Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 122. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I have not heard anything about the mining income for delayed august kits, even though it looks like at least one person has (based on a quote about 2-3 pages back).

i'd love to use the income towards a future purchase, especially if there are any discounts or similar for returning customers. even a bonus EOL board would be really cool. (im a little jealous that many of the first half of the august starters got 25-35ghash worth from 2 boards :p)

If I'm not mistaken, Dave didn't send out a lot of EOL boards although I think Punin did.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
***October Supply Adjustment***

We are nearing October shipping cycle and to keep the ship-within-October goal realistic, I've decided to curtail further sales.  There are a few more rigs left on the site for anyone still on the fence.  Cutting sales off now allows us to better plan for shipping all this product within reasonable timeframes and achieve our promised goal and meet your expectations as customers.

After product is sold out, there will be no further product made available until it is in-stock and shipping immediately.  This is likely to be in November, but no promises - it will be dependent on a number of other factors.

Prices will be determined at that time so that we can provide the customer with a suitable ROI picture with respect to network difficulty and competitive offerings.

Regards,
Dave
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
I have not heard anything about the mining income for delayed august kits, even though it looks like at least one person has (based on a quote about 2-3 pages back).

i'd love to use the income towards a future purchase, especially if there are any discounts or similar for returning customers. even a bonus EOL board would be really cool. (im a little jealous that many of the first half of the august starters got 25-35ghash worth from 2 boards :p)

Its comin'...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Difficulty

Next difficulty (estimate): 149,493,100

according to bitcoindifficulty.com

Sad Sad Sad Sad
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I just received mine today!...but i paid $111 custom fees Embarrassed
need to start running it....

To Canada?  They have to mark them as "prototype sample PCB" or usually you'll have to pay fees

They are marked as motherboards and taxed at 100%. I paid $110 on mine as well.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
oh too bad they couldn't mark it "prototype sample PCB"
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

To Canada?  They have to mark them as "prototype sample PCB" or usually you'll have to pay fees
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Activity: 602
Ahh - thanks for the links - those clear up many questions...

so just to be clear about my frustrations earlier:
i dont think anyone but insiders knew about bitfury's private 200th+ pool (using these same/similar compotents as sold by megabigpower)
when people placed orders they didn't know that the 100th pool would be upgraded to 200th pool
when people placed orders they were told that October orders would be towards the end of october and that was the justification for such a significant price difference.
and since we've established bitcoin mining to be a zero-sum game you must understand why people can get frustrated when things go favorably for others.
given all the changes people should freely express that august orders were "overpriced" and honestly, it's about time for most to get out of this game for the time being. dave has handled his enterprise in one of the most professional manners in this environment. even then it seems to be just not worth it.
Activity: 631
heh, just saw the hex on the mboard v2 and found that it's the coinbase for the genesis block. funny how i suggested (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3020448) that phrase for the kncminer slogan contest. would have been awkwardd
Activity: 576
MegaBigPower   44,226.02 GH/s, almost 2 weeks they are struggling to get past 50TH/s. Hope they don't delay Oct shipping because they can't get to 200TH Cheesy

Looks like they are slowly switching over to solo mining. They are around 70-75TH/s right now.

Yep - sorry for the radio silence.  First solo block mined and actively moving over to solo - internal hashrate 70-75TH.  We still have some failover processes that drop hashrate off to btcguild, but we will be systematically finishing this transition over the next couple days.

More optimizing, more hardware, more hashes all coming soon...
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Ahh - thanks for the links - those clear up many questions...
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
There is proper thread on security section of the forum:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/picostocks-100ths-bitcoin-mine-100th-140366
It's been talked who is who few times at least.
Bussines plan of 100Th/200TH mine is also avaible:
https://picostocks.com/businessplan/19

ghash.io is Bitfury PRIVATE pool. You can't buy shares of this.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Megabigpower on btcg IS the 100/200TH mine. Dave is in charge of deploying the mine...it is not his personal mine. Ghash.io is a private mine...not the 100/200Th mine.

It is a valid question to ask if October orders will be delayed to bring up the mine since the mine is pretty far behind schedule.

So this begs the question... Who are these people behind the 200THs Mine (and Ghash.io)?  Those are some DEEP pockets, lol.

Leszek, Maciek, and Dave i think. There was a whitepaper that I read sometime back.
Mining for the hell of it.
os someone who got into bitcoin early.
Glow Stick Dance!
Megabigpower on btcg IS the 100/200TH mine. Dave is in charge of deploying the mine...it is not his personal mine. Ghash.io is a private mine...not the 100/200Th mine.

It is a valid question to ask if October orders will be delayed to bring up the mine since the mine is pretty far behind schedule.

So this begs the question... Who are these people behind the 200THs Mine (and Ghash.io)?  Those are some DEEP pockets, lol.
Activity: 631

Merit: 501
Got it.  Dunno what that team is on BTCGuild, or if it's actually related to the 100TH in some way.  I guess Dave would have to answer that one, but I don't think the 100TH is mining under the name megabigpower - I really think it must be Dave's personal stuff...
Glow Stick Dance!
If I'm not mistaken, the 200THs project is not Dave's.  I think they are customers of MGP, perhaps they invested with Dave to get MGP off of the ground and give him some clout to be a part of the Bitfury team.

Conjecture on my part but I do recall reading that Dave is somehow separate from 200THs.
Jump to: