Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 113. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Hi guys, I just wanted to post something about blocknet. I don't want to troll their thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is their claim:

Code:
There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- XBridge is not an RPC call protocol, it's a true P2P protocol
- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

1. SuperNET calls are made via rpc to the coin daemon, yet the network uses a kademlia dht, like bittorrent. Plus, is he saying that bitcoin is not 'true p2p' because it uses rpc calls? Does he think SuperNET has a point of centralization somewhere?

2. BitcoinDark is not 'the' central currency to SuperNET. Does he not realize that SuperNET runs on top of the NXT blockchain? BitcoinDark is the first coin with SuperNET integrated and has teleport, yes. Is he saying that individual coins cannot be integral parts of the network by offering their respective unique techs?

3. SuperNET purchased these coins on the open market, necessarily raising the NAV of the SuperNET asset.

Are the blocknet guys ignorant of the facts, or are they being intentionally misleading?
Actually SuperNET will only have part of its tx on top of the NXT blockchain. A lot of tx will just be stored locally on each person's computer, with default encrypted cloud backups. So it isnt really a blockchain, more of a cloudchain or privatechain

Plus of course all the various coin's blockchains and ATOMIC. SuperNET is the farthest thing from being centralized, it will also connect enhanced BTC wallets. I think people still want to compare SuperNET to a single coin, but it is a network, so it cant fit into that comparison.

James
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Are the blocknet guys ignorant of the facts, or are they being intentionally misleading?

They're both, ignorant and misleading and hoping the flashy graphics will pull in the like minded.

I want to be charitable here, even if I have to remind myself at times to be so Wink , so I'd go with "more the former than the latter." As so may complainers & trolls have been so, uh, good as to inform us, doing proper due diligence on Supernet is a tough job that requires a fair bit of time and some smarts. (Myself, I had to take a full day to understand it.) So, really, it's easy for the blocknet boyz to be just plain ignorant of the Supernet facts - so easy, I have to peg it as the common-sensical choice.

[Not that I mind the complexity of the due diligence and the effort I put into it: exactly the opposite. Once Supernet takes off, the fact that I had to put in a day of solid work on the due diligence will certainly ease my conscience. Grin ]

As for "misleading," I'd peg it as hypesters hyping their own product. Since blocknet is clearly based on Supernet, they have a PR obstacle that they have to get around. They've decided to do so by hyping up what they consider is unique in their blocknet. As a Supernet HODLer myself, I wouldn't sweat it; it just sounds like they're pre-empting (or fielding) some awkward questions about their blocknet.

In fact, now that the subject of a pre-sale's been raised, I should poke around my own strapped finances to see if I can scrape up enough to buy some more UNITY...
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi guys, I just wanted to post something about blocknet. I don't want to troll their thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is their claim:

Code:
There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

1. SuperNET calls are made via rpc to the coin daemon, yet the network uses a kademlia dht, like bittorrent. Plus, is he saying that bitcoin is not 'true p2p' because it uses rpc calls? Does he think SuperNET has a point of centralization somewhere?

2. BitcoinDark is not 'the' central currency to SuperNET. Does he not realize that SuperNET runs on top of the NXT blockchain? BitcoinDark is the first coin with SuperNET integrated and has teleport, yes. Is he saying that individual coins cannot be integral parts of the network by offering their respective unique techs?

3. SuperNET purchased these coins on the open market, necessarily raising the NAV of the SuperNET asset.

They're both, ignorant and misleading and hoping the flashy graphics will pull in the like minded.

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

Here is their claim:

Code:

legendary
I added Berkeley DB to libjl777 so now telepods and cloud storage will be in standard database

you will have to do "make onetime" again to compile the latest version. It will make a storage directory and put public.db and private.db in there.

James

Thanks, worked just fine.

performance and stability seems to have improved a lot with the latest update.
legendary
I added Berkeley DB to libjl777 so now telepods and cloud storage will be in standard database

you will have to do "make onetime" again to compile the latest version. It will make a storage directory and put public.db and private.db in there.

James

Thanks, worked just fine.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Don't mention the historical deve lopment of your! Napoleon will not be raised, and Roosevelt is net! For now you canonly usethe history?

so true the nixon won't meet the ford in the jefferson section either.

Hey look, another Cassius.
Please do not feed the bots.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Don't mention the historical deve lopment of your! Napoleon will not be raised, and Roosevelt is net! For now you canonly usethe history?

so true the nixon won't meet the ford in the jefferson section either.
Activity: 266
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
I like the fact the project keeps moving. Grin
Activity: 238
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
jl777

any thoughts on adding up coin magi? XMG?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

James
legendary
Activity: 1169
no quotation nxtinspect on bter?
Activity: 238
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
We really need to get SUPERNET onto the Coin Market App!!! so when people want to find ease info about it, they can just use the app. Can someone here produce link compilation of all relative resources pertaining to SuperNET ??  Just make a compilation list like I did for other coins and reply to that same thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coin-market-apps-how-to-keep-track-of-news-links-for-all-coins-may-22-2017-792912

Example of links compilation:
Official site: COINURL.com
Official Downloads: COINURL.com/DOWNLOADS
Press Releases: CRYPTONEWSARTICLES.com/SUPERNET-IS-COOL!

Social Media and Community links, press releases/articles, tutorials, videos, guides, etc. anything related to it will help the developer.

Post it in the Coin Market App thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coin-market-apps-how-to-keep-track-of-news-links-for-all-coins-may-22-2017-792912
Activity: 280
We knew who Bernie Madoff was but somehow he ripped people off.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
Are you coding by yourself?

Honest question...
https://github.com/jl777/libjl777 is pretty much all me so far, I am hoping for help, but so far just me.

the https://github.com/jl777/btcd directory has BTCDdev doing the C++ code that interfaces to my stuff.

neomandra is doing unit tests.

Now this is just the SuperNET API + BTCD
There are all the other devs for the other coins that are also working on their codebase.

James

P.S. If you are asking whether I am a team or just one guy, I am just one guy that codes fast.

hi great so far, I've got a question
if a ring signature transaction on supernet is made, does supernet use boolberries from their 10% stake? isn't 10% a bit low or will berries or supported coins also be bought by supernet?

My understanding is that this would be done on the fly by InstantDEX or similar.

I also answered his question in the BBR thread and I'll post it here too:

They will be bought as part of the transaction. This is one of the reasons that superNET can be a great benefit for BBR. As BBR's transaction outputs are anonymous there will likely be a large demand from users of other currencies such as NXT, VRC, BTCD ect. They use Teleport to protect them on the way in and BBR takes care of the output.

legendary

Honest question...
https://github.com/jl777/libjl777 is pretty much all me so far, I am hoping for help, but so far just me.

the https://github.com/jl777/btcd directory has BTCDdev doing the C++ code that interfaces to my stuff.

There are all the other devs for the other coins that are also working on their codebase.

James

P.S. If you are asking whether I am a team or just one guy, I am just one guy that codes fast.

if a ring signature transaction on supernet is made, does supernet use boolberries from their 10% stake? isn't 10% a bit low or will berries or supported coins also be bought by supernet?

My understanding is that this would be done on the fly by InstantDEX or similar.
Activity: 475
Merit: 500

Honest question...

James

legendary
My actions today have been to code up hash tables for the DHT storage, including persistent storage and serialized syncing to allow for RAM speeds, but still writing out to HDD as fast as the HDD can handle.

I put in a hard coded 1 GB cap of data stored per node. By making this a user configurable amount, cloud storage vendors/users can be implemented.

Oh, I also have it so there is Public storage and Private storage, so all the telepathic comms that are coming in to you are saved, but of course fully encrypted on the HDD. I also fixed some json output, added support for "contacts" list in the SuperNET.conf so I can setup automatically establishing connections.

Now I will debug the cloud storage.

James

Can someone post a sample SuperNET.conf file?  Not seeing one on git...

Take a look here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CGUgDAhimVhz7aHAnITeZGr2S4RiZPzF2LYZIWGbJ1E/edit

Then Go forth and test!

To add to the other discussion, why has no one mentioned Karpeles?!
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
My actions today have been to code up hash tables for the DHT storage, including persistent storage and serialized syncing to allow for RAM speeds, but still writing out to HDD as fast as the HDD can handle.

I put in a hard coded 1 GB cap of data stored per node. By making this a user configurable amount, cloud storage vendors/users can be implemented.

Oh, I also have it so there is Public storage and Private storage, so all the telepathic comms that are coming in to you are saved, but of course fully encrypted on the HDD. I also fixed some json output, added support for "contacts" list in the SuperNET.conf so I can setup automatically establishing connections.

Now I will debug the cloud storage.

James

Can someone post a sample SuperNET.conf file?  Not seeing one on git...
Jump to: