Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 115. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I don't mean to fud, but whoever this jl777 person is, I don't trust anymore anonymous or semi-anon devs and the people working with them after what happened with Mintpal. I hope he comes out of his/her darkness and show who or she really is. People say NHZ is just a clone, but there is development going on by completely reachable REAL people. I think I'm not the only one concerned about this. Plus, there is the suspicion about the economic model, nxt distribution....I'm sorry, but after the massive price drop of both nxt and supernet I'm out.
And even worse, I've just read the issue with bluemeanie. Some things just don't pan out easily.
I'm sorry for the fanboys/girls invplved here. May the cryptoforce be with you.
Goodbye

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777/graphs/commit-activity

James
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
I don't mean to fud, but whoever this jl777 person is, I don't trust anymore anonymous or semi-anon devs and the people working with them after what happened with Mintpal. I hope he comes out of his/her darkness and show who or she really is. People say NHZ is just a clone, but there is development going on by completely reachable REAL people. I think I'm not the only one concerned about this. Plus, there is the suspicion about the economic model, nxt distribution....I'm sorry, but after the massive price drop of both nxt and supernet I'm out.
And even worse, I've just read the issue with bluemeanie. Some things just don't pan out easily.
I'm sorry for the fanboys/girls invplved here. May the cryptoforce be with you.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

Some gotcha's not in the current build instructions for Unix:

libuv.a not found.  Had to install automake and update the am-api configuration variable to 1.14. Also had to run 'automake --add-missing' to install 'test-driver'.  Then run ./configure and make in libjl777/libuv.

After running 'make install' which put uv in /usr/local/lib, you need to run 'sudo ldconfig'.  Then edit the makefile.unix in src and change the LIBS variable from "... $(CURRDIR)/../libjl777/libs/libuv.a ..." to "... -luv ..."

FYI: These instructions in libjl777/README.md are a little whacked (:

"cd libjl777 make onetime make make btcd make install"

it is much easier to build now

git clone https://github.com/jl777/btcd
cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

Now you should have BitcoinDarkd in the directory and then you just need to make a SuperNET.conf

James

Worked like a charm. Only had to change the configuration variable for am-api to 1.14.

Thanks...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
legendary
Hey,

Just wondering what the story is with the neoDice and NxtIspect payouts etc, I got some a while back but none since, do you need a certain amount of unity to get those?
those were onetime dividends
asset dividends are hard to predict when they will happen
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hey,

Just wondering what the story is with the neoDice and NxtIspect payouts etc, I got some a while back but none since, do you need a certain amount of unity to get those?
legendary
From neoranga:

###
$ cucumber
Using Ruby version 2.1.3
Feature: General requests and answers from superNET API
   Get peers
   Ping/Pong
   SendMessage/ReceiveMessage

@general @peers
 Scenario: As a superNET user I want to see peers on my network # features/general.feature:7
   Given superNET is running on the computer                    # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:1
   Then I receive a list of peers with at least two peers       # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:9

@general @ping
 Scenario: As a superNET user I want to make a ping and receive an answer # features/general.feature:12
   Given superNET is running on the computer with some peers              # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:18
   When I send a ping request to one random peer                          # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:23
   Then I receive a pong answer                                           # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:31

# Pong response identification is still needed
 @general @send_message
 Scenario: As a superNET user I want to make a ping and receive an answer                           # features/general.feature:19
   Given superNET is running on the computer with some peers                                        # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:18
   When I send a message to myself with content "Cucumber SuperNET test"                            # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:37
   Then I receive a message to myself with content "Cucumber SuperNET test" in less than 50 seconds # features/step_definitions/general_steps.rb:43

3 scenarios (3 passed)
8 steps (8 passed)
0m0.334s
###

Its only testing of ping and pong, but this is where unit tests have to start. I am very happy for independent testing of the API! Already a few bugs were found and fixed

James
legendary

cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

Now you should have BitcoinDarkd in the directory and then you just need to make a SuperNET.conf

James

That's it?
No more excuses for anyone now. Including me...
you might need to install curl and clang

neoranga is making unit tests!
ping and pong now have unit tests and so this will really help to stabilize things by making sure each API call is doing what it is supposed to

James
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

James

That's it?
No more excuses for anyone now. Including me...
legendary
Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

libuv.a not found.  Had to install automake and update the am-api configuration variable to 1.14. Also had to run 'automake --add-missing' to install 'test-driver'.  Then run ./configure and make in libjl777/libuv.

After running 'make install' which put uv in /usr/local/lib, you need to run 'sudo ldconfig'.  Then edit the makefile.unix in src and change the LIBS variable from "... $(CURRDIR)/../libjl777/libs/libuv.a ..." to "... -luv ..."

cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

James
Activity: 552

What if clone thing replaces supernet?  Shocked

Which is the clone?

What is everyone talking about, that supposed to kill SuperNET? Could someone please provide a link?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

And it's not a clone. Can't clone a unfinished product.

ofc you can.

Doesn't matter. SuperNET will launch a few weeks after BlockNET's ITO has finished.

is there an approximate date (month?) that you know of? before 2015?

Around Christmas is the planned launch, though that might be faster if folks get on board with testing and building the infrastructure.
It will be a memorable and good day. Cheesy Wink
legendary

Which is the clone?

What is everyone talking about, that supposed to kill SuperNET? Could someone please provide a link?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/xcurrency-introduces-internet-blockchains-blocknet/

ofc you can.

Doesn't matter. SuperNET will launch a few weeks after BlockNET's ITO has finished.

Around Christmas is the planned launch, though that might be faster if folks get on board with testing and building the infrastructure.
Activity: 493

Which is the clone?

ofc you can.

Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
that would be great!

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha

Which is the clone?

Well it's clearly based on the same idea of creating a p2p network of blockchains. Much of the code for superNET is already finished anyway so it's not like it's still in the conceptual stage at this point or anything.

James' superNET is a revolutionary idea in cryptocurrency. It was inevitable that other people would attempt to use that idea. It's not bad thing. I don't understand the attempts to play it down as if the idea behind blockNET isn't based upon the same foundation as James' idea for superNET.

XC also has a clearly defined marking arm which obviously has done a fairly good job of getting the word out through their graphical documentation and media outreach. So I give them kudos for that. That's probably something that needs to be developed with superNET from the business angle. Something will have to be figured out to merge the concept of an open source decentralised organization and a profit seeking business at some point. I believe XC has been run like a business from the start for better or worse, which is a bit different in this community. So over time superNET will have to adapt to the challenges of running a multimillion dollar decentralised organization focused on generating maximum revenue for shareholders. But I'm very optimistic with regards to that because we have a great community of capable people. Smiley

legendary

Which is the clone?

ofc you can.

Activity: 321

Which is the clone?

ofc you can.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Which is the clone?

So litecoin and doge are no clones either?

Much innovation so unique  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 361

Which is the clone?

Activity: 784

Which is the clone?

Jump to: