Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 55. (Read 226988 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Thanks for reducing the payout threshold Pooler.

Smiley
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
I am glad to announce that beta testing of the new poolserver software is complete. I wish to thank all those who helped by mining on our special testing server.

Testing with real-world mining traffic revealed a very pleasant surprise: server-side latency, which according to preliminary tests should have been reduced by a factor of 2 to 4, was actually reduced by a factor of about 10, often making it negligible when compared to network latency.
What this means in practice is that our servers will now be able to handle a much higher number of connections while realizing an even lower stale rate (it was not uncommon for test miners to achieve stale rates lower than 0.1%, even when hundreds of clients were connected to the server).

I will gradually deploy the new software over the next few hours; your miners may experience a brief disconnection, but they should be able to reconnect automatically in a few seconds.

A lot of people have asked me to reopen registrations for the pool in the past few months, and I'm very happy to say that now we finally have an exclusive, scalable solution that will make this possible without sacrificing the quality of our service. Stay tuned! Smiley
Activity: 490
I also emailed to the applications, but did not get any answer.
It's possible that your email or my reply was caught by a spam filter. Please try sending your application again.

Sent again.
It's possible that your email or my reply was caught by a spam filter. Please try sending your application again.
Activity: 490
I am waiting for register here, it's been 3months.

Can you allow me to register?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
In the past few weeks I've been working on a rewrite of our poolserver software, redesigning it to take into account all the Stratum-specific optimizations I could think of and to include some new features.
This new design enables lower-latency communication, which should result in even lower stale rates. Preliminary tests have shown a reduction of server-side latency by a factor of 2 to 4.

I have also implemented the "resume" extension to Stratum, which apparently no other pool currently supports. This means that if your Internet connection has a hiccup, the server may still accept any shares that your miners found while disconnected, if they reconnect and submit them within a reasonable time. As simple as this may sound, it is actually tricky to implement, because (unlike getwork) Stratum is not a stateless protocol.

Before deploying this new software to the main pool servers, I'd like to ask miners to beta-test it for some time, so that I can make sure everything works as expected. To this end, I have set up a testing server at testing.litecoinpool.org:3333; you can connect to it in the same way you connect to the other pool servers, and all shares you submit should be credited to your pool account as normal. Keep in mind that I might have to restart the software from time to time to test new code, so very occasional disconnections should be considered normal.
Please report any unexpected behavior you may encounter directly to me via email, PM or in our IRC channel.

pooler keep up the good work, Later I will point one of my miners there and see what happens.
In the past few weeks I've been working on a rewrite of our poolserver software, redesigning it to take into account all the Stratum-specific optimizations I could think of and to include some new features.
This new design enables lower-latency communication, which should result in even lower stale rates. Preliminary tests have shown a reduction of server-side latency by a factor of 2 to 4.

I have also implemented the "resume" extension to Stratum, which apparently no other pool currently supports. This means that if your Internet connection has a hiccup, the server may still accept any shares that your miners found while disconnected, if they reconnect and submit them within a reasonable time. As simple as this may sound, it is actually tricky to implement, because (unlike getwork) Stratum is not a stateless protocol.

Before deploying this new software to the main pool servers, I'd like to ask miners to beta-test it for some time, so that I can make sure everything works as expected. To this end, I have set up a testing server at testing.litecoinpool.org:3333; you can connect to it in the same way you connect to the other pool servers, and all shares you submit should be credited to your pool account as normal. Keep in mind that I might have to restart the software from time to time to test new code, so very occasional disconnections should be considered normal.
Please report any unexpected behavior you may encounter directly to me via email, PM or in our IRC channel.
legendary
the pool is down for me, my workers are Idle
I'm working to resolve this as soon as possible. Unfortunately this time the attack was done on a pretty large scale.

EDIT: The attack was successfully mitigated, and all systems are back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

keep up the good work Wink
I'm working to resolve this as soon as possible. Unfortunately this time the attack was done on a pretty large scale.

EDIT: The attack was successfully mitigated, and all systems are back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
legendary
when the pool payout is set, why does the pool not pay out the full amount in the account?

If I set it to 0.6  it pays out 0.6 and leaves the balance....if i set it to 0.8 it pays out only 0.8 even if there is more in the account...
 do I really have to set it to  0.xxxxxxxxxxxx to get the full payout?

That is actually meant to be a feature.
Automatic payouts are recurring, so the exact amount is not important. What is not paid out by a given automatic payment will be paid out by the next.
Most users are mining 24/7, so there's no point in paying out the exact amount every time the payout threshold is reached, because their balances grow continuously.
The advantage is, of course, that you get payments with nice round numbers, which some people prefer.

If you want a full payout, simply request an instant payout on your payments page.
Activity: 399

when the pool payout is set, why does the pool not pay out the full amount in the account?

If I set it to 0.6  it pays out 0.6 and leaves the balance....if i set it to 0.8 it pays out only 0.8 even if there is more in the account...
 do I really have to set it to  0.xxxxxxxxxxxx to get the full payout?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Could also be a bunch of hashpower switched over to Feathercoin. FTC's profitability has been a good bit higher than LTC's the last few days.
Activity: 364
Hash for Cash!
I'm pretty sure the pool is getting DDOS'd as I keep getting notifications that my miners are idle when they seem to be hashing just fine.  Sad

is it only me or the pool lost the half of its hash rate? we are @ 1,468 MH/s, and the LTC network in general has lost almost 3 Gh/s, I think that Mtgox news is doing more damage than good to LTC,.
legendary
is it only me or the pool lost the half of its hash rate? we are @ 1,468 MH/s, and the LTC network in general has lost almost 3 Gh/s, I think that Mtgox news is doing more damage than good to LTC,.
Hey Pooler.

Someone from France (82.237.99.245/ brn91-2-82-237-99-245.fbx.proxad.net/ France) changed my litecoin wallet address today at 3:25 PM.

Wallet address was changed to LRpwvpGEhFTocxwhxkXC3miZB9XWUh3p8N.

I guess you received an automatic notification stating that your payout address was modified from some IP that is not yours.
That would mean your account was hacked by someone who managed to find out your password in some way or another. If you haven't done so already, you should change your password as soon as possible. For additional security, you may also want to enable two-factor authentication.

As far as I can see, the Litecoin address you mentioned doesn't match any pool account at the moment, and that particular French IP only accessed your account.

Yeah. I changed my password and locked my address in there. Pretty strange I've never had a compromised account before.

So far the only connection I have right now is Pool-X. It's in France and I used the same password on there. I really doubt someone guessed my password.
Hey Pooler.

Someone from France (82.237.99.245/ brn91-2-82-237-99-245.fbx.proxad.net/ France) changed my litecoin wallet address today at 3:25 PM.

I guess you received an automatic notification stating that your payout address was modified from some IP that is not yours.
That would mean your account was hacked by someone who managed to find out your password in some way or another. If you haven't done so already, you should change your password as soon as possible. For additional security, you may also want to enable two-factor authentication.

As far as I can see, the Litecoin address you mentioned doesn't match any pool account at the moment, and that particular French IP only accessed your account.
Hey Pooler.

Hello Pooler:  Can you explain how the "Teams" function works?  What are the benefits or drawbacks?
Hi... Are you sure you're in the right thread? I don't think LitecoinPool.org has any such function.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Hello Pooler:  Can you explain how the "Teams" function works?  What are the benefits or drawbacks?
Pages:
Jump to: