Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 85. (Read 301274 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
^ One of the reasons there is a need a darknet or decentralized exchange.
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
We don't ask for government ID for deposits and withdrawals of Crypto Currency, but we have to by law for Fiat - this will be the same for any exchange if they want to stay legal.

Sooner or later, governments and central banks will also start pushing regulation to do the same for cryptocurrencies, the Chinese have already started on that path. I just don't want to be the first to insist on it for Crypto...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
That's only if you want to use the exchange, to trade with fiat.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Well..cannot help if it is an issue, that is the way PoS works - as for blocks being mined, the more coins you have and the older they are, the faster it will mine the blocks you are allowed. So if you have plenty in the wallet, it will get them within minutes..
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Dabs - Correct, if your wallet is encrypted, it cannot mine PoS coins. As for the interest earned, it's better than the banks here..:-)

Okay, that might be an issue for some people. In those cases, we will see a lot of PoS coins not being mined because the wallets are encrypted or they are offline (paper) tagcoins, or something.

In the case of online wallets, or the official client tagcoin-qt, how long does it have to stay open and connected to mine PoS? Are there any settings needed or do I just leave it open and running the whole day? What if its only open for 8 hours a day? Like on my office computer, turns off at 5 PM.

Anyone here got some TAG they want to sell to me directly? I got a couple of bitcoins. (You send first unless your trust is higher than mine.)
Dabs - Correct, if your wallet is encrypted, it cannot mine PoS coins. As for the interest earned, it's better than the banks here..:-)
@ qiwoman - I am about to post a simple 5 question multi choice quiz. If you get them right, you earn 20 mTAGs, and then if you share it on facebook or another site, you earn another 20 mTAG everytime someone else takes the quiz (regardless if they get it right..Smiley  ) - You have to be SMS verified to take the quiz, but not to share it on facebook. (This is to stop scamming and web bots)

As for using TAG coins in any of your sites, feel free - there is nothing I can do to stop you, nor would I want to..you might as well take advantage of the name..Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Is there a way we can earn the tagcoins through a rewards system> What sites cna we join to earn tagcoins? I like the name as well as my twitter is called goldentags and I belong to a site called Tagvillage. The Admin of that site is also CEO of Bitbillions so maybe we can work something interesting out. Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri

If you like my music, send me some tagcoin

TGRrtsAMWBcdHEeoEZb2RxRd99nf46gncC

legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Okay, I added that reservedbalance=100000.

Since the Proof of Stake is only 1.5% per year, (divide by 12) that comes out to 0.125% per month. It's something, but it's small.

Also, if my wallet is encrypted or it is not online (such as a paper wallet, or cold storage) then it does not generate any Proof of Stake coins?
@Dabs = The proof of stake should actually be 1.5% per year not per month. And there is a slight flaw in that at the moment, which we will fix next time we do a client update in a couple of months, as it is only paying .015 of a percent. This can be fixed by adding on reservedbalance=100000 into your TagCoin.conf file - this will stop PoS mining till the next client update, at which point you can mine all 2 or 3 months worth of coin you hold.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto

These are my estimates, based on the known parameters:
In 1 year: 3.8 million
In 2 years: 7.5 million
In 3 years: 11.04 million

Now, I forgot to take into account the 1.5% Proof of Stake mined coins, so you have to add 1.5% every 30 days, approximately.

If I do a 1.5% Proof of Stake monthly compounded estimate, inclusive, that would mean about 19 million coins in 5 years.

I'd have to redo my math just to be sure, I had it computing only every 3 months (block reward goes down 1% every 3 months.) so the calculation is going to off, but not that much.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Depends on what you are looking for. As I'm only mining TAG sometimes (because I have to use my desktop for work), I like PPS pools. http://tag.cryptopools.com/ is the only PPS pool for mining TAG that I know, and it's really reliable Wink.

I second that, it's been a great pool for me.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Activity: 31
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
How can you tell how many TAG have been mined/exist?
Activity: 31
What is the pop up error?..We haven't really seen anything happening on signup, so it would be good to know what you saw so we can work on it.

Within the next 2 weeks, we will be switching from the trade platform to internal buying and selling or currencies, and adding more coins. Should make for a smoother experience. Just wish we could add Paypal officially to make it even easier, but they will probably close the account if we do that..
Thats actually php warning when I'am input wrong password or login.
http://i59.fastpic.ru/big/2013/1209/4a/7ed8851c16315c7a6b70ec2c3443d84a.png
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Yeah, not much action going on in the official exchange. The trades seem to be happening at cryptsy and others.

I think it will take a while for the official exchange to crank up.  People, as much as they might hate Cryptsy for it's lousy security and slow coin withdrawals, are used to it and can trade a wide variety of coins easily.  In reality the vast bulk of TAG trades are being made by crypto geeks like us.  When the rest of the world catches up with TAG, they won't be looking at Cryptsy to buy and sell coins and then the official exchange will get some business.  Hopefully it will be soon as I'd much rather trade there than Cryptsy.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Yeah, not much action going on in the official exchange. The trades seem to be happening at cryptsy and others.
Pages:
Jump to: