Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 82. (Read 301274 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
So Fuse if you land a job there will you change your username to ny2ca2philippinesfuse  Grin  I know the American saying is "Go west young man" but at this rate you'll end up back where you started!  Roll Eyes

LOL... ny2ca2WhereEverTheWindTakesMeNextFuse...

If coins are in shortage for the people actually using them(the businesses), why not set up an official businesses buy section for trading.  I would much rather sell to businesses that are going to use them as intended, instead of someone on crypsty who is going to hold 50k and pump and dump it just because.  Or set trading priority on trading for registered business accounts.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I'd be more than happy to manage a 150 GPU mining farm for you Smiley I just need the farm lol.

As to paying the bills, I know how it feels. I've mined a good portion of many of the altcoins out there in order to be spread out as much as possible, in the event one (or more) of them jump up in price (I remember when LTC was worth pennies).

Every now and then I'll trade out for BTC to pay the electric bill/get more GPUs, and then mine those coins back. GPU mining helps keep BTC mining affordable for this reason, and is self-sustaining in the right situations.

$25 fee does blow.. it's why I trade to BTC and then cashout with coinbase.
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
re the mining plan - not going to bother with India - we just learned my office over there has an 18kWh cap, and we are almost to that limit, so scratching that plan...Will have a small rig at my place here to experiment and learn, but no other plans. Spending the last 48 hours playing with machines and Unix was enough to know I don't want to get into it in a bigger way..:-) - Ok to experiment and make enough for our own needs, but too much of a headache to do it in a bigger way.

@ny2cafuse - we have about 20 repos going at the moment, for internal projects and external android dev stuff. I will think on how we can actually put info up on the web so anyone can see progress, since we use trello internally, we could probably make something up for that..I can also make an early android app available for open source use..

As for TAG going down in price, looks like everything is going down in price...but it also allows us to buy more for the future. IMHO, I think crypto is the future of rewards, coupons and points, not to replace Fiat Currency. The bigger companies will want their own currency (ie: Amazon Coins, Starbucks, etc), but TAG will be there for all the smaller companies that don't have the resources to put into their own coin and support network. I know most people are mining coins for an immediate gain, but I am thinking 6 months to a year ahead.  I am building Tagbond (for the rewards platform) and Tagcash (for payments and exchanging) with that future in mind.

Working on the exchange - it's a lot simpler to trade there than other places and there won't be any candlestick graphics etc. (we can add that later) - we just wanted to make it simple to trade any coin to any coin or currency. Here's a graphic of what we are doing right now..

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Roofs in the Philippines are cheaper. Just make sure there are no holes. (Or don't go shooting holes into them, like my father-in-law did.)
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
And I'm going to throw this out there again: Mark, I'll scrub toilets if it was the deciding factor in landing a job with you guys out there.  As long as I can afford to pay for a roof over my head, I'd leave tomorrow!

So Fuse if you land a job there will you change your username to ny2ca2philippinesfuse  Grin  I know the American saying is "Go west young man" but at this rate you'll end up back where you started!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers
Need to get people interested in trade.tagbond.com TAG into almost any currency. Trying to withdraw USD out now, I'll let you guys know how it goes. $25 fee kinda sucks, but whatever.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
@24kilo, want to sell me a bitcoin worth of TAG?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
@centurion76

Thanks for the heads-up. Spam taken out (that was quite messy). 

@Tagbond,

I just checked your forum feed on TagYak and it looks like your forum (forums.tagbond.com) is getting hit with a pretty massive deluge of spam at the moment (9+ pages). I thought everyone might be off for the weekend, and didn't know if you had seen it, and wanted to give you a heads-up.
Activity: 672
Ok... so I was having a whinge session... just getting frustrated as a small miner who is throwing all my spare change into building a decent mining system, up to 3Mh/s, because I see a TagCoin as real opportunity, expenses are mounting and now I don't have a decent exchange to use to move some TAG to pay the bills, not mention falling prices are going to eat pretty deeply into my TAG stash.

I know that Mark and the team are serious about TAG and that is why I have come board as miner and supporter... keep up the good work.

legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
There's a few million USD going into TAG, the platform, and everything else. Don't worry about his "little" mining farm.
legendary
HODL for life.
I hear what your saying, mate.  I agree with the exchange worries completely.  However, I'm pretty sure he's putting a lot more than $50k into getting this stuff up and running.  There is a lot of capital behind getting this stuff working... salaries, infrastructure investments, etc.  If I had the money, I'd buy myself some gear to start a farm too.  And I'm going to throw this out there again: Mark, I'll scrub toilets if it was the deciding factor in landing a job with you guys out there.  As long as I can afford to pay for a roof over my head, I'd leave tomorrow!

Not a complaint, just some constructive criticism- I just wish there was a github style changelog to see what's going on.  I think Mark or lead devs from the team should keep a running worklist with task tracking.  At least it would give us something to oogle over while we wait for whatever is next.  Plus, if it was something open-source(of course the exchange wouldn't be), the community could help audit code and contribute to the overall system.
Cryptsy is down... Coinex has been down... the TAG exchange has to become the highest priority or TAG is going to be in trouble. We need a stable exchange, we already have a ready market for TAG created by Mark and his team, now we need a place to turn TAG into fiat to cover costs. Not worth mining TAG at this price much less being stuck with no decent exchange.

To be completely honest, I am a bit peeved to hear that Mark is building a huge mining farm subsidized by the Indian government, that $50,000 could have been used to support TAG's price instead of flooding an already over supplied market. It is good to see the dev and admin team supporting coin with hash-rate, but monetary and exchange support would be much better for the long-term good of TAG.
legendary
HODL for life.
Mark,

While your big mining farm sounds like a good plan, why not invest that time and effort into promoting and expanding the exchange to encourage miners like myself to release more coins into the market place instead of competing with us. The price of TAG is already dropped significantly due to supply exceeding demand.

I am not interested in pumping and dumping, but I do have bills to pay and it would be great to have a way to quickly and economically turn TAG into USD, even better AUD, to help pay the power bill.

Just a thought,

24Kilo

+1 to making the currency exchange a priority.

I could always take care of all that gear for you  Grin

EDIT - Cryptsy is throwing a 502 error right now.  So between that and the guy who took it upon himself to talk to the Florida attorney general about getting it wrapped up with an investigation(stupid jerk), that's the largest volume of TAG trading off the market right now.  So +2 to making the exchange the top priority.
Mark,

While your big mining farm sounds like a good plan, why not invest that time and effort into promoting and expanding the exchange to encourage miners like myself to release more coins into the market place instead of competing with us. The price of TAG is already dropped significantly due to supply exceeding demand.

I am not interested in pumping and dumping, but I do have bills to pay and it would be great to have a way to quickly and economically turn TAG into USD, even better AUD, to help pay the power bill.

Just a thought,

24Kilo
Activity: 255
Is there a working Tagcoin explorer?
http://explorer.tagcoin.org/ only takes Block Hash, Block ID or Transaction ID - but no address.

I'd like to search for the transactions for my address.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I don't know. Looks like there isn't as much demand as it was before. I don't bother, 0,0013 BTC for each TAG is really a bargain. I've bought many again ^^.
yeah, I think the price will up again) That's why I hold all my coins and think to buy else)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
I don't know. Looks like there isn't as much demand as it was before. I don't bother, 0,0013 BTC for each TAG is really a bargain. I've bought many again ^^.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Why the price of tagcoins down?
Activity: 518
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
What if the website had a dynamically-updated list of pools, showing which were online? Just off the cuff I'm thinking there'd need to be an account/worker for each pool, then a daemon on the website could poll a certain frequency to make sure it can connect, and show online/offline. If offline for X amount of time, it would drop down the list into the 'offline' section.
Or something.
i always set it to monitor the port so that should be done then

i used to have that on my site. its as easy as signing up to uptimerobot. entering the url/port for each pool then fetching it with php on the site

Mark, maybe this is the answer.  The only issue I see with uptimerobot though is the fact that a front-end might be up and showing up with uptime robot, but the backend might be down and the pool isn't mining.  That's why I use to uptime stats on my pool- one for the website and one for stratum.  A pool worker would supply a API JSON string that you could use to do a getdashboarddata or getpoolhashrate query.  The hashrate stat would quickly show what pools are mining and which ones are dead.
Pages:
Jump to: