Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 127. (Read 301274 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
It's been roughly 6 hours. I put 4mh of power to solo mining tag to see how it goes. According to Cgminer I have a bunch of accepts, some rejects. I don't think I found any blocks. In the past, an accept usually meant a found block, but the number of accepts I'm showing would make me rich.

Thoughts?

You seriously want thoughts? Ok.....

4mh aint shit. Real miners hitting this hard in pools. I am by no means big.. but I throw 9.7 at a pool, and im barely in the top 5 - 10. The way the difficulty works with TAG, you are literally rolling dice in Vegas.

There ya go! Get on a pool man.

Here's a prop to one of the best pool's with the fastest and most accurate stats I have ever seen. Torzsy, you rock man! (lower my fees man! LOL) http://tag.cryptominer.net
Activity: 616
Failover is set, but it never switched pools.

They could be orphaned.  If you really did find a block, regardless of whether it was orphaned or not, it will show in the transactions tab.

If you get tired of solo-mining, you could always point that hashing power towards my pool.  We could use a little help Smiley

I'm thinking orphaned most likely. I might try your pool at some point, give me the link again? I'm kindof loyal to 2 others right now, but I'll at least check yours out for a few.

When you're not watching it does.  Check the pool and you will see the accepted shares corresponding to what you see in your miner.
This happens to me.

-tb-

The reason I say it didn't is, it would cycle through 16 other pools. They would all have to fail to get back to the one it was connected on. The odds of that... Plus I keep an eye on the output/pool connections when they switch.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

When you're not watching it does.  Check the pool and you will see the accepted shares corresponding to what you see in your miner.
This happens to me.

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

They could be orphaned.  If you really did find a block, regardless of whether it was orphaned or not, it will show in the transactions tab.

If you get tired of solo-mining, you could always point that hashing power towards my pool.  We could use a little help Smiley
legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain
Do you have failover set to one of the TAG pool?

-tb-
It's been roughly 6 hours. I put 4mh of power to solo mining tag to see how it goes. According to Cgminer I have a bunch of accepts, some rejects. I don't think I found any blocks. In the past, an accept usually meant a found block, but the number of accepts I'm showing would make me rich.

Thoughts?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
this is an obvious one, but ill point it out anyway the date column says "NaN undefined NaN" in Spent and Received on the coin wallets, clicking the transaction shows the date

legendary
HODL for life.
I'll go ahead and post this here before I make a [ANN] post.

TAGMining.Com mining pool is now up and running.

I won't blow smoke... it's a pretty standard pool, nothing new... just giving people options.

1% fee.
Standard 200 confirms to payout.
LP & stratum
Server located in San Francisco, CA, USA.

I will personally pay out 10 TAG to the first block finder, 5 TAG to the next 4, and then 2 TAG for the next 5.  These rewards will be paid when the 10th block is confirmed, so if you found multiple blocks I can pay you in one transaction.  I will be looking at how feasible it is to reward the block finder with a little extra TAG.  mmcFE offers it now in the configs, so I might just implement it in the future.

I started a litecoin pool a while back, but never really gained any following.  I figured I'd test this out again and see where it goes.

I'm open to all community suggestions if the pool is successful.

Let me know how it goes.  If there are any issues, please let me know via PM so I can correct them ASAP.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Goodluck guys! I hope you are Lucky.
I don't really have the hashpower to solo mine, but Torzsy's pool (http://tag.cryptominer.net/index.php?page=home) is working fine for me. About 180 MH/z now and an average time per round of +/- 25 minutes Wink
Next question: When I solo with BTC daemon, I have to specify a payout address. For TAG, since it's using the qt gui, will it simply know to use the address I have defined in TAG?

Any blocks found and confirmed will be credited to the tagcoin-qt address.

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted extra reassurance, thanks.

2.  Yes and works with external IPs as well.  Just need to add them to the rpcallowip. 

I had 8MH solo for 14 hours and then gave up after no block found.  Good luck.

-tb-

Awesome.. thanks. Best of luck to you. Figured I'd give it a shot. I've got more power than that, but with only 4-6 I've been finding blocks on my own via pools. Figured it was worth a shot to see what happens.

I'll post my results after 6 hours.
legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain
Stupid typo.. it was a mistyped password.

Next 2 questions:

1. For payout, do I need to specify an address in the config file, or will TAG use the one in the QT/GUI file?

2. Is it possible for me to point multiple machines at the single instance of TAG-QT for mining?

i fire up QT with -server, and the GUI loads. Port 10500 can be telnetted into and it's looking for json/rpc connect stuff. cgminer can't connect to it though.

Although it's not the problem, if you set the .conf file with server=1, you don't need to add the -server switch when starting tagcoin-qt.

Also, set rpcallowip=127.0.0.1.  I'm not sure if it works with outside IPs, but it always works for me with 127.0.0.1.  Of course, if you have a mining farm, you'll be setting multiple IPs.

Yeah the server flag is redundant, I kept it there just for posterity.

2.  Yes and works with external IPs as well.  Just need to add them to the rpcallowip. 

I had 8MH solo for 14 hours and then gave up after no block found.  Good luck.

-tb-

legendary
HODL for life.
Next question: When I solo with BTC daemon, I have to specify a payout address. For TAG, since it's using the qt gui, will it simply know to use the address I have defined in TAG?

Any blocks found and confirmed will be credited to the tagcoin-qt address.
Stupid typo.. it was a mistyped password.

Next 2 questions:

1. For payout, do I need to specify an address in the config file, or will TAG use the one in the QT/GUI file?

2. Is it possible for me to point multiple machines at the single instance of TAG-QT for mining?

i fire up QT with -server, and the GUI loads. Port 10500 can be telnetted into and it's looking for json/rpc connect stuff. cgminer can't connect to it though.

Although it's not the problem, if you set the .conf file with server=1, you don't need to add the -server switch when starting tagcoin-qt.

Also, set rpcallowip=127.0.0.1.  I'm not sure if it works with outside IPs, but it always works for me with 127.0.0.1.  Of course, if you have a mining farm, you'll be setting multiple IPs.

Yeah the server flag is redundant, I kept it there just for posterity.
legendary
HODL for life.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Post your cgminer command line as well.
So still no info on solo mining? All i want to do is point a bunch of my mining farm to a single system, and mine the coin lol.

Same as any other coin. Hope you've got some power if you're going solo.

I've tried it the same as other coins.. doesn't seem to like me much. Historically I've used the demon executables, but this coin only provides the qt gui executable. I made a config file and fired it up with the server param, but can't get any systems to connect. I can telnet so the rpcport is open, but the systems can't connect otherwise.

Vesper- make sure your tagcoin.conf file is configured correctly.  If you want, post it here to verify that it is set up correctly.  If it is, you just need to make sure your client is up to date, and you should be able to solo-mine.

As per previous posts on the topic:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=10500
port=8623

Cgminer stuff, I'm using BAMT, so like my other solo mining stuff I have it defined as a pool connection:

"url":"ip:10500",
"user":"myuser",
"pass":"mypass"

The rest is pretty much automated.

Update - Just realized I had a typo in my password! DOH! Haha.. wow, it's always something simple.

legendary
HODL for life.
So still no info on solo mining? All i want to do is point a bunch of my mining farm to a single system, and mine the coin lol.

Same as any other coin. Hope you've got some power if you're going solo.

I've tried it the same as other coins.. doesn't seem to like me much. Historically I've used the demon executables, but this coin only provides the qt gui executable. I made a config file and fired it up with the server param, but can't get any systems to connect. I can telnet so the rpcport is open, but the systems can't connect otherwise.

Vesper- make sure your tagcoin.conf file is configured correctly.  If you want, post it here to verify that it is set up correctly.  If it is, you just need to make sure your client is up to date, and you should be able to solo-mine.
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
It's either $1, $10 or better still a nice round $100...just easier to work out what you have when it is decimals..
Activity: 742
1 TAG = 10-15$
But better 25$ Smiley
Jump to: