Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 11. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Dear Buzzdave,

I have two empty Spotswood cases ready to house two more full rigs of fine Bitfury product, but Bitmain keeps getting my money lately :|

Any plans to become more price-competitive in the near future ? I'd love to buy another two full rigs worth, but the economics don't make sense at present.

I also bought elsewhere (asic cubes and more scrypt mining) even with open slots. I would love to see a lower price on boards for my rig. 
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Are there going to be any updates to the Miner Software at all? or is this project pretty much dead?

I mean fail-over would be sweet, any optimization as well would be cool.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Dear Buzzdave,

I have two empty Spotswood cases ready to house two more full rigs of fine Bitfury product, but Bitmain keeps getting my money lately :|

Any plans to become more price-competitive in the near future ? I'd love to buy another two full rigs worth, but the economics don't make sense at present.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
^what about price adjustments in the MBP store?
lulz

double lulz,

We have 3 pages of cost adjustment questions and we get a reply about where he is going/meeting. With the btc price low now, antminer is better choice by a huge margin. 400 for 35gh +controller or 750 for 180gh standalone machine, tough choice right?
Yes indeed Smiley

Aside: Hmm - so why does my BA fury board do 40.1GH/s paid to the pool?
What's up with the ones made by the guys here?
(or is that something to do with my cgminer driver?)
Yes these are real questions ... I've only had access to a small number of BA fury boards and basically no access at all to the boards listed here.
So I've no idea if my driver needs more work to support a lot of boards (yeah there really isn't much CPU power in an RPi) or if something else is going on.
I guess I need to spend some time on a large BA fury setup and work out what's going on with these crappy performance figures reported for the hardware here.
Then once I'm sure cgminer performs well with lots of boards, then the question here will be why on earth the boards here are rated so low.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
yep...  been waiting on a price drop.....     guess antminer ftw  Cool
Activity: 252
lulz

double lulz,

We have 3 pages of cost adjustment questions and we get a reply about where he is going/meeting. With the btc price low now, antminer is better choice by a huge margin. 400 for 35gh +controller or 750 for 180gh standalone machine, tough choice right?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Ok. I have a V2 MB. today i added 2 more H cards. Oddly, I've only seen 10 Gh/s increase. I went from 279 Gh/s to 290 Gh/s. Even if the cards were doing 25 Gh/s each I should see 300 Gh/s. One of the new cards is doing about 4 Gh/s, but others are perfroming worse now. I'm wondering if this is indicative of a Power Supply that isn't robust enough.

sounds like that could be thew case. If you assume the cards were tuned around 31GH stock then your rig would be ~340GH - A possible draw of up to 400W on 12V depending on how the cards are tuned or if pencil modded. If you assume an extra 20% precaution to the PSU, then I would say using a power supply that provides any less than 500W to the bitfury 12V may be a source of the problem.

Try with a better supply, preferably with at least 550W on a single 12V rail. (The CX600M is a really solid modular system - cant recall if 1 or 2 PCI connectors though)
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Ok. I have a V2 MB. today i added 2 more H cards. Oddly, I've only seen 10 Gh/s increase. I went from 279 Gh/s to 290 Gh/s. Even if the cards were doing 25 Gh/s each I should see 300 Gh/s. One of the new cards is doing about 4 Gh/s, but others are perfroming worse now. I'm wondering if this is indicative of a Power Supply that isn't robust enough.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
vip
Activity: 472
Just letting everyone know:

Dave is at the Bitcoin Germany convention this week and then he is heading up to meet Punin in real life for the first time.   

I hope to have some really really good news in a week or so.

I'll be at http://insidebitcoins.de/en/?c=bcoinberlpage - would love to meet fellow miners there!

Clarification: I'm also headed to Warsaw to meet Leszek.  I doubt I'll get a chance to meet Niko (Punin), but I sure hope he'll be at either Berlin or Warsaw!

Cheers,
Dave
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Dave is at the Bitcoin Germany convention this week and then he is heading up to meet Punin in real life for the first time.   

I sure hope so. Just keep in mind that Bitmain is shipping in-stock units at $5/gh.

+1

The reality of it is: they are both insanely rich from sales of the bitfury design already, and will probably just spend several days doing blow in a Munich penthouse
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

I sure hope so. Just keep in mind that Bitmain is shipping in-stock units at $5/gh.
Activity: 553

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
9 Ants and counting.  1.8 Th/s

Any network trouble with that many Huh  Using switches,router or WiFi  Huh

No, but all mine are hard wired.  I have not attempted/needed to use wifi. 
I just love that these things are like tanks or like Asicminer blades.  They are tough and never fritz out like the h-boards.
As long as I have had them I only have had one mysteriously stop mining.  I was able to reset it remotely and started right up again.  Not sure what the issue was but it never repeated.
They do take up space though.  I only stack them 2 high.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

9 isnt many (think about the asicminer backplane where all 10 cards needed a connection!)

I personally am using a 48-port HP Prolink switch i got used for $10. Im only using a half-dozen of its ports, but its a great peice of hardware, runs on 120V, and is dead-easry to set up, connecting its trunk to one of the LAN ports on my wireless router

Thanks for shareing the info!! I have an HP Procurve switch 2224/24 port,got it for free  Grin :

So I should be good to go  Cool Cheesy

Thanks guys!!!!

yours does not seem to have designated 'trunk' port(s). (on mine, there are 48 10/100 ports plus 2 10/100/1000 ports that can be used for the link to the router. With yours, plugging any port of the switch to a LAN port from your router should do the trick. Ive only used static IPs and those work without a hitch. havent tried any DHCP but i dont see it being a problem
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

9 isnt many (think about the asicminer backplane where all 10 cards needed a connection!)

I personally am using a 48-port HP Prolink switch i got used for $10. Im only using a half-dozen of its ports, but its a great peice of hardware, runs on 120V, and is dead-easry to set up, connecting its trunk to one of the LAN ports on my wireless router

Thanks for shareing the info!! I have an HP Procurve switch 2224/24 port,got it for free  Grin :

So I should be good to go  Cool Cheesy

Thanks guys!!!!
Activity: 553
I just noticed that they are no longer offering starter kits.  Shocked

Hi everyone -

Just a heads up that our M-boards were delayed due to Chinese New Year.  They should be in by Feb 21st.  H-boards are in stock, though.

Activity: 490
I just noticed that they are no longer offering starter kits.  Shocked
Activity: 651
My PGP Key: 92C7689C

Why would there be?  Mining isn't a particularly bandwidth-heavy activity:

The first chart is from a 9-card Bitfury rig with two BFL Jalapeños hanging off it.  The second is from an Antminer.  The combined average traffic for the two is only about 6 kbps inbound and 2 kbps outbound. The 14.4-kbps modem I bought for my BBS back in '90 or '91 would handle that.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: