Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 5. (Read 202421 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
cryptopia closed exchange SUMO, any news for new exchage ?
Activity: 21
New Sumokoin pool ready for Asics with 0.5% fee.

Web URL: http://sumo.superpools.online     

Asics Setup:

url: stratum+tcp://sumo.superpools.online:4999
Worker: Wallet_Address
Pass: x OR worker_name

Enjoy!
Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
my 120kH/s gpu farm is now off your network you stupid morons
waiting for Tx to exchange, so I can dump the remaining 700 coins market order, expect an instant -30%

never again anything to do with you

badbye

dont do that just hodl, reason is the asic will drive the diff so sky high it's going to get harder to mine them:)
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
my 120kH/s gpu farm is now off your network you stupid morons
waiting for Tx to exchange, so I can dump the remaining 700 coins market order, expect an instant -30%

never again anything to do with you

badbye
Activity: 28
As it seems SUMOKOIN will never really recover. The price will either have this consistency or drop down Sad
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
I don't really care what happened behind the scenes. Looks like nobody from dev team really cares about informing community and maintaining the communication going.
Whichever fork stays with cnheavy I'll stick with that. I do not think this is gonna end up as 1 satoshi, there is so much power in community that it will survive. But the immature folks that caused this should have no power to influence future of this coin.

I suggest to rebrand and keep going but with well established communication. And burn the frickin premine, it's so shady as hell.
That's my 2c.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
ASIC Sumo is dead headed to 1 satoshi, it will collapse just like ETN then stupid devs thought moving to ASICs wouldn't harm value of coin and now looking at ASIC resistant algos again. RYO is only hope to salvage anything from this project. 
Activity: 280
Activity: 266
On twitter they say they already changed to cryptonight, but my miners are still set to Cryptonight Heavy and pool is accepting it.

So its accepting cryptonight heavy and cryptonight at the same time or are they just dumb enough to say they changed to cryptonight without doing it yet?
Activity: 224
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
Unfortunately, my antivirus does not allow me to open your site. tell me, what is the cardinality of your token different from monero? is the other team? and what is the reason for this name?
Activity: 1
Activity: 56
Sumokoin's features are really awesome. Its security system is really great. Where is Bounty?
Activity: 23
I know this is obvious, but it needs to be said. The dev team is spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt right now. It is in their interest to improve on this.

Wanted to single this out, as it's quite important, and bears repeating: Even if the goal of the devs is to pump & dump this coin, they (either camp) are gaining nothing by having this strife continue.  The old dev team's actions just compound confusion on top of that strife -- which strikes me as more of an emotional knee-jerk reaction, rather than some well-reasoned strategy.  Cutting off your nose to spite your face, as it were.  To my knowledge, they are under no financial burden by using CN-Heavy (no license or royalties), and this really would only serve to anger exchanges -- hard forks generally seem to require more effort on the part of exchanges compared to soft forks.  It seems reasonable that short notice would only compound this issue.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
(…)

Yes, asic's are a curse that the cryptoworld should do what it can to get rid of.

No, that's too easy. ASICs are not inherently bad, but it depends on the exact coin and its ecosystem we are talking about. I  case of SUMO/RYO, I see the following:

- XMR and SUMO supporters somewhat overlap. Applying ASIC resistance was a community decision on XMR and what I have gathered, applying it to SUMO was received positively. Deciding against it therefore is probably a decision against a majority of users. This is just interpolation, so I could be wrong here.

- SUMO is a small coin which is in danger of being 51%-attacked. This is true, ASICs or not, but I have the feeling, that with GPU mining staying profitable, you'll keep more people onboard who are actually intersted in the well-being of the coin, while with ASICs, you'll have just a few guys to mine it at best.

SUMO is exposed to attacks either way and it might be prudent to think about alternatives to its current model. MAybe merge mining with XMR would be possible, I don't know, but something like that might be worth a deeper look.

In any case, the current market situation is a strong signal by holders of the coin, that they are not agreeing with what the devs are doing at the moment. I know this is obvious, but it needs to be said. The dev team is spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt right now. It is in their interest to improve on this.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
If they change to ASIC and bitmain can use their recently launched cryptonight ASIC to secure the network, i guess its not a bad idea at all.
PS: I dont hold any SUMO.

It's a very smart decision and signs of vision for future and good management decisions. Of course you'll upset all the hobbyist GPU miners but they have plenty of other coins to work at. We'll tell in a couple of years if ASICs were a bad thing for crypto networks ...
I like using the coin for transactiins so I want all the best for it. If experts think that using ASICs is the best option, that's good for me. As a hobbyist miner I don't have a clue about what is better, GPUs or ASICs.

It's not hashrate that secures a network it's decentalization.

If the hashrate is sky high yet controlled by one entity it's easy to 51% attack that network. If instead you have low hashrate but in disparate places it will be hard to attack it, esepcially if high hashrate devices cannot mine.

The monero network for example has 1/3rd of its peak hashrate yet is much more secured. No one entity is controlling its hashrate (like before) and there is not enough rented power to mount an attack to it.

The only way to attack the monero network for relatively cheap is to be the owner of one of its biggest pools and then *add* several million worth of equipment to your pool and then attack it. It's almost impossible.

By comparison all you need to attack bitcoin (for example) is to brick most of its miners via this method or similar: https://www.antbleed.com and proceed to attack.

Asic miners is the gaping hole in blockchains' security. Unless bitcoin becomes asic resistant it will never be secure from a technical standpoint. It is only secure from a game theoretical stand point... for the rime being.

Sumokoin just killed itself.

Yes, asic's are a curse that the cryptoworld should do what it can to get rid of.
Activity: 25
a lot of you guys will look at these posts in 2 years from now, when all crypto will run on ASIC or FPGA and you will see how overconservative and shortsighted you were, trying to keep everything to GPU's, it's like KODAK making promotion for Polaroid when digital camera's were on the rise. You have just been caught up by technology and yes, that's maybe a sad thing but you all know, never fight a trend in this business.
Activity: 70
Cryptopia is going to "protect my balance" by not letting me withdraw it to myself?  That's bullshit.  Not acceptable.

More, based on how little time there is before this fork happens (and the lack of specific details involved), there's no guarantee that if they do remit your coins, that that transaction would be fully confirmed/honored by both chains.

exactly.  since there's currently only one chain, their rationale makes no sense.  there is no risk of your coins not getting to you.  so you have to wonder what their real intentions are.  *conspiracy*
Activity: 23
Cryptopia is going to "protect my balance" by not letting me withdraw it to myself?  That's bullshit.  Not acceptable.

More, based on how little time there is before this fork happens (and the lack of specific details involved), there's no guarantee that if they do remit your coins, that that transaction would be fully confirmed/honored by both chains.
Activity: 70
Activity: 93
that cryptopia response seems to be fair. I have seen similar things happen to other coins, they did not take enough time and care about their major exchanges and got delisted because of too many and hasty changes in the algo.

This is a perspective that would require for SUMO to be more predictable with less hasty and rapid changes. Thinking along this line for a moment, what is the technical reason to move away from CN-heavy? I suppose nothing solid and logical.

More along this line, how about carefully preparing the rebranding and/or algo change to happen at the same time and make sure that you have all the relevant exchanges on board???

I think going back to CN will really impact credibility and trust. Two important soft factors, it is very easy to loose credibility/trust and extremely hard to regain!
I agree with you.
Pages:
Jump to: