Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 159. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I highly suggest trade.secureae.com. A simple online NXT wallet with the Asset Exchange front an center.

If he's not comfortable leaving assets on an exchange, he might not be comfortable with online services either Smiley

It is 100% client based code and everything that happens happens on the blockchain. So, you can always just use your account on a local NRS wallet if you want. Nothing ties you to the service in any way.

This is much different than an exchange where you coins and assets are nothing more than a database entry.

Just curious if other long term UNITY holders will keep their assets on BTER, other online service, or transfer them to a wallet on their computer.

I will always hold the bulk of my coins and assets in my accounts on the relevant blockchain. (not technically on my computer).

Explain, "not technically on my computer."

The blockchain is a ledger of all the transactions that have happened on a coins network. It uses a concept called event sourcing. Basically, anytime something happens a new "record" is added to the database, rather than it modifying existing data. To determine the current "state" of any account/address you start from the beginning and look at all the events that occured for that account.

So, your coins are in this ledger. If you don't download the blockchain your coins aren't really "on your computer". If you use Electrum for example, it doesn't download the bitcoin blockchain. So, the coins aren't "on your computer". I know it is semantics, but as a dev I tend to be a bit pedantic about tech stuff.

I have never downloaded the bitcoin or via blockchains, so my coins aren't really on "my computer". That's what I was saying. This is why web wallet, vs lightweight wallet vs native wallet is really more a preference thing. I like being able to walk up to any computer and login into my blockchain.info wallet. Also, like being able to use my phone to spend from that wallet, rather than having my mobile wallet be a separate set if keys from a qt wallet on my PC.

This is a little bit too technical for me. I think I will just download the wallet (http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/) and store my UNITY there. I assume they can be stored in this wallet.
Wob
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Bittrex, Cryptsy, etc; Possible (assets)?
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

But, once you get the asset id you can watch it at several places. The aforementioned secureae is nice cause it shows a chart, the order book, recent trades. Here's an example showing the mgwBTCD asset.

https://trade.secureae.com/#11060861818140490423

I hope it will be more like this one https://trade.secureae.com/#16212446818542881180 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Any link to watch the Unity at NXT AE?

There is a supernet asset on the NXT blockchain, but I can't be sure it is the official one.

But, once you get the asset id you can watch it at several places. The aforementioned secureae is nice cause it shows a chart, the order book, recent trades. Here's an example showing the mgwBTCD asset.

https://trade.secureae.com/#11060861818140490423
legendary

Even one more pedantic point, at least for NXT. It uses a "brain" wallet. There is no wallet.dat file that is saved on your computer. So, even if you consider your "private keys" your coins, which they sort of are, with NXT your private key is your passphrase which is in your "brain".
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Any link to watch the Unity at NXT AE?
legendary

I highly suggest trade.secureae.com. A simple online NXT wallet with the Asset Exchange front an center.

If he's not comfortable leaving assets on an exchange, he might not be comfortable with online services either Smiley

It is 100% client based code and everything that happens happens on the blockchain. So, you can always just use your account on a local NRS wallet if you want. Nothing ties you to the service in any way.

This is much different than an exchange where you coins and assets are nothing more than a database entry.

Just curious if other long term UNITY holders will keep their assets on BTER, other online service, or transfer them to a wallet on their computer.

I will always hold the bulk of my coins and assets in my accounts on the relevant blockchain. (not technically on my computer).

The blockchain is a ledger of all the transactions that have happened on a coins network. It uses a concept called event sourcing. Basically, anytime something happens a new "record" is added to the database, rather than it modifying existing data. To determine the current "state" of any account/address you start from the beginning and look at all the events that occured for that account.

So, your coins are in this ledger. If you don't download the blockchain your coins aren't really "on your computer". If you use Electrum for example, it doesn't download the bitcoin blockchain. So, the coins aren't "on your computer". I know it is semantics, but as a dev I tend to be a bit pedantic about tech stuff.

I have never downloaded the bitcoin or via blockchains, so my coins aren't really on "my computer". That's what I was saying. This is why web wallet, vs lightweight wallet vs native wallet is really more a preference thing. I like being able to walk up to any computer and login into my blockchain.info wallet. Also, like being able to use my phone to spend from that wallet, rather than having my mobile wallet be a separate set if keys from a qt wallet on my PC.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
How to convert TOKEN to real Super on AE,just wait?

yeah just wait for James to provide the details.

No you don't. Open up your development tools in the browser and watch what happens when you use it. You will see what is being sent. Also, I think Wesley is one of the principals of secureae.
That would be all greek to me, I consider myself technologically challenged in this area.

But, why do you TRUST NRS any more? I could be just as easily sending your passphrase somewhere and you would have no idea unless you watched the traffic. It could even encrypt it and send it somewhere.

Using a native app opens you up to more risk. You could be subject of a man in the middle attack, get a modified NRS which scans your PC for wallet.dat files and sends them off online.
Because of the more official source which I trust, it's linked a lot on the NXT forum. And I think it's easier to create a scam website with simple popups asking for passwords than scam people with a dedicated app. I don't know who's behind secureae.com, could be someone in Tokyo.

Anyway, this is getting offtopic Smiley

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Looks like a load of people are dumping to make quick profits.
Assuming they are bought by SuperNET, once the buy wall's up, does that simply increase SuperNET's share of the assets or does it have an antidilutive effect for everyone?

I am pretty sure the buy wall will be on the NXT AE rather than BTER.

And no, that NAV doesn't change based on who owns the shares. I assume he will work like a market maker... buy at NAV and sell at some small amount above NAV.

I can't be bothered to go looking it up, but my recollection is that James planned to implement the buy wall on both AE and BTER.  Could be wrong.  Often am.
legendary

legendary

It is 100% client based code

But we need to 'trust' you on that Wink

No you don't. Open up your development tools in the browser and watch what happens when you use it. You will see what is being sent. Also, I think Wesley is one of the principals of secureae.

But, why do you TRUST NRS any more? I could be just as easily sending your passphrase somewhere and you would have no idea unless you watched the traffic. It could even encrypt it and send it somewhere.

Using a native app opens you up to more risk. You could be subject of a man in the middle attack, get a modified NRS which scans your PC for wallet.dat files and sends them off online.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
How to convert TOKEN to real Super on AE,just wait?

It is 100% client based code

But we need to 'trust' you on that Wink
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Assuming they are bought by SuperNET, once the buy wall's up, does that simply increase SuperNET's share of the assets or does it have an antidilutive effect for everyone?

And no, that NAV doesn't change based on who owns the shares. I assume he will work like a market maker... buy at NAV and sell at some small amount above NAV.

Much as I hate to quote Wikipedia:
"Share repurchases are an alternative to dividends. When a company repurchases its own shares, it reduces the number of shares held by the public. The reduction of the float,[6] or publicly traded shares, means that even if profits remain the same, the earnings per share increase. Repurchasing shares when a company's share price is undervalued benefits non-selling shareholders (frequently insiders) and extracts value from shareholders who sell."

I guess it depends what's done with the shares and how the buyback is funded?

legendary

Jump to: