Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 101. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Hey James,

are we satisfied with Instantdex. As I understand it is a centralised solution.
Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.
Maybe you already know all of it, but if not, please take a look.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-thread-590421

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

why do you think InstantDEX is centralized?
InstantDEX itself is fully decentralized. If you are trading things that are backed by MGW assets, then since MGW is distributed (between centralized and decentralized) arguably there is some risk from the distributed (vs decentralized) nature of the asset. However, there are also other types of ways instantDEX will clear the trades, including direct peer to peer.

We are looking into NODE, until recently I dont think they had things working

James
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: yes
"With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty."

Any chance this can be implemented over supernet as well? or over nxt? or over both? Tongue

That would be AT in NXT. It is ready to be implemented, but devs hesitate coz of the fatal bugs.

Can you please post a link to the discussion about it?

"With Counterparty Contracts, users may write Turing Complete smart contracts into the Bitcoin blockchain and execute their code on all Counterparty nodes. We’ve ported Ethereum’s language and virtual machine over to the Counterparty platform, using the pyethereum codebase. The result is hosted on GitHub and open for public testing. Today, you can take Turing Complete Ethereum code, or write your own, and run it on Bitcoin with Counterparty. Anything that one could ever do with Ethereum, one can now do with Bitcoin and Counterparty."

Any chance this can be implemented over supernet as well? or over nxt? or over both? Tongue

Who said that?

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-recreates-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-on-bitcoin/
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

That would be AT in NXT. It is ready to be implemented, but devs hesitate coz of the fatal bugs.
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!

Who said that?
Activity: 728
Activity: yes

Activity: 255
Merit: 251
I updated the FreeMarket Browser. Made some simple frontend improvements and significantly reduced cpu usage. Also, the data will be served as soon as you connect.

If you are a web developer, you can use my api:

http://162.243.13.81/all_listings to get a Json-formatted string of all current FreeMarket listings. Much simpler than running nxt then Freemarket itself.

Matthew
Never back down !!!

Hey James,

Looks like NODE is doing it decentralized. Their new algortihm is out and working. Of course till now with small amounts of transactions.
Maybe NODE will be a good additive to supernets core, by adding instant transactions.

disclaimer: of course I own some Node, but an irrelevant amount in comparision to my supernet tokens.

Wether or not NODEs instant transactions - and the entire network for that matter - will work is still questionable imho. Their network "only" facilitates instant transactions because it's fully connected i.e. every node is connected to every other node. I have a feeling that won't scale very well but only time will tell.

That´s right, but I think maybe James will figure it out.

Instant transactions would be an huge plus for supernet.
And if we grab the 10% early there could be a huge benefit for all of us.

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Hey James,

Wether or not NODEs instant transactions - and the entire network for that matter - will work is still questionable imho. Their network "only" facilitates instant transactions because it's fully connected i.e. every node is connected to every other node. I have a feeling that won't scale very well but only time will tell.
Never back down !!!

Hey James,

legendary
./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"pricedb","exchange":"bter","base":"BTCD","rel":"BTC"}'

turned out to be a lot of little details and I still have some DB deadlock cases to fix, but if you have only one active pair it seems to be working. not sure if all the data is getting into the DB, but the dbput is coming back without error.

so what is this pricedb API? it creates an entry in a small db file which is just a list of exchanges and trading pair that is active. The cool part is that for all active pairs, it automatically polls the prices from the exchange and creates a database file locally. This way, over time you will get price data to analyze, but more near term a way to see the current market price.

The exchanges that are supported are: "NXT", "bter", "bittrex", "cryptsy", "poloniex", "mintpal"
for NXT, only the currencies with MGW assets are supported, for the others, any trading pair the exchange supports is supported. [I think cryptsy only works with a hardcoded list for now]

James
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Net is closing...SuperNET is going to be huge by Christmas Cheesy
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
legendary
do we know yet how often will  their be a dividend?

Maybe Wink

The Pangea poker team has been assembled and this will definitely be an asset dividend this year.
Have a few others in the pipeline, but not sure if they will be ready this year

James
legendary
cross post of lionel preacherbot in NXT forum:

###
Free Talk Live Talks About Freemarket on Over 150 Radio Stations in the U.S.

The title says it all. I really enjoy Free Talk Live and they are syndicated on 157 radio stations in the U.S.
All of their episodes are free to download on their site.

Mondays episode includes a lengthy discussion on decentralization with Freemarket and Open Bazaar as the focus. You can find it here. http://www.freetalklive.com/content/podcast_2014_11_10 Awesome publicity! Smiley

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Beginning of 2015 will be an amazing time for SuperNET.  Looking forward to it.
legendary
Everyone can check the current FreeMarket listings here:

http://162.243.13.81/

Optimizations and hopefully more functionality coming soon.

Remember, SuperNET hodlers will begin getting 20% of FreeMarket fees beginning January 1. We need to spread the word to increase adoption!

Matthew

Will dividends be paid to Unity holders also? (I know I should convert to Nxt asset just haven't gotten around to it)
yes, UNITY holders will get dividends automatically
Activity: 695
do we know yet how often will  their be a dividend?

Maybe Wink

Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Everyone can check the current FreeMarket listings here:

http://162.243.13.81/

Optimizations and hopefully more functionality coming soon.

Remember, SuperNET hodlers will begin getting 20% of FreeMarket fees beginning January 1. We need to spread the word to increase adoption!

Matthew

Will dividends be paid to Unity holders also? (I know I should convert to Nxt asset just haven't gotten around to it)
legendary
NICE!! I guess it eventually will integrate into the BTCD wallet instead of an extra app (yes, i'm whining, i know)?

im pretty sure that freemarket will be in the supernet btcd wallet right?
should be very awesome  Wink
yes, this is the plan
not sure if it will make it into v1 though
so many things going on
Pages:
Jump to: