Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The world's first handheld Bitcoin device, the Ellet! - page 20. (Read 45628 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
What is coming next week? Title makes it sound like the device is, but only reference to next week is the kickstarter?

And the name is fine, stop being nerds.

To clarify, the fund raising efforts don't stop even with 50,000 units in the hands of consumers. The Ellet will be marketed all over the world (not a cheap or trivial endeavor) so there must be continued fund raising efforts, even at a small level at universities and such.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Aww come on, I loved "Merkle Lynch" lol Grin
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
What is coming next week? Title makes it sound like the device is, but only reference to next week is the kickstarter?

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Because there is no bill.

Because the service is free.
Of course it is.
Quit being such a condescending dick. Of course it can be free. My checking account actually pays me interest, and the interest is actually greater than that of my savings account. Additionally there are other perks, such as refunds of ATM fees, and more.

If you are using a shitty bank that charges you money to use a checking account, don't assume that all other banks suck that hard. Also, switch banks.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
This is great. The name is also good, it doesn't need changing. Smiley
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
And let's forget the userbase for a multi-money/currency device will be much larger. This will lead to many more people being exposed to Bitcoin and exposure is key. Once they see the advantages Bitcoin can offer, they will surely consider using it.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
It supports Paypal and Dwolla?

Money is money. The distinction between Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, Paypal, MoneyBookers, NETELLER, or most other online transaction solutions is not clearly made by the average consumer, which is why it will support most every method of payment that the average consumer uses.

For those who are disenchanted by this not being a Bitcoin-only device (because bitcoin!), let me first say that the decision came with a lot of thought. The only way Bitcoin will ever succeed is if it's allowed proper competition. Being unknown is not proper competition, but neither is forcing consumers to use only Bitcoin (which effectively puts it dead in the water). Creating a free market environment where you are allowed to use Bitcoin side-by-side with other digital currencies is the best way to outline the benefits of Bitcoin that bitcoiners brag about so often. If this makes you nervous as a bitcoiner, then it means we've failed to provide a valuable and trustworthy digital currency and Bitcoin is inherently flawed.

People will eventually choose Bitcoin if it's faster, cheaper, and more reliable for them. As far as adoption speaks, the Ellet is the first truly realistic attempt at getting Bitcoins in the hands of every consumer on the planet.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Bitcoinpurse
Webbet
iPaid
Bitfold
Coindex
Dwallet
PGPocketbook
E-Greeder
Spendle
Personal Digital Accountant
PocketBank
Mobile Exchange Device
TxRx
One Bitcoin Per Child
BlockBerry

LOL

Just to turn the knife...BitcoiniCard

Edit: Just a few more...
Americoin Express
MasterCoin
Miners Club
Diskover
Visatoshi
Merkle Lynch
NonCents
Hashberry
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
Interesting idea. I'm curious about the reliability of the permanant backup storage.

Subed!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Time to chime in again, now that a proper naming discussion has taken hold.

I offer up BitCirrus, as in a Bitcoin Cloud held in your hand, coupled with taken Bitcoin to the next level, thus making it a more serious contender. Maybe even better could be BitCirr or Bitcirr or bitcirr or bitsirr (as in bitcoins please, sir), but I digress. Back to BitCirrus with one of the domains being bitcirr.us.

Now we need a slogan, one incorporating a word(s) related to clouds and the transferring of money (coins).

BitCirrus: Bitcoin Clouds in Motion (first attempt, but try to do better)

~Bruno~

EDIT: Damn if this image doesn't personify what I'm trying to relay here. You can see the bitcoins flowing in this image--from one hand to another.

Activity: 523
Great project!
Can you somehow make or email recipts, since its needed for stores to give to customers.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
donator
Activity: 490
It could just be me, but I am failing to see the benefit of such a thing when compared to a smartphone?
Activity: 686
Wat
Bitcoinpurse
Webbet
iPaid
Bitfold
Coindex
Dwallet
PGPocketbook
E-Greeder
Spendle
PocketBank
Mobile Exchange Device
TxRx
One Bitcoin Per Child
BlockBerry

LOL
Activity: 445
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Bitcoinpurse
Webbet
iPaid
Bitfold
Coindex
Dwallet
PGPocketbook
E-Greeder
Spendle
PocketBank
Mobile Exchange Device
TxRx
One Bitcoin Per Child
BlockBerry
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Another Matthew N. Wright project launch!

I'm on pins and needles!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

Of course it is.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
My checking account is free, I'm not paying for any insurance on it.
Of course you are. You just don't notice it because it's never itemized anywhere on a bill.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
My checking account is free, I'm not paying for any insurance on it.
Of course you are. You just don't notice it because it's never itemized anywhere on a bill.
Pages:
Jump to: