Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 40. (Read 301277 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I noticed some odd 'didnt send' issues with Blockchain last week also. I wonder if this also relates to our private discussions on the matter? Hrm.

68.7% of the time, I'm onto something, everytime.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
For those of you talking about the tag exploits, Gox just released some interesting news on BTC. This may be relevant to TAG and the TAG example is just more extreme because of the way tag is setup.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html

Huzzah!

Good look, Bensam123.

-Fuse
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
For those of you talking about the tag exploits, Gox just released some interesting news on BTC. This may be relevant to TAG and the TAG example is just more extreme because of the way tag is setup.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html

legendary
HODL for life.
Essentially that's where the profit in this manipulation lies.  You push the fork, get your coins, trade on an exchange for something like BTC, then "unfork".  Rinse repeat, and blame it on the coin's "POS problems".

BCX mentioned it when we had the first fork.  He was going to use it to get back at BigVern.  It would take a substantial amount of hashpower and an amazing understanding of the coin network, but I would think it is possible.

-Fuse
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm just going through a post-mortem and what has me most concerned is that I was able to send 6000 TAG to COINS-E successfully and then send them back to the server wallet..

Had Coins-E of converted them to BTC for us, they would be out of pocket. Fortunately that didn't happen. Fortunately we are still in Beta.
legendary
HODL for life.
@ny2cafuse , what tagcoind version are you running? did you upgrade to 1.0.4?

Yeah.  I installed 1.0.4 within the first hour of release.

I honestly think there is some network manipulation behind this.  If it isn't some sort of attack or manipulation, than TAG is really broke.  I have never mined anything that went 2-3, or even 5 days like your pool, and had confirmed and paid blocks that just instantly orphaned.  That doesn't happen unless you disconnect the nodes from the rest of the network, they run on their own fork, and then you all of a sudden reintroduce that entire node network back into the main chain.  Essentially that's what you would do in a 51% attack.

-Fuse
@ny2cafuse , what tagcoind version are you running? did you upgrade to 1.0.4?
legendary
HODL for life.
FYI:

I have set the auto-payout to 0.1TAG for all accounts on Tagmining that had a wallet address.  If you had a wallet address, you were just paid out.  If you have not set a wallet address, please do so and set your auto-payout, or submit a manual payout.

I am a bit upset about the state of the TAG network right now.  Now I want to get this completely clear:  I am not blaming Mark or the TAG team.  I'm not blaming the coin.  I'm not blaming the pools.  I'm not even blaming the hackers if it is in fact a network hack/attack.  Actually... no, if it's hackers, screw them.  I'm just peeved that people lost a decent amount of coin today, and I lost a substantial amount that I had to put back into the pool just to get payouts rolling again.  I desperately want TAG to thrive and grow.  I have been on board from the beginning and I've put a lot of time, effort, and money into supporting TAG and the TAG community.

That being said:

Tagmining will be remain in a non-mining state until these issues are resolved, and well behind us.  

I'm sorry to all the miners that call Tagmining their home pool.  I'm sorry that I couldn't do more to figure out what is going on.  When the issues with the network are resolved, I will turn mining back on.  Like I said in previous posts though, I really do believe the issues we are having are due to a network hack/attack, and not an issue with the tagcoin code.  I want to make that explicit.

-Fuse

As an update,

- I deleted everything TAG from our servers
- Re-installed the tagcoind (compiled from github fresh)
- I stopped our autoswitching script and forced the pool to mine TAG.
- We found one block so I enabled the pool's autoswitching again.

I can confirm the block is on the blockchain so I'm waiting for it to confirm.

I will try sending the resulting coins to an exchange and if they see it, I think it's a safe bet that it's ok to proceed.

If they do not see it, TAG will unfortunately have to be completely disabled on our pool.

If it works, we will be that much closer to public BETA testing.

I will keep you all posted regardless.
After seeing the tonnes of orphans hitting random pools, long after being confirmed and paid, I feel like this meme is how some people may feel right now:

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I'm a trader, and a miner, and ... some other things. But I like Tagcoin. So just wait, cuz that's what I'm doing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Damn it, is it _that_ hard to fix an OSX wallet? Do I really need to find a windows machine or make one in VM just to use the coin?

Why not compile the client for the Mac community if you need it so bad?  Do fork the code on github, compile it and do a pull request.

You can be a part-time hero for the community, or you can be just another person whining about something they want.

-Fuse

With a supposedly serious money and people behind this coin, I think expecting official builds for a widely used environment is not whining. Not like I am asking for a HPUX or AmigaOS build. I don't need it that bad, it is just inconvenient.

If needs to be done, why, as a community, can't we make it happen?  If there is an issue with being reliant on an "official" build, then build it and let it become the "official" build.  The code is open source for a reason.  You have the "official" code... so when you compile it, you have the "official" build.

I'm sorry if that comes across as harsh, but I'm just getting tired of coming to this thread and reading about people complaining about issues that are either well documented or requests that can easily be handled by the individual themselves.

The problem is that people don't want to put any effort into this.  It's like the welfare nation of crypto.

-Fuse

I understand where you are coming from, but we are all different. I am not looking to put any effort in any Tagcoin client development, I put enough effort in acquiring it and holding it. We are all in it for various reasons, mine is to increase my wealth. I mined and bought Tagcoin mostly because Mark(and his money) is behind it and I believe it has more of a future than most of the other alt coins. Still though, Tagcoin for me is just another of several coins I hold and I hold less than 50k of it. I am not looking to get involved in any Tagcoin community, at least not for the moment. I am hoping for a value increase so yes, I can sell/dump when I feel the price is right. Having more services built around it would be great too , so the Tagcoin would have value in itself,  but at this stage it is of a secondary importance for me.
Not looking for an argument here. I just don't think having a passive role like I do amounts to welfare or whining.
legendary
HODL for life.
I created this list of nodes based on the IP of the pools, advertised here on the first page of this thread. This happened when I restarted the coin daemon and was unable to connect.

addnode=162.243.125.91
addnode=162.243.74.110
addnode=162.243.252.178

Ok, so I'm first on that list, and it seems that cryptopools.com is last.  But interestingly enough, all three of your addnodes are coming out of the NYC2 Digital Ocean datacenter.  Just an observation.  Maybe get the botpool addnode on their to spread it around a bit.

-Fuse
What, if any, addnodes are you adding to your wallet config?  Maybe, if this is a hack, they are targeting specific nodes, and the nodes attached to them.

I'm just spit-balling, but maybe we should try again to compile a list of all major pool nodes and static wallets to connect to.  Perhaps strengthening the network node connections can prevent this from happening again.

I definitely like the sound of this:

I created this list of nodes based on the IP of the pools, advertised here on the first page of this thread. This happened when I restarted the coin daemon and was unable to connect.

addnode=162.243.125.91
addnode=162.243.74.110
addnode=162.243.252.178

@altcoinspool - seems you were mining your own fork of the coin?..

I considered this but the version that I'm running was pulled directly from https://github.com/tagcoin/tagcoin on the 9th of Feb.

I confirmed that the current block count is consistent with the chain: http://explorer.tagcoin.org/index.php

Even now, the chain is reporting 40890 and my daemon is on 40890.

Thanks for all the help gents.

edit: just appended 11 more orphaned transactions on a SEPERATE wallet that was only mine to for an hour or so a few days ago. http://www.altcoinspool.com/lost-tag-coins.txt

This wallet was taken offline (not mined to) once the coins were confirmed.

Even the 200 coins I sent to this wallet are gone:

{
        "account" : "",
        "address" : "TTxiD6hAxGuDXbUxxBg3V2kRCxfxbaiGtW",
        "category" : "receive",
        "amount" : 200.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 0,
        "txid" : "32baaf1b5486b386278bd8aa6bd3243638f518c860e846a03760272bafe2b52e",
        "time" : 1391877802,
        "timereceived" : 1391877802
    },

"version" : "v1.0.3",
    "protocolversion" : 1000300,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 40893,
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
@24Kilo, versperwillow - There is no way to add a network hashrate, that would be even remotely accurate. It could be a magnitude of 10x out...that's the reason why Novacoin and PPcoin pulled it out. For PoW coins you can do it, but not for a PoS coin.

@altcoinspool - seems you were mining your own fork of the coin?..
legendary
HODL for life.
1. This really is a bunch of hackers
2. We find them and torture them until they give up the coins and then slaughter them mercilessly. Boy that would be fun!

The thing is, I haven't made our pool public yet. Whilst we have been "discussing" it so to speak, the address isn't known. And we are also talking about coins mined, both days ago, and hours ago.

One would suspect that were it hackers at fault, it would need to be a continuous attack and at the moment, I only see our own beta testing hardware connected to the stratum port.

Or was the believe that the hackers would jump in, attack, leave... chaos.

What, if any, addnodes are you adding to your wallet config?  Maybe, if this is a hack, they are targeting specific nodes, and the nodes attached to them.

I'm just spit-balling, but maybe we should try again to compile a list of all major pool nodes and static wallets to connect to.  Perhaps strengthening the network node connections can prevent this from happening again.

-Fuse
2. We find them and torture them until they give up the coins and then slaughter them mercilessly. Boy that would be fun!

The thing is, I haven't made our pool public yet. Whilst we have been "discussing" it so to speak, the address isn't known. And we are also talking about coins mined, both days ago, and hours ago.

One would suspect that were it hackers at fault, it would need to be a continuous attack and at the moment, I only see our own beta testing hardware connected to the stratum port.

Or was the believe that the hackers would jump in, attack, leave... chaos.
If blocks are being orphaned thousands of confirmations later, there's a serious issue. It's either the code/algorithm, or something nefarious is going on.

In private talks with pool ops, there are blocks being orphaned long after being confirmed (days later). In PM's with some users (trying to help them get online), their wallets aren't syncing regardless of which version they use. It seems random and lucky if they do.

This is unfortunate for TAG, and of course the community and any coin trying to be taken seriously and professionally.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I am building a new pool (www.altcoinspool.com) and have been beta testing with our own gear.

We've been mining TAG for 5 days now and this morning, we had 661 blocks orphaned.

The total of this loss is 19631.7 TAG coins.

Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Here is a list of transaction txids for all orphaned blocks:

http://www.altcoinspool.com/lost-tag-coins.txt
Unfortunately, nothing can be done about this (I don't think), unless:

legendary
HODL for life.
NOTICE:

I am shutting down mining on the pool until this issue can be confirmed to be as either a problem with the coin code, or it's verified as a hack and there is a fix in place.

Payouts are now processing again.  If you have account balances, make sure you do a manual payout or you set an auto-payout amount to help clear the wallet.

-Fuse
Pages:
Jump to: