Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 10. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Ive been having trouble with my bitfury staying connected to the pool during the last 2 days - it is constantly dropping to zero hashrate from anything from a few minutes to a few hours. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17ztqVKWEg1j25D3AoX87W66rYJApasPLK

the interface for the miner says it is stable and never reflects issues. It seems to work again if i click 'start miner' but that isnt solving the constant ups and downs
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital,

We are investors. Now they move on to bigger things.
Activity: 252
didnt make you think the little guys are no longer important....

Unfortunately that is exactly what he is saying.  Retail support and sales is a pain in the ass that they will only deal with for a price.  Choose to pay it or not, they don't care, and they shouldn't.  That is how business works. If it reaches a point when they need the money they may lower price but who knows.

I however don't understand the comparison of preorder, no one here had mentioned anything about being cost competitive with something that cannot ship right now.  And although some where whining I would hope that most are just inquiring of their intent, in order to make current purchase decisions.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Discount on future order for paying over market prices today?   There are lots of promos and things that you could do to show appreciation to the customers that have stood behind you.   Hoping that $5 million.dollar sale didnt make you think the little guys are no longer important....
im glad you ship....  but bitmain ships,  avalons are shipping,   no one has asked for matching cointerra $3 per ghs,   a little help on prices to be more competitive with ant miner or avalon is all the community has requested....
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.

Which is a real shame. You have a fine product. It's not "legacy" by any means. The only problem is the price. Since you can't meet the going $5/gh rate, we'll look forward to the next gen. Hopefully that will bring you back into a competitive price range.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Are you able to price products in BTC Dave? Your service is light years ahead of the competition. You guys say you're shipping and the fedex dood is knocking on the door next day Shocked, but the current exchange rate makes your products tough to take. H cards were right around .42BTC last time I bought, but they're now around .53BTC with higher difficulty. It's a bummer.  
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.
MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.
All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy. 
If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.

good points, but it doesnt make your product any more attractive then an antminer S1. I just know that when I am buying my next 1+TH of equipment it will be from them, because the product does the same thing but at a lower cost.

MBP deserves a premium for their payment options and FedEx delivery speeds, but not what it is now. A ~35GH card costs 0.5BTC - thats a price more than twice that of Bitmain.

However, its your store and clearly the current sales numbers are sufficient. If thats the case, then by all means continue making money - just remember that you could get many more sales at a lower price-point
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.

MBP was and still is focused on building mines.  Retail sales has been a great way to involve the community, and initially generated some good capital, though we haven't done anything like the sales of KnC, Cointerra, etc. and in the face of 28nm, our product has become "legacy" equipment already.

All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy.  

If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.

All valid points. Which opens up the market to new players.

Are the 55nm chips coming back to your site for sale Buzzdave?
vip
Activity: 472

Yes, there's a reason many oem's are pulling out of retail.  There's tremendous workload associated with providing quality customer service, a solid refund policy and fast shipping.  Adding credit cards has increased our administrative costs due to the amount of credit card fraud.  In order to honor refund requests, I've sent millions in BTC and USD.  In addition, the presale market continues to set lower bounds on price, despite the fact the we ship and they dont.  Price fluxuations in BTC drive ROI models crazy, putting pressure on us to lower prices.  Leased haspower is at least currently demanding an attractive premium over offering retail.
All this being said, we still have an idea of what we are willing to sell our hardware for, and that is reflected in our prices.  I dont typically respond to price wars, nor do I ever engage on forum arguments about ROI.  The price point each miner will pay is a personal decision and everyone has a different strategy. 
If my prices don't appeal to you, I encourage you to shop around!  But I hope this is not perceived as a.lack of support to the community.  I remain committed to bringing our next gen products to this community along with continuing to field the best customer service and support team in the market today.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mod-please-delete-424621

Even at 40ghs per board...... 215ghs avalon gen 2 for 1.10btc.....   200ghs antminer 1.4btc

Load balance works fine on chainminer. I haven't checked the cpu load on the wimpy raspies since adding more pools, but they seem to be holding up fine with a modest overclock. Bitminter has been going down recently and the idle hashes were sent to the other two pools like clockwork. 
Activity: 327
Is cgminer now working with the newer H cards? If so I would switch in a second, 0 failover sucks so bad.
HW errors are not included(noncerate vs hashrate). The reject rate hovers around .03% on bitminter so I doubt it's much of a factor either. Hashrate gyrates between 4900ish and 5400ish according to bitminter with 138 cards, a little over half of which are modded(voltage & aluminum). BtcGuild seems to be spitting out very similar numbers now, though the cards initially had stability trouble there. I dunno if a proxy update patched up the trouble or what, but they work fine on BtcGuild now.

Listen, I'm not looking to be the bitfury spokesperson, I think the gear is horribly overpriced at this point. They should at least come with heatsinks at these prices, but they are fun to tinker with and you can finesse a decent hashrate from them with some patience. Well lots of patience. It's not a very polished product to be sure.

Love cgminer btw, so thank you.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
But is that the actual Paid GH/s (i.e. the Pool Accepted shares = those GH/s) or is it something more than the Paid GH/s?
(Does it include rejects or hardware errors?)

When I wrote the cgminer driver, I also ran chainminer sometimes to see what I should expect in performance, but I quickly gave up on trying to work out what the numbers were that chainminer was spitting out.
My solution was to run a local P2Pool instance at low diff, that only chainminer was talking to - so I had all the graphs about the hash rates etc.
That showed it starting sometimes as high as 40GH/s but never staying that high for long - usually ending up around 36GH/s within an hour
Compared to those related numbers, I'm getting over 41GH/s on the same board.

Edit: I should also add that when considering Paid GH/s based on accepted shares, you need to run it for at least some hours to get somewhat reliable results due to variance (and multiply the hours required by your difficulty also)
They're capable of 40+ with some coaxing.

Activity: 336
all the requests for lower prices to competition..... love how they are ignored.....

way to take care of the community that made you guys multi millionaires....

I really dont know if we made them millionaires or not. They do have an awfully large mine that make lots of BTC. The public sales were appreciated but I think the mine takes precedence.
all the requests for lower prices to competition..... love how they are ignored.....

way to take care of the community that made you guys multi millionaires....

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
What voltage do the BA boards run at? My best MBP boards can get just over 40GH when the weather's cool. But the main bottleneck seems to be the voltage regulator. Most of my boards are overvolted to around 0.86v, and the speeds are set just below where the regulator would cut out due to overcurrent/temp. At 0.86v, they could usually be clocked higher before getting too many errors, if it weren't for the current limit. I can determine that by turning off a couple chips and clocking higher until the errors start. Do the BA boards have a higher current limit than 30A?
I'm not actually sure what this one is (i.e. if it is standard voltage or set higher)
Someone sent it to me and I wrote the driver (end of last year)
I've since got 6 more but I don't have direct access to them at the moment for testing, so I again don't know too much about the hardware side of them.
... part of the reason why I asked questions myself Smiley
The BA ones have fans on them also. My 40GH/s uses 50W at the wall (total including RPi and controller)
Activity: 681
^what about price adjustments in the MBP store?
lulz

double lulz,

We have 3 pages of cost adjustment questions and we get a reply about where he is going/meeting. With the btc price low now, antminer is better choice by a huge margin. 400 for 35gh +controller or 750 for 180gh standalone machine, tough choice right?
Yes indeed Smiley

Aside: Hmm - so why does my BA fury board do 40.1GH/s paid to the pool?
What's up with the ones made by the guys here?
(or is that something to do with my cgminer driver?)
Yes these are real questions ... I've only had access to a small number of BA fury boards and basically no access at all to the boards listed here.
So I've no idea if my driver needs more work to support a lot of boards (yeah there really isn't much CPU power in an RPi) or if something else is going on.
I guess I need to spend some time on a large BA fury setup and work out what's going on with these crappy performance figures reported for the hardware here.
Then once I'm sure cgminer performs well with lots of boards, then the question here will be why on earth the boards here are rated so low.

What voltage do the BA boards run at? My best MBP boards can get just over 40GH when the weather's cool. But the main bottleneck seems to be the voltage regulator. Most of my boards are overvolted to around 0.86v, and the speeds are set just below where the regulator would cut out due to overcurrent/temp. At 0.86v, they could usually be clocked higher before getting too many errors, if it weren't for the current limit. I can determine that by turning off a couple chips and clocking higher until the errors start. Do the BA boards have a higher current limit than 30A?
Pages:
Jump to: