Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 41. (Read 301277 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I am building a new pool (www.altcoinspool.com) and have been beta testing with our own gear.

We've been mining TAG for 5 days now and this morning, we had 661 blocks orphaned.

The total of this loss is 19631.7 TAG coins.

Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Here is a list of transaction txids for all orphaned blocks:

http://www.altcoinspool.com/lost-tag-coins.txt
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Trying to figure this out...tagmining.com suddenly shot ahead by 80 blocks, and since the block explorer was using tagmining.com that shot ahead too, with low diff rates for that. My personal wallet is on a lower block count, so..bit of a mystery at the moment..

EDIT..my personal wallet is also now on the higher block chain...

Please include a network hashrate monitor in the code... now!!! We need this tool to help monitor and track network workload and health... other POS/POW hybrid coins include a network hashrate monitor in their code... so no reason to not include it in the code for TagCoin.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Another 12 coins orphaned. Another 12 hours of work down the drain. Fuck this coin. You guys need to get your shit together.

I believe at this time that this is not a coin issue, but rather a stratum/wallet hack.

I'm looking into it right now, but basically there is a miner or a group of miners that are using a stratum/wallet exploit to cause the wallet to stop syncing with the network, they inject their shares/blocks and then stop the attack.  When it's all said and done, you're left with what looks like a fork and string of orphans.  I believe this is essentially what you would do with a 51% attack, but on a more precise level.

As I type this, we went from a liquid balance of 46 to -344 in a matter of minutes on tagmining.  I'm guessing the other pool ops are experiencing the same issues.

This isn't just happening with TAG.  We are just being targetted more because it ends up at the top of the profitability list.

See here:

https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos/issues/1072

Initial observations are that this is coming out of China.  If I have to go as far as blocking all Chinese IPs to test that theory, I will.  But currently, I have suspended all payouts and mining on tagmining.  You're coins are safe, and they are not being scammed.  When I can resolve the -344TAG issue, and I can track who the hell is doing this, I will turn everything back on and the pool will resume operations.

-Fuse
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
Trying to figure this out...tagmining.com suddenly shot ahead by 80 blocks, and since the block explorer was using tagmining.com that shot ahead too, with low diff rates for that. My personal wallet is on a lower block count, so..bit of a mystery at the moment..

EDIT..my personal wallet is also now on the higher block chain...
Activity: 22
14 coin  orphaned in tagmining.  Why Huh
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Another 12 coins orphaned. Another 12 hours of work down the drain. Fuck this coin. You guys need to get your shit together.
legendary
HODL for life.
When will there be a network hashrate indicator? Or are there no plans for one, and why?

+1, this would be highly beneficial to troubleshooting orphan issues, and has been needed for a while.

Mark, can the following code be used in the bitcoinrpc.cpp file:

Code:
// Return average network hashes per second based on last number of blocks.
Value GetNetworkHashPS(int lookup) {
    if (pindexBest == NULL)
        return 0;

// If lookup is -1, then use blocks since last difficulty change.
    if (lookup <= 0)
        lookup = pindexBest->nHeight % 2016 + 1;

// If lookup is larger than chain, then set it to chain length.
    if (lookup > pindexBest->nHeight)
        lookup = pindexBest->nHeight;

CBlockIndex* pindexPrev = pindexBest;
    for (int i = 0; i < lookup; i++)
        pindexPrev = pindexPrev->pprev;

double timeDiff = pindexBest->GetBlockTime() - pindexPrev->GetBlockTime();
    double timePerBlock = timeDiff / lookup;

return (boost::int64_t)(((double)GetDifficulty() * pow(2.0, 32)) / timePerBlock);
}

Value getnetworkhashps(const Array& params, bool fHelp)
{
    if (fHelp || params.size() > 1)
        throw runtime_error(
            "getnetworkhashps [blocks]\n"
            "Returns the estimated network hashes per second based on the last 120 blocks.\n"
            "Pass in [blocks] to override # of blocks, -1 specifies since last difficulty change.");

return GetNetworkHashPS(params.size() > 0 ? params[0].get_int() : 120);
}

Along with the other code listed in that file that pertains to the getnetworkhashps function?

If so, I'll create a pull request on github.

-Fuse
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Mark,

When will there be a network hashrate indicator? Or are there no plans for one, and why?
legendary
HODL for life.
Good stuff, Mark!  Thanks for the update, mate.

-Fuse
An update on some changes we are making here, due to recent activities and rules coming out of the USA, Russia etc.

- We will only be supporting BTC and TAG for Tagcash. All other coins will be dropped.

- Tagcash referral payouts will only be in TAG outside of the Philippines.

- For USA residents, spending and transfers of cash and crypto wallets is disabled, untill we obtain MSB licenses.

- We will enable conversion of any Fiat to PHP with a 2% currency conversion charge. This is for money remittance into the Philippines, operating as an agent of PNB bank in USA and Europe.

This puts us on a firmer platform legally, especially in the USA, and will also serve to strengthen the value and use of TAG.

legendary
HODL for life.
Damn it, is it _that_ hard to fix an OSX wallet? Do I really need to find a windows machine or make one in VM just to use the coin?

Why not compile the client for the Mac community if you need it so bad?  Do fork the code on github, compile it and do a pull request.

You can be a part-time hero for the community, or you can be just another person whining about something they want.

-Fuse

With a supposedly serious money and people behind this coin, I think expecting official builds for a widely used environment is not whining. Not like I am asking for a HPUX or AmigaOS build. I don't need it that bad, it is just inconvenient.

If needs to be done, why, as a community, can't we make it happen?  If there is an issue with being reliant on an "official" build, then build it and let it become the "official" build.  The code is open source for a reason.  You have the "official" code... so when you compile it, you have the "official" build.

I'm sorry if that comes across as harsh, but I'm just getting tired of coming to this thread and reading about people complaining about issues that are either well documented or requests that can easily be handled by the individual themselves.

The problem is that people don't want to put any effort into this.  It's like the welfare nation of crypto.

-Fuse
Activity: 588
Damn it, is it _that_ hard to fix an OSX wallet? Do I really need to find a windows machine or make one in VM just to use the coin?

Why not compile the client for the Mac community if you need it so bad?  Do fork the code on github, compile it and do a pull request.

You can be a part-time hero for the community, or you can be just another person whining about something they want.

-Fuse

With a supposedly serious money and people behind this coin, I think expecting official builds for a widely used environment is not whining. Not like I am asking for a HPUX or AmigaOS build. I don't need it that bad, it is just inconvenient.
@sunsofdust - not a fork, on the explorer for some reason the wallet had quit and there was no updated data going into the db..restarted it now..

will have to look into setting up a dns seed server instead of relying on IRC.

@mercenar1e - problems usually come with growth. So, growing pains...

@BotwinBG - there is a 1.0.3 version of the Mac Wallet, created by maxpower who creates a lot of Mac Wallets - you are welcome to compile a new one if you want from the optional version 1.0.4, but will do it here at some point.

@digit - we did refund the few orders there on the old system, but we must have missed a couple - can you PM with your Tagcash/Tagbond ID number and I will look into it.

@versperwillow - still seeing orphans then?..I haven't checked the pools in the last few days, am in Korea at the moment...

legendary
HODL for life.
Notice:

I have found approximately 60-65 accounts that are being used on the pool coming from the same IP addresses (mostly China), using the same wallet payout address.  They all have different emails, usernames, etc.

I believe at this time that this user is exploiting a hack that can be read about here:

https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos/issues/1072

I have closed registration on Tagmining, and I have deleted all the accounts tied to this user.

POOL OPS:  if you would like the user's information, PM me and I will send you the CSV with the accounts, IP, and addresses the user used.

If anyone has a question or concern, feel free to PM me.

-Fuse
legendary
HODL for life.

Why not compile the client for the Mac community if you need it so bad?  Do fork the code on github, compile it and do a pull request.

-Fuse
Activity: 588
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
There is definitely a fork at moment.

TAGMining.Com is reporting a block count of 39949 and explorer.tagcoin.org is reporting a block count of 39792.

Activity: 112
the amount of problems TAG coin has been going through in the last month is unbelievable.
Activity: 11
Rizon is banning all miners/seeds. Devs, can we get an updated wallet please? Need another IRC network...

https://github.com/tagcoin/tagcoin/issues/2
Activity: 97
damn TAG you are the most profitable coin right now, only if you get accepted shares.

Angry

Its only the most profitable in theory, in reality with TAG it has always been far from the most profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: