Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 65. (Read 226867 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Ok one more thing. When I use a batch file to run stratum proxy from https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy for windows,
I'll stop you right there. For Litecoin you need to use the fork of the proxy linked on the help page.

Ok, same thing, using a batch file on this .exe, stratum proxy opens, then closes. Um, what am I doing wrong?

Here is the batch file cmd line I am using on a .bat file.

Code:
miner_proxy -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -p 3333

Edit:
Yea it just don't work. I cd into the startum proxy location, with cmd, here is the output.

Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>miner_proxy -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -
p 3333
'miner_proxy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Ok one more thing. When I use a batch file to run stratum proxy from https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy for windows,
I'll stop you right there. For Litecoin you need to use the fork of the proxy linked on the help page.
Yes, I don't understand though, how is cpuminer suppose to direct to the stratum proxy when my cpuminer is set to visit litecoin pool?

It just don't make sense to me.

The proxy handles all communication with the pool. The miners will only talk with the proxy.

Example. Let's say you run the proxy on a machine whose local address is 192.168.1.42. Then you will start cpuminer with something like the following:
Code:
minerd --url http://192.168.1.42:8332 --userpass username.1:1
The username and password are the same you were using when minerd was connecting directly to the pool.

AHHHH. Ok, gotcha.

Code:

stratum proxy opens then closes, I can't get it to stay open.
Yes, I don't understand though, how is cpuminer suppose to direct to the stratum proxy when my cpuminer is set to visit litecoin pool?

The proxy handles all communication with the pool. The miners will only talk with the proxy.

Example. Let's say you run the proxy on a machine whose local address is 192.168.1.42. Then you will start cpuminer with something like the following:
Code:
minerd --url http://192.168.1.42:8332 --userpass username.1:1
The username and password are the same you were using when minerd was connecting directly to the pool.
  • If you are using cpuminer, you can lower your stale rate by running the Stratum proxy. You only need to run one proxy for all of your miners, as long as they are all within the same local network. More information about setting it up is available on the help page.

Hi, pooler, I've tried that proxy thing u said, but I was never able to get it to run, go or work.

Could you make in detail, how to use the stratum proxy for cpuminer, please? Like, how to specifically set it up?

The instructions on the help page seem pretty specific to me...

You start the proxy on one of your machines as follows:

Then you connect your miners to that machine on port 8332 with the usual pool worker username and password.

If you have any specific question, feel free to ask.

I use all cmd lines to cmd with batch files, I don't use the gui thing.

Edit:
Also, when I get this straightened out to work, how is the fallback pool suppose to work if ltc pool goes down?
  • If you are using cpuminer, you can lower your stale rate by running the Stratum proxy. You only need to run one proxy for all of your miners, as long as they are all within the same local network. More information about setting it up is available on the help page.

Hi, pooler, I've tried that proxy thing u said, but I was never able to get it to run, go or work.

Could you make in detail, how to use the stratum proxy for cpuminer, please? Like, how to specifically set it up?

The instructions on the help page seem pretty specific to me...

You start the proxy on one of your machines as follows:

mining_proxy -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -p 3333

Then you connect your miners to that machine on port 8332 with the usual pool worker username and password.

If you have any specific question, feel free to ask.

I'm left in the dust on this one.

In order to encourage miners to adopt the new Stratum protocol, which allows for very low stale rates, we are not paying for stale shares anymore. To compensate for this, the PPS fee has been lowered to 4%.

• If you are using a recent version of cgminer, you are already taking advantage of Stratum.
  • If you are using reaper, you are strongly encouraged to use cgminer instead.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Has Litecoinpool user base shot up about 200 users?  And I think the KH/s rate as increased by 150,000 to 200,000!!
What  Huh
All this because the cost of Litecoin as increased? Wow.
Payment address   LYAhGBJo6FCKF7E3HYG4nqPZu6otkmi9q2 (locked)

This wallet was deleted off the computer. How do I unlock and put in a different payment address?

Send me a private message or email with the details, or contact me on IRC.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Payment address   LYAhGBJo6FCKF7E3HYG4nqPZu6otkmi9q2 (locked)

This wallet was deleted off the computer. How do I unlock and put in a different payment address?
xus
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I would love to join your pool. When is it open again for registration?

best regards,
xus
0.00000926 per share CMO too little maybe when you increase earning then maybe ill continue mining here.

Compaird to this I think ill stick at that until rate goes up.

I know you have mixed Diff on pool however one question regarding this. Do you get double the amounts so if i get a share at 125 i will get 125x the amount for mining it ?

The PPS rate currently shown on the site is what you get paid if you solve one share at the lowest difficulty that can be served by the pool. Most other pools use a much higher, fixed share difficulty, so the PPS rate they report is higher.
This doesn't mean that you will earn less, because if you mine at our pool you will be credited many more shares.

Regarding adaptive difficulty: if you find a share that has a difficulty which is 4 times that of the minimum share difficulty, it will be counted as 4 shares. This allows to measure workers' speed more precisely while keeping bandwidth usage optimal.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
0.00000926 per share CMO too little maybe when you increase earning then maybe ill continue mining here.

Compaird to this I think ill stick at that until rate goes up.

I know you have mixed Diff on pool however one question regarding this. Do you get double the amounts so if i get a share at 125 i will get 125x the amount for mining it ?
So, what do we think the basis is for these attacks?
As always, there can be many "reasons" why one would want to attack pools. Because they hate altcoins, or because they want to manipulate network difficulty... who knows.

While I'm here, I'd like to announce that the pool now officially supports Stratum mining.
http://www.litecoinpool.org/news?id=39

Most cgminer users have already switched to Stratum automatically, and need not change their configuration. If you're running a version older than 2.10.3, you are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
Miners using cpuminer and/or Reaper are encouraged to use a proxy if running multiple miners in a LAN (instructions are available on the help page).
Activity: 13
So, what do we think the basis is for these attacks?
Activity: 127
Pool is down for me.  Switching to another one...
GL w/ that - they are all being reported as down.

Nope.  Found one... not going to say the name out of fear it will be attacked too, but if you want to know pm me or do more research.
Activity: 56
GL w/ that - they are all being reported as down.
Activity: 127
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Getting ALOT of stales last hour or so.

21s to submit shares. Is it just me?
Pages:
Jump to: