Author

Topic: [ANN] TenX: Making Blockchain assets spendable - page 200. (Read 332241 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
TenX is a long term bet.

"Stick $500 into ICO, drive off in Lambo next month" is, quite frankly, idiot thinking.

$1bn is a drop in the ocean compared to what Visa currently process.

"In 2015, the Nilson Report, a publication that tracks the credit card industry, found that Visa’s global network (known as VisaNet) processed 100 billion transactions with a total volume of US$6.8 trillion"

$1bn is a tiny fraction of $6.8tn. To be exact, 0.0147% if you use the American system where a trillion is a thousand billion.

If they get decent market adoption, they should be able to process a lot more than that. And that's just Visa. I didn't look up MasterCard and Amex.

And think about it. There is room in the card market for Visa AND MasterCard. And others like Amex I suppose. So there is potentially room for more than one Crypto card. Although in time, one or two are likely to dominate. My guess would be TenX and Monaco.

They don't need a big % of just the $6.8tn Visa currently process to start paying off pretty well. Hell, even $100bn is only 1.4% of the Visa turnover quoted above. So yes, it can pay off. IN THE LONG TERM.

So if you have no belief they can ever achieve this, it's because you don't believe crypto will ever go mainstream enough to generate this kind of revenue. As it has COMMIT behind it - allowing multiple currencies to be used with it, TenX can. And, for me, that's a game changer.

I'm holding.

If you expected a huge payout from year zero, you're an idiot.

Yes. People here keep talking about cards. But the real hidden dragon is COMIT. That have a high chance of exponential growth!
Activity: 7

Hi, I dont know if this is already addressed somewhere...
but for me the question of matter regarding the 'dividends' is:

Does it relate to the full transaction value paid by customers for the products, or just rather to around 3% fraction that goes into the credit card fees?

Taking only the fees into consideration, VISA revenue is at US$13.88 billion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Inc.).
Based on this number the 1B revenue goal would be some kind of a real challenge.

Any insights on that?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
TenX is a long term bet.

"Stick $500 into ICO, drive off in Lambo next month" is, quite frankly, idiot thinking.

$1bn is a drop in the ocean compared to what Visa currently process.

"In 2015, the Nilson Report, a publication that tracks the credit card industry, found that Visa’s global network (known as VisaNet) processed 100 billion transactions with a total volume of US$6.8 trillion"

$1bn is a tiny fraction of $6.8tn. To be exact, 0.0147% if you use the American system where a trillion is a thousand billion.

If they get decent market adoption, they should be able to process a lot more than that. And that's just Visa. I didn't look up MasterCard and Amex.

And think about it. There is room in the card market for Visa AND MasterCard. And others like Amex I suppose. So there is potentially room for more than one Crypto card. Although in time, one or two are likely to dominate. My guess would be TenX and Monaco.

They don't need a big % of just the $6.8tn Visa currently process to start paying off pretty well. Hell, even $100bn is only 1.4% of the Visa turnover quoted above. So yes, it can pay off. IN THE LONG TERM.

So if you have no belief they can ever achieve this, it's because you don't believe crypto will ever go mainstream enough to generate this kind of revenue. As it has COMMIT behind it - allowing multiple currencies to be used with it, TenX can. And, for me, that's a game changer.

I'm holding.

If you expected a huge payout from year zero, you're an idiot.
Activity: 2
1ce
Activity: 211
Merit: 101
TenX it is not only debit card in perspective. Look deeper.
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
Can someone please tell me how the monthly .5 percent reward is paid out to PAY holders? Where do the tokens need to be held?  I bought some in the aftermarket and went through the white paper and didn't see it explained.  I'm sure it's somewhere in this 110 page thread but that's a lot to go through.  Thanks

You must hold them in your personal wallet (to which you have the private key(s)), then payments will supposedly be automatically paid to your wallet holding the tokens!

So any wallet such as myetherwallet would work?  But I can't leave them in Bittrex right?

Correct!!
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Can someone please tell me how the monthly .5 percent reward is paid out to PAY holders? Where do the tokens need to be held?  I bought some in the aftermarket and went through the white paper and didn't see it explained.  I'm sure it's somewhere in this 110 page thread but that's a lot to go through.  Thanks

You must hold them in your personal wallet (to which you have the private key(s)), then payments will supposedly be automatically paid to your wallet holding the tokens!

So any wallet such as myetherwallet would work?  But I can't leave them in Bittrex right?
Activity: 38
Merit: 1

Merit: 102
Activity: 554
Merit: 251
1B$ is too optimistic IMHO.

I disagree.

I don't think it's worth holding PAY because of the rewards:

PAY will be dumped even harder when people realize how "much" they'll actually get from the rewards:

In the roadmap of the whitepaper they forecast $1 billion transaction volume for the whole year of 2018.

So:

$1 B expected transaction volume for 2018

0.5 % goes to token holders

205,218,255.948577763364408207 tokens minted

$1,000,000.000 * 0.5% / 205,218,255.948577763364408207 = $0.0244 reward per PAY token for the whole year of 2018.

Yea, thats right, but correct me if im wrong.

if its at 1000B transaction volume, that would mean 25$ reward per PAY token a year. if you have 1000 pay it's 25 000$ a year.
I think you can see where I'm going with this. Imagine you have 10 000 or 100k Pay tokens. You will never have to work again
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
1B$ is too optimistic IMHO.
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

PAY will be dumped even harder when people realize how "much" they'll actually get from the rewards:

In the roadmap of the whitepaper they forecast $1 billion transaction volume for the whole year of 2018.

So:

$1,000,000.000 * 0.5% / 205,218,255.948577763364408207 = $0.0244 reward per PAY token for the whole year of 2018.

is actually 1.2B, 1 million users spend 100$ = 100,000,000$ x 12 months =1.2B That counting that every user spend 100$ a month at least, of course users could spend much more that 100$ a month, 100$ user monthly spending is really a pessimistic number . Also Exchanges that are holding PAY won't receive .5%, they are blacklisted so your calculations are not quite right. The amount of users could increase really rapidly maybe by end of 2018 we get 10 million users or more. By 2020 we could get 50 Million users according white paper. Better grab as much PAY as you can. Maybe by first quarter in 2018 we get much more users than 1Million that is mentioned in white paper. They have a fully functional product and that is priceless, other competitor projects don't even have a product. Cards have high demand.

The $1 B are from the roadmap in the whitepaper. Apparently you know more about the numbers than they do Huh?
Activity: 56
What's the new plan of PAY? Any roadmap?

Sure. They are still on course of what they planned in the whitepaper: https://www.tenx.tech/whitepaper/tenx_whitepaper_final.pdf
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

So:

is actually 1.2B, 1 million users spend 100$ = 100,000,000$ x 12 months =1.2B That counting that every user spend 100$ a month at least, of course users could spend much more that 100$ a month, 100$ user monthly spending is really a pessimistic number . Also Exchanges that are holding PAY won't receive .5%, they are blacklisted so your calculations are not quite right. The amount of users could increase really rapidly maybe by end of 2018 we get 10 million users or more. By 2020 we could get 50 Million users according white paper. Better grab as much PAY as you can. Maybe by first quarter in 2018 we get much more users than 1Million that is mentioned in white paper. They have a fully functional product and that is priceless, other competitor projects don't even have a product. Cards have high demand.
Activity: 700

... = $0.0244 reward per PAY token for the whole year of 2018.

Your calculation is correct.
But I disagree with your conclusion.

By your logic, all cryptos have to be dumped immediately when people realize that they offer low rewards:
BTC will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
ETH will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
LTC will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
The list goes on.

I don't think that something is worth less than nothing.

What's the new plan of PAY? Any roadmap?

... = $0.0244 reward per PAY token for the whole year of 2018.

Your calculation is correct.
But I disagree with your conclusion.

By your logic, all cryptos have to be dumped immediately when people realize that they offer low rewards:
BTC will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
ETH will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
LTC will be dumped even harder when people realize they get $0 reward for the whole year of 2018.
The list goes on.

I don't think that something is worth less than nothing.
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

So:

Activity: 756
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!
It doesn't matter what amount they payout, the important thing is that they do it. Of course the first payout is going to be small, the ICO was just a few weeks ago, this project is just starting. With time that payout will grow among number of users.
Activity: 34
I think 7-10 cents is very very unrealistic - do you have a calculation for this ?

Or at least at the moment they finally understand the TenX PAY token, not just the card. This will be an interesting time to watch how long it takes most people to understand financial concepts.

Sure. It's an extremely easy calculation.

ok then share your calculation with the community here !
I think 7-10 cents is very very unrealistic - do you have a calculation for this ?

Or at least at the moment they finally understand the TenX PAY token, not just the card. This will be an interesting time to watch how long it takes most people to understand financial concepts.

Sure. It's an extremely easy calculation.
Jump to: