Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 158. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Have the TOKENs been converted yet? I am looking at my NXT wallet right now and I see no UNITY. Was I supposed to do something?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
please do not PM me asking about details
they will be posted when the funding is approved
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
[Funding Request]

whale has negotiated a funding deal during the last weeks and it is ready to be funded. It is for an existing NXT company that wishes to be kept confidential until the funding is approved. PM me if you need to know the identity of the company.

###
Investment in 3 installments into an already established NXT company, that will be making an online wallet for SuperNET users, in addition to its existing websites.

1) 17.2% for 2.5M NXT immediately;
2) OPTIONAL 12.9% for 1.875M NXT by 31/Jan/2015;
3) OPTIONAL 12.9% for 1.875M NXT by 31/Mar/2015
###

The asset will not be traded before jan 1st 2015 unless all options are exercised. Due to the strategic value of an online wallet service (think blockchain.info) it is both whale's and my opinion that this investment has good ROI potential for SuperNET and we expect to be able to recoup the investment via AE sales within a year and still have significant HODLings remaining.

Since we do not have the NXT Phasing yet and there is no escrow for NXT possible, I will safekeep the SuperNET NXT until a viable alternative is agreed upon. When this funding request is approved, I will send out the funds

James

I think I know which project you are talking about. They would be a good pick.
legendary
[Funding Request]

whale has negotiated a funding deal during the last weeks and it is ready to be funded. It is for an existing NXT company that wishes to be kept confidential until the funding is approved. PM me if you need to know the identity of the company.

###
Investment in 3 installments into an already established NXT company, that will be making an online wallet for SuperNET users, in addition to its existing websites.

1) 17.2% for 2.5M NXT immediately;
2) OPTIONAL 12.9% for 1.875M NXT by 31/Jan/2015;
3) OPTIONAL 12.9% for 1.875M NXT by 31/Mar/2015
###

The asset will not be traded before jan 1st 2015 unless all options are exercised. Due to the strategic value of an online wallet service (think blockchain.info) it is both whale's and my opinion that this investment has good ROI potential for SuperNET and we expect to be able to recoup the investment via AE sales within a year and still have significant HODLings remaining.

Since we do not have the NXT Phasing yet and there is no escrow for NXT possible, I will safekeep the SuperNET NXT until a viable alternative is agreed upon. When this funding request is approved, I will send out the funds

James
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I believe the nav buy walls will be 0.0088 so I don't think any whales will be cashing out at that price.

If I was a whale with 50m NXT, I'd take the 10-15% hit for the chance of cashing some out that way without crashing the price. Not many times someone hands you that opportunity.
Ultimately, I guess it's not a disaster, but it does reduce SuperNET's BTC holdings and skew the balance more towards NXT.
It's an interesting dynamic to add to the picture of trading NXT assets against BTC: anything with decent liquidity offers a good way to diversify/exchange in what is otherwise a relatively thinly-traded market.

The whale could just post a BID below the real NAV (including assets), and wait for the market to eat all those funds. This solution would be much better for him, as he knows, that in this way, he doesn't influence any NXT price at all (good for his other NXT holdings).
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
I believe the nav buy walls will be 0.0088 so I don't think any whales will be cashing out at that price.

If I was a whale with 50m NXT, I'd take the 10-15% hit for the chance of cashing some out that way without crashing the price. Not many times someone hands you that opportunity.
Ultimately, I guess it's not a disaster, but it does reduce SuperNET's BTC holdings and skew the balance more towards NXT.
It's an interesting dynamic to add to the picture of trading NXT assets against BTC: anything with decent liquidity offers a good way to diversify/exchange in what is otherwise a relatively thinly-traded market.
legendary
Activity: 1428
legendary
Let the weak hands (WH) sell. this is part of the process of getting to an assetholder base that isnt price watching every tick and screaming for some "news" to happen everyday.

Couldn't agree with you more.  I've grown to despise being a part of communities like that.

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in.

I think there are even investors who bought into the ICO that do not yet have a full understanding of SuperNET and its potential (probably myself included).  So SuperNET really is just a little baby at this point in terms of the amount of people who knows what it's all about.

P.S. I will be issuing the official SuperNET asset today and when valarmg is ready with the redeeming, we redeem and then have interchangeable asset with bter's UNITY

Why have it called SuperNET on AE and UNITY on bter?  Why not just make everything UNITY?

UNITY is the trading symbol
SuperNET is the name of the asset
If we made it too easy the price might go up too fast Smiley

James
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Let the weak hands (WH) sell. this is part of the process of getting to an assetholder base that isnt price watching every tick and screaming for some "news" to happen everyday.

Couldn't agree with you more.  I've grown to despise being a part of communities like that.

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in.

I think there are even investors who bought into the ICO that do not yet have a full understanding of SuperNET and its potential (probably myself included).  So SuperNET really is just a little baby at this point in terms of the amount of people who knows what it's all about.

P.S. I will be issuing the official SuperNET asset today and when valarmg is ready with the redeeming, we redeem and then have interchangeable asset with bter's UNITY

Why have it called SuperNET on AE and UNITY on bter?  Why not just make everything UNITY?
legendary
James: I am a little concerned about the buy wall on BTER. Will this be BTC or NXT too?
Clearly a few people are planning to cash out when the buy wall appears. Fair enough, probably just normal crypto speculators looking to catch a new coin's pump and bailing when it turns out this is something different.
But there have also been large NXT buys, including one from a stakeholder who picked up ~$100,000 of UNITY. Incidentally, this person didn't vote for the bonus, and so presumably has no long-term interest in SuperNET.
When TOKEN are redeemed for UNITY and can be sent to BTER, he may see this as an opportunity to convert a large amount of NXT to BTC without crashing the price on an exchange. In which case, the 1% buy wall will not absorb his as well as others' sells.
If this is the case, a large NXT buy wall on BTER will help buffer the problem, since smaller holders will happily arbitrage the difference once the BTC have run out, whereas a whale will be less willing.
two walls, both at same price (ignoring NXT price fluctuation)
if people want to sell at a loss or breakeven, then they will. That's OK.
a lot of people probable sold sharkfund0 in the early days especially when it went "down" 10% as NXT itself went up 50%

There was a marketing budget of 0.00000000 for SuperNET. Nothing fancy, all community driven. Definitely non-corporate

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in. I intentionally didnt maximize the price or amount raised. This means that just getting all the materials that "should" have been there for the ICO will raise the price. Since I dont do GUI, tech or financial, I leave it to the community to do all this marketing stuff. I have to code.

An immediate 30% ROI on a 5700 BTC offering is really quite good if you think about it. This is during the stage of the WH selling pressure. Like the PoW coin during the mining phase when they are selling coins to pay the bills. When this stage is over, then we should start to see some gradual gains.

So, expect some initial selling pressure and gradual gains. I much rather have a few percent gain regularly than any massive spike in price. This is a marathon and if you are being worried about the hourly (or even daily) price change, then you are too worried Smiley

James

Not worried for myself Smiley Right now is actually kind of a nice buying opportunity, and you can get UNITY for free - even if the round trip from the AE is a bit cumbersome.
My major concern is that a whale will use it as a rare chance to exchange a large chunk of NXT for BTC without slippage, taking a bite out of SuperNET's BTC reserves.
legendary
Any idea how i can transfer the unity on bter to my nxt wallet?

I came here to ask this.  Withdraw is disabled right now.
tomorrow
legendary
James: I am a little concerned about the buy wall on BTER. Will this be BTC or NXT too?
Clearly a few people are planning to cash out when the buy wall appears. Fair enough, probably just normal crypto speculators looking to catch a new coin's pump and bailing when it turns out this is something different.
But there have also been large NXT buys, including one from a stakeholder who picked up ~$100,000 of UNITY. Incidentally, this person didn't vote for the bonus, and so presumably has no long-term interest in SuperNET.
When TOKEN are redeemed for UNITY and can be sent to BTER, he may see this as an opportunity to convert a large amount of NXT to BTC without crashing the price on an exchange. In which case, the 1% buy wall will not absorb his as well as others' sells.
If this is the case, a large NXT buy wall on BTER will help buffer the problem, since smaller holders will happily arbitrage the difference once the BTC have run out, whereas a whale will be less willing.
two walls, both at same price (ignoring NXT price fluctuation)
if people want to sell at a loss or breakeven, then they will. That's OK.
a lot of people probable sold sharkfund0 in the early days especially when it went "down" 10% as NXT itself went up 50%

There was a marketing budget of 0.00000000 for SuperNET. Nothing fancy, all community driven. Definitely non-corporate

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in. I intentionally didnt maximize the price or amount raised. This means that just getting all the materials that "should" have been there for the ICO will raise the price. Since I dont do GUI, tech or financial, I leave it to the community to do all this marketing stuff. I have to code.

An immediate 30% ROI on a 5700 BTC offering is really quite good if you think about it. This is during the stage of the WH selling pressure. Like the PoW coin during the mining phase when they are selling coins to pay the bills. When this stage is over, then we should start to see some gradual gains.

So, expect some initial selling pressure and gradual gains. I much rather have a few percent gain regularly than any massive spike in price. This is a marathon and if you are being worried about the hourly (or even daily) price change, then you are too worried Smiley

James

legendary
Looks like a load of people are dumping to make quick profits.
Assuming they are bought by SuperNET, once the buy wall's up, does that simply increase SuperNET's share of the assets or does it have an antidilutive effect for everyone?

I am pretty sure the buy wall will be on the NXT AE rather than BTER.

And no, that NAV doesn't change based on who owns the shares. I assume he will work like a market maker... buy at NAV and sell at some small amount above NAV.
there will be a buywall, but no sell wall
all buywall purchases will be slightly antidilutive as it is buying at NAV not counting assets
there will be walls on both NXT AE and bter, but still need to set up the special accts to do all this

James
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 504

I came here to ask this.  Withdraw is disabled right now.
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
how long until buy wall is up?
Wob
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
when is supernet expected to launch or release a beta?

I think set goal is before 2015
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Activity: 882
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
This is a little bit too technical for me. I think I will just download the wallet (http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/) and store my UNITY there. I assume they can be stored in this wallet.

yes. Wink
Jump to: