contact the owner a few weeks back and have yet to receive a reply of him.
I would like to have my pool listed on this mining pool list, but I am not familiair with Github as I am not a developer.
Activity: 1
Hello SUMO community:

The community is well aware of the centralization issues of mining SUMO. We strife for a decentralized network and try to spread the hashrates more widely over smaller pools.

At one point today, the 2 biggest pools (Hashvault and (Un)fairpool (yes I like to call them that because of their rediculous fees)) controlled around 90% of the total hashrate which is OBVIOUSLY very bad...

We've recently relaunched our low fee (0.1%) PPLNS pool for SUMO: https://sumo.spacepools.org/
Payout threshold is set to 0.5 SUMO (there will be an option to modify this threshold later on)

We also have a very active discord and a special #needhelp channel for all your questions about mining: https://discord.gg/QBmtnsW
So what are you waiting for! Let's make the network decentralized again and start mining on our pool!

Also I would like to encourage people to use a new mining pool list: https://sumokoin-pools.morin.io/
Help the guy out and contribute to the project on github or, if you want your pool listed, you can submit an issue (see the button below the list of pools).

Unfortunately sumopools.com isn't getting updated anymore, we tried to contact the owner a few weeks back and have yet to receive a reply of him.
Activity: 42
Thanks to the manager for always helping to quickly understand the problem
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
do you think Monero's trying to beat Minergate with the 6 month PoW changes?Huh??
I don't see Minergate as a problem. Botnets and javascript mining is problem. I cannot understand why Chrome and Firefox doesn't natively block mining, it might lower net hash by 1/4 or 1/3 I would say. It's literally on every popular website Sad
No, why would they? A new algo is not hard to adapt.
Activity: 210
 do you think Monero's trying to beat Minergate with the 6 month PoW changes?Huh??
Activity: 2
My wallet.exe won't connect to network.

My computer crashed during network sync and now it won't connect.

I've tried restoring from mnemonic phrase but still no luck.

The sumokoin.org website is showing that its ssl certificate is expired so im wary of uninstalling my wallet and redownloading the zip file.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation before?

Windows 10 machine btw. if that counts for anything.

Please advise

The chain got corrupted because of the crash while syncing
Go to Programdata\sumokoin folder (Programdata is a hidden folder in your C:\) and delete the lmdb folder
Then restart your wallet
It will work and start resyncing from scratch

Edit: Yeap the site's certificate expired today, it will be replaced with a new one within the next hours

Many thanks!!

We're all good now!
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
My wallet.exe won't connect to network.

My computer crashed during network sync and now it won't connect.

I've tried restoring from mnemonic phrase but still no luck.

The sumokoin.org website is showing that its ssl certificate is expired so im wary of uninstalling my wallet and redownloading the zip file.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation before?

Windows 10 machine btw. if that counts for anything.

Please advise

The chain got corrupted because of the crash while syncing
Go to Programdata\sumokoin folder (Programdata is a hidden folder in your C:\) and delete the lmdb folder
Then restart your wallet
It will work and start resyncing from scratch

Edit: Yeap the site's certificate expired today, it will be replaced with a new one within the next hours
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

So where's the watch-only/cold/offline signing wallet features on this one?

Pages:
Jump to: