Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 100. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"pricedb","exchange":"bter","base":"BTCD","rel":"BTC"}'

turned out to be a lot of little details and I still have some DB deadlock cases to fix, but if you have only one active pair it seems to be working. not sure if all the data is getting into the DB, but the dbput is coming back without error.

so what is this pricedb API? it creates an entry in a small db file which is just a list of exchanges and trading pair that is active. The cool part is that for all active pairs, it automatically polls the prices from the exchange and creates a database file locally. This way, over time you will get price data to analyze, but more near term a way to see the current market price.

The exchanges that are supported are: "NXT", "bter", "bittrex", "cryptsy", "poloniex", "mintpal"
for NXT, only the currencies with MGW assets are supported, for the others, any trading pair the exchange supports is supported. [I think cryptsy only works with a hardcoded list for now]

James

You can take "mintpal" off the list!! Angry Grrrrrrrrrrrr they still can't return my BTC and more.  Cry  another exchange to bite the dust.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Since we are quoting other threads, here you go. Maybe this will answer some concerns:

NODE is so new and not sure of tech details, maybe they are able to scale, so let us wait for the tech analysis on it first

Could the Dev please draw up a tech analysis for jl777?
Would be great for Node to join SuperNet

It is not clear what he means by "tech details"

We use technology node.js which made for scalable network applications

Our app brings new technology to confirm using the functionality node.js

The whole system Node built on modularity, I at any moment can change or extend the functionality of the

Node uses minimum system resources
Proof https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9501099

We received a response from bter that we have the best API with which they had to work

Node is not perfect and there will be many mistakes as we come to a good result.

As the main result of this the findings of the community , because most of You joined NODE because he is different
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Hey James,

are we satisfied with Instantdex. As I understand it is a centralised solution.
Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.
Maybe you already know all of it, but if not, please take a look.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-thread-590421

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

Wether or not NODEs instant transactions - and the entire network for that matter - will work is still questionable imho. Their network "only" facilitates instant transactions because it's fully connected i.e. every node is connected to every other node. I have a feeling that won't scale very well but only time will tell.
N*N topology does not scale at all. If that is how they are getting fast performance, then it will quickly bog down.

James

It is defiantly a dry read but if you are worried and have the patents this paper not only states that PoA is scalable but that it should produce a BETTER topology than PoW since there should not be as much mining power concentrated in to pockets due to pools.   Wink

http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf

PoA isn't the problem. The problem is that NODE depends on the network to be in sync the entire time to make instant tx possible. The idea is that as soon as 1 node knows about a tx every other node knows about it because they are all connected directly with each other (which means you can't try double spend by sending txs to "parts" of the network). Many nodes connected like that with varying hardware and latency doesn't sound like it can work perfectly but we'll see. It's definitely interesting Smiley
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

Hey James,

Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

Wether or not NODEs instant transactions - and the entire network for that matter - will work is still questionable imho. Their network "only" facilitates instant transactions because it's fully connected i.e. every node is connected to every other node. I have a feeling that won't scale very well but only time will tell.
N*N topology does not scale at all. If that is how they are getting fast performance, then it will quickly bog down.

James

It is defiantly a dry read but if you are worried and have the patents this paper not only states that PoA is scalable but that it should produce a BETTER topology than PoW since there should not be as much mining power concentrated in to pockets due to pools.   Wink

http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
You are looking at the future bro
Activity: 252
Looks like a high tech to me  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
pushed new version that supports gathering prices into databases and also retrieving this data. bter, poloniex, bittrex, NXT AE and even mintpal is supported.

curl -k --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "SuperNET", "params": ["{\"requestType\":\"getquotes\",\"exchange\":\"bter\",\"base\":\"NXT\",\"rel\":\"BTC\"}"]  }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' https://127.0.0.1:7777/

curl -k --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "SuperNET", "params": ["{\"requestType\":\"pricedb\",\"exchange\":\"nxtae\",\"base\":\"BTC\",\"rel\":\"NXT\"}"]  }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' https://127.0.0.1:7777/

Now each user can gather data for the crypto they are interested in and this creates the reference prices to overlay on the InstantDEX orderbook. took a bit longer than I had hoped to get it stabilized as I had to serialize all accesses and avoid deadlocks. systems stuff is quite tricky and feels like not much progress, but now at 2% CPU usage, it is able to handle all the packets and gather price data

James
legendary

Hey James,

why do you think InstantDEX is centralized?
InstantDEX itself is fully decentralized. If you are trading things that are backed by MGW assets, then since MGW is distributed (between centralized and decentralized) arguably there is some risk from the distributed (vs decentralized) nature of the asset. However, there are also other types of ways instantDEX will clear the trades, including direct peer to peer.

We are looking into NODE, until recently I dont think they had things working

James

Alright, so instantdex works decentralized but only for assets on MGW, not for coins, right?
If it would NXT would have instant transactions already.

ok NODE is working, but with a handful of transactions nobody can say anything about scalability, and I don´t know exactly how they have done it.

I will separate out the trade clearing from the trading itself.
Similar to when you click on "Send", once it is sent to the network (barring rare events), it is just a matter of time to get onto the blockchain. But the funds have already been send the moment you click.

Does that make sense?

So, with InstantDEX, regardless of how long till the next block the two people trading with each other (directly) will both have broadcast their half of the tx to the network. Just a matter of time before it hits the blockchain.

Now, there will be a variety of ways to finalize the trade. Could be via NXT AE using MGW assets, could be direct wallet to wallet overlapped micropayment channels. That is totally decentralized and for any bitcoin fork that supports multisig. There are also ways of finalizing the trade via telepods and the upcoming ATOMIC.

James

P.S. Not sure if you understand that there are things like mgwBTC asset, which is 100% backed by multisig protected BTC,

Yeah it makes sense, so it is not finally on the blockchain but both sides are locked. The only disadvantage is that they can´t spend it instantly, they have to wait for the blockchain confirmation.

No I am not really into this MGW thing, but I will soon.

So if you say we don´t need an instant transaction coin anyway, then it´s fine for me. NODE was just an idea, cause I was following it.

Thanks for the lessons James.

NODE is so new and not sure of tech details, maybe they are able to scale, so let us wait for the tech analysis on it first
legendary

actually, they can spend it instantly, if they use the InstantDex again. Chained transactions will not be a problem (iirc)
not sure about this
while it might be possible, it becomes quite dangerous.
with bitcoins, you can stack up a bunch of tx that each link to each other and it should all resolve properly. With NXT, the other nodes wont accept the tx if you didnt have enough to cover it prior to the current block

so, no one size fits all solution

James
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!

actually, they can spend it instantly, if they use the InstantDex again. Chained transactions will not be a problem (iirc)

oh cool, so you can´t spend them but you can continue trading.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

Never back down !!!

Hey James,

InstantDEX itself is fully decentralized. If you are trading things that are backed by MGW assets, then since MGW is distributed (between centralized and decentralized) arguably there is some risk from the distributed (vs decentralized) nature of the asset. However, there are also other types of ways instantDEX will clear the trades, including direct peer to peer.

James

Alright, so instantdex works decentralized but only for assets on MGW, not for coins, right?

ok NODE is working, but with a handful of transactions nobody can say anything about scalability, and I don´t know exactly how they have done it.

Similar to when you click on "Send", once it is sent to the network (barring rare events), it is just a matter of time to get onto the blockchain. But the funds have already been send the moment you click.

Does that make sense?

So, with InstantDEX, regardless of how long till the next block the two people trading with each other (directly) will both have broadcast their half of the tx to the network. Just a matter of time before it hits the blockchain.

Now, there will be a variety of ways to finalize the trade. Could be via NXT AE using MGW assets, could be direct wallet to wallet overlapped micropayment channels. That is totally decentralized and for any bitcoin fork that supports multisig. There are also ways of finalizing the trade via telepods and the upcoming ATOMIC.

James

P.S. Not sure if you understand that there are things like mgwBTC asset, which is 100% backed by multisig protected BTC,

Yeah it makes sense, so it is not finally on the blockchain but both sides are locked. The only disadvantage is that they can´t spend it instantly, they have to wait for the blockchain confirmation.

No I am not really into this MGW thing, but I will soon.

So if you say we don´t need an instant transaction coin anyway, then it´s fine for me. NODE was just an idea, cause I was following it.

Thanks for the lessons James.

legendary

Hey James,

James

Does that make sense?

James

Never back down !!!

Hey James,

James

Activity: 448
Activity: 251

hmm I have a question if thats alright.

I send Unity from BTer to my NXT wallet, but it hasn't arrived it seems.
new wallet install and the wallet is fully synced.

any tips?

Check http://nxtexplorer.com/ to see if it arrived yet from Bter.
If it takes too long, wait or open support ticket at Bter.
Activity: 448
hmm I have a question if thats alright.

I send Unity from BTer to my NXT wallet, but it hasn't arrived it seems.
new wallet install and the wallet is fully synced.

any tips?
legendary

Hey James,

James
legendary
"With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty."

Any chance this can be implemented over supernet as well? or over nxt? or over both? Tongue
I dont know about python, but if anybody else does, the same porting could be done. Very cool idea by the way!

Now, another approach is to simply make a gateway to counterparty or etherium. There is no need to directly implement everything

James
Pages:
Jump to: